Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies

B

Glad to have you on board, Lake!

And just a heads up to attendees.....GEORGE goes on sale today at Noon, EST.

Make sure your spam filter is letting the [email protected] adrs through.

I'll be emailing the "secret link" to purchase to our attendees at noon today.

George is up for sale!!!

Just in case you don't get our emails, you can direct link to him here:

http://www.luauatthelake.com/george.html

They're going FAST!!!

Better hurry up and "buy George"! They are going faster than an inaugural event mug by Squid, oh never mind.

D

got ours! see you at The Lake!

Very Cool dogbytes!!!!

V

On 2009-08-24 22:30, Lake Surfer wrote:
Just back from Tiki Oasis, and in a few weeks I point the Town & Country East to Lake George!

Yes, I am happy to finally announce that Lake Tiki will be a part of Ohana!

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Very cool ! Yeah, can't wait to see you all

When I found out Jimmy Virani was coming to the States again, how could I not make the trip!?!?

Its been too long, my friend, looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

What he said! :D

On 2009-08-27 22:36, Lake Surfer wrote:
When I found out Jimmy Virani was coming to the States again, how could I not make the trip!?!?

Its been too long, my friend, looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Hey all!

Wish I could make it to the event, but since I can't, I'm sending some aloha spirit in the form of a painting for the silent auction. "The Three Moais" are currently paddling their way across the continent from Vancouver, Canada to Lake George, NY!

As you are probably aware, proceeds from the Silent Auction will go to a combination of The Easter Island Foundation (www.IslandHeritage.org) & into a fund to aid the Fraternal Order of Moai to establish their Non-Profit status.

Enjoy the art and stop by and say hi to my little Moais if you're there!

Heather

"The Three Moais" by Heather Watts
6" x 9" Acrylic on Velvet

"The Three Moais" shown in vintage frame

Detail photo from "The Three Moais"

Detail photo from "The Three Moais"

I'm sure it will find a good home via the auction.

Mahalo, Heather.

T

Sorry to here you can't make it. What a bummer. But I'm hoping it finds it's way into my home..:D :D Wow, wouldn't that be the best! I'll get one of your great velvets yet! Thanks

C

FABULOUS, Heather!!!!!

A BIG MAHALO for helping us out with the Silent auction 8)

I know I'll be putting in a bid on this one, though I know I'll have stiff competition, too :wink:

S
squid posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 10:29 AM

This just in:

My friends Mo-Eye (from Taboo Island) and Braddah Gecko have decided to use me as their pack mule and surrogate vendor. Hey, what are friends for? So I'll be selling our collaborations on Saturday. Ltd edition mugs, pendants, table lighters and more!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Lil George (the pendant) will be available at registration on Friday.

C

Most excellent, Squid- always thrilled to have More fabulous art to choose from :D

Looking forward to seeing the additional wares.

AND to getting my George pendant!!!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 11:20 AM

SORRY! No picture :(

My painting titled "The Four Sentinels" is on its way (via USPS) to New York state as I write this - :D

It should realize at least a few bucks for the charity auction 8)

Wish I could be there to meet all of you personally. Everyone have a Mai Tai for me will 'ya?

On 2009-09-01 10:29, squid wrote:
This just in:

My friends Mo-Eye (from Taboo Island) and Braddah Gecko have decided to use me as their pack mule and surrogate vendor. Hey, what are friends for? So I'll be selling our collaborations on Saturday. Ltd edition mugs, pendants, table lighters and more!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Lil George (the pendant) will be available at registration on Friday.

Damn, now I really need to dig up some spending cash!!!

Damn you Squid!!!! :D

See you soon!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

D

btw: i donated some really cool Trader Vics' stuff. Plates, single old fashion glasses, S&P,Wine Glasses and Menus for the auction.

HUGE thank yous to everyone who has donated to the silent auction so far! Every single item we've received is amazing and your generosity is deeply appreciated!

Sleep, what's sleep?

You say its nearly 4 am here?

But I'm still working on the VIP goodies for Ohana!

I'd go to sleep, but I'm just going to see more "Georges" in my dreams! :o

OHANA!

(The event everyone will be talking about the rest of the year!)

B

On 2009-09-02 01:45, Lake Surfer wrote:
OHANA!

(The event everyone will be talking about the rest of the year!)

OHANA! Its not just for breakfast anymore!

Ok, so, we've got more seats added to the Early dinner show. If you have an Event Only pass and DIDNT get an email from me, pm or email me immediately (and check your spam filter to make sure [email protected] is approved). I'll be working my way down the waiting list starting tomorrow, so those of you with event passes who want to upgrade, get to me quick!

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

How much longer till we get there?

I have to pee.

Don't make me stop this car, Chip!

D

i have 3 brand new, custom-made dresses from Fashion Tramp! thanks Andy!!

YAY. are we there yet??

M

I'm coming as Mrs. Virani

P
pablus posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 2:24 PM

The Germans and French are invading, they'd better bring some Cuban cigars or rugbymatt and I may have to put together a little impromptu scrum.

S

WOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Well, our home is not to far from Lake George, BUT ARE WE THERE YET??

On 2009-09-06 14:24, pablus wrote:
The Germans and French are invading...

