Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 6:02 AM

That place looks awesome! Thanks for giving them some attention. I wish I could get up there. I'm sure it will be a blast.

On 2009-04-06 09:24, Bargoyle wrote:
Plus, you can get contraband rum on the Canadian side!!!

Not that I would condone any such actions, I post this merely for informational purposes.

Of course not. I would never intentionally do something illegal like import contraband rum....... wink wink.

E

Cheryl and I are comin' up from the city for the Lake George luau. It's our first tiki event and are we excited!

Best, David

Bobbi and I just made our reservations and bought our tickets to our first event also. Driving up from Binghamton NY. So Friggin Excited!!! If summer wasn't so short already I'd wish it was already past...:)

KK

K

TikiTwang and I (Rollie and Kathy) just booked our room!! This will be our first event and we can't wait!!! Thank you thank you thank you GraniteTiki!! We needed the push!! AAAAH!!! I'm so happy!!!!

Atta Girl!!!!

It's gonna be a blast!!!!

Room booked, tickets bought (late show)!!!

Hopping across the border and coming down to Lake George... looking forward to it!

B

Glad to see so many new people are deciding to join us!

We promise to make it a weekend to remember, and guarantee you'll leave with a bunch of new friends!!

The Early and Late shows are both 1/2 sold out, so if you havent bought tickets yet, you should think about doing it soon.

We've also extended the deadline for the Free Hurricane glass to May 20th, so the people who just found out about the event from the ad in Tiki Magazine still have the opportunity to get one (we're cool like that! lol ).

As usual, we thank everyone for their support, and we'll see you at the Lake!!!

http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

I'll be there with my esposo, looking forward to finally meeting other Tikiphiles in person!

FYI, just reserved our room, and the king bedrooms are all gone already!

B

Just a heads up, the Ohana Late Show is 3/4 sold out, so if you want tickets to dine late, better act fast!!!

I'll be sending an email blast with the full schedule by weeks end (hopefully). If you havent signed up for our mailing list, you can get on it by going to: http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Mahalo!!! And we'll see ya at the Lake!!!!

D
dcman posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 3:17 PM

Just tried to get a room, kings and queens are sold out right now. Only doubles are left. I have a call into group sales to see if they will start a waiting list for folks who want larger beds in case of cancellations. If worse comes to worse, maybe I'll stay close by and visit the "events".

By the way, anyone who wants to add a day or two should consider hitting the finger lakes region. The winery scene in upstate new york is diverse, fun, and decidedly un-snobby. Just about any lake will provide you with places to hit for some killer partying. I live here and used to work for a few of the wineries. It's well worth a special trip.

If you're interested, post on the thread and I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers - dcman

D
dcman posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 8:28 AM

My mistake guys! There ARE, I repeat, ARE some non-double rooms still available. Ask for the OHANA package, or talk to group sales. This is great news!

Dan/dcman

B

You beat me to it. I was gonna post that you should definitely mention OHANA when you talk to them. We've got the entire main building reserved for us!!!

Schedule is up on the website (subject to change)

D
dcman posted on Fri, Jun 5, 2009 3:31 AM

Just made my room reservations! Woo-hoo!

dcman

I just made our room reservation. The hotel says it's filling up fast!

T

:o :o Kiki, I also did that first thing this morning when I got up.. See you and everyone else there! Well actually, we'll see you on the 28th? Hopefully the sun will be shining here by then! :lol:

Come on folks, don't miss out on this. Call and get a room while they last..

M

Got mine a couple weeks ago, for the wife and I. It will be about a 4 hours drive south of the border for us. We're excited but a bit nervous since it will be our first tiki event (we don't see much of them up here around Montreal) and are not 100% fluent in English conversations. Also we're not exactly sure how room crawls works but, hey, there's a first time for everything, no? It gonna be our "tikimmersion" so to speak...

Aloha 'oe!

C

No worries, Mythiki, after a few cocktails, most of us aren't fluent in English, either :wink:

Glad to have you aboard - it'll be LOTS OF FUN!!!!!! :D

Nice to hear another Montrealer will be there, Mythiki... It'll be a first for me too, despite being quite heavily involved in the tiki scene for the last 10 years and having visited most of the other places where events are held, this is the first one that works out time-wise for me! Looking forward to it!

On 2009-06-16 20:27, Mythiki wrote:
We're excited but a bit nervous since it will be our first tiki event (we don't see much of them up here around Montreal) and are not 100% fluent in English conversations. Also we're not exactly sure how room crawls works but, hey, there's a first time for everything, no?

No problem, the accent will be mysterious and by the end of the night you'll probably speak better English than everyone else.

As for the room crawl.... show up, have a cocktail, maybe toss a tip in the jar (Loonies accepted). Don't forget to hydrate.

B

Just a heads up,

there are only about 5 rooms left in our block, so if you havent booked a room, now might be the time to do so.

I'm headed up to the resort this coming weekend, and will hopefully get some rooms added (most likely in the stand alone original Motor Lodge building), but just in case, you may want to book now!!

More announcements to come soon. Sign up for the mailing list & be the first to know. http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Mahalo!! and we'll see ya at the Lake!!!

B

The Tiki Resort is Sold Out!!! All rooms booked.

I'm working with management to use the Holiday Inn accross the street (stumbling distance, dont worry) as our second hotel with the same rates.

Also, the Late show is just about sold out as well. Only 6 slots left.

More info on second Hotel tmrw.

Thanks for the support everyone! This is gonna be one event you dont want to miss!!

Well, I am taking a giant leap here...
I reserved my room last week (luckily), but just bought tickets now.
I won't know for another two months if I can actually go to this fun event, but I don't want to miss out IF I can. Tiki AND miniature golf? It's like some kind of beautiful dream.