But mitout moi! Boohooooo, this is one event I did not wanna miss this year. But noooooho, I'm stuck on my shoot. SHOOT!
Reminisce on the first time you saw this Tiki Temple, in the pages of the BOT, and think of poor me, who has never before, and again will not get to behold its Witco-esque treasures...sniff! :cry: Or any of the other attractions of the area...

On 2009-09-06 04:31, Mogambo wrote:
I'm coming as Mrs. Virani

Sweeeet!

It will be great to see you again and talk tiki!

B

On 2009-09-07 11:12, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2009-09-06 14:24, pablus wrote:
The Germans and French are invading...

But mitout moi! Boohooooo, this is one event I did not wanna miss this year. But noooooho, I'm stuck on my shoot. SHOOT!
Reminisce on the first time you saw this Tiki Temple, in the pages of the BOT, and think of poor me, who has never before, and again will not get to behold its Witco-esque treasures...sniff! :cry: Or any of the other attractions of the area...

Probably the same weekend next year BigBro...black it out in your calendar. Then its off to a different locale for 2011...but thats a secret right now. :wink:

George knows Mini Golf.

Do you?

Do you?

You bet your f&@#ing ass.

See you at the Lake!

the following message is approved by bargoyle

at ohana, i will have available for sale/pickup the following:

10 x 10 Pop-Up Tents with simulated thatch top.
these pop-up tents were used once at a recent luau, and are now looking for a new home. gently used and repackaged, they fold down to a zip-up soft-sided bag that measures approximately 18 inches square by 4 feet long.

ask bargoyle, they are great for instant thatched shelter. they have no sides, but not to say that you couldn't add some kind of material.

the roof itself measures 8 feet square, and they are 10 feet square at the base.

with shipping, it would cost you about $200 elsewhere. i will have them at ohana for $150. if you want to arrange to pre-pay, paypal or other, we can drop the price even more - just pm me or email me at [email protected].

mahalo - j$

It was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it but it's clear now, can't wait. Myself and the Castro Castaways will be arriving on Friday the 18th - Virani, can't wait to give you big hugs!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2009-09-08 11:44 ]

Hmmm..... today is the 9th day of the 9th month. And only 9 more days to Ohana.

Maybe there really is something to this whole numerology game.....

S
squid posted on Wed, Sep 9, 2009 6:47 PM

On 2009-09-07 13:03, Lake Surfer wrote:
George knows Mini Golf.

Do you?

That George fellow really gets around. Quite the swinger! Nice one Dave!

Here's the kid brother to swing around your neck:

2" tall and only $15 each! See y'all in a few days....... :)

V

On 2009-09-08 11:40, tiki_kiliki wrote:
It was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it but it's clear now, can't wait. Myself and the Castro Castaways will be arriving on Friday the 18th - Virani, can't wait to give you big hugs!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2009-09-08 11:44 ]

YEAHHHHH, I want my hugs NOW.

B

Damn. Golfin' George is a hoot! and the Lil' George pendants came out great!! I may have to get more than one, so when i lose it (as I seem to lose ALL the pendant/carvings I buy) I'll still have one to wear!

That George fellow really gets around. Quite the swinger! Nice one Dave!

Here's the kid brother to swing around your neck:

2" tall and only $15 each! See y'all in a few days....... :)

Dave!

Really nice work with the pendents!

I only hope I did your creation justice with my trophies, they were a lot of fun to make!

Thanks, and I'll see you at the Lake next week!

lake at the lake... lake at the lake... ;D

Considering a bottle party on Sat eve after last meal and music plays. Details are sketchy but bring an opened bottle (or close to full - it is the second night) and sample others bottles - Consider this a sipping party but things could change. Let me know interest from fellow rum drinkers and if I need to start a new thread I will! - Sully.

Let me know if you are in and what you would consider bringing. Most likely this will happen in a room at The Tiki Howard Johnsons - probably my room.

I like the idea Jack. No need to start a new thread.

I can bring a bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 just for this...and we'll see how much of my Zacappa 23 is left (I'm starting the weekend with a full bottle...sat night....might be gone! lol)

ok if it (RUM TASTING) gets confusing in this one I'll create ohana bottle chug! topic in tiki events..

any news about the DOLE drink contest - ie start time location etc? - I'm guessing saturday day - but got to figure out tee time too for mini golf!

good times e* ven dr frankentiki is coming out of hibernation to share in the upstate tiki ness!

T

Are we there yet?

C

On 2009-09-11 16:00, sneakyjack wrote:
any news about the DOLE drink contest - ie start time location etc? - I'm guessing saturday day - but got to figure out tee time too for mini golf!

Sure!
The cocktail contest starts at Noon on Saturday - we've a bunch of mixologists who will be stepping up to the judging table, so everyone please be prompt. We're picking time slots randomly out of a hat & all entrants will know when they're "on". Because of the strong interest, we're asking everyone to be ready to GO when your time slot is up, as we'll need to wrap-up the contest before the special SURPRISE guest arrives at 2pm :wink: BE THERE!

See you all at THE LAKE!!!

OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA

Next week at this time,

I'll be in Lake George with a tasty cocktail in my hand instead of sitting in front of this damn computer!

OHANA!

So nice, I posted twice. :wink:

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2009-09-13 18:17 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies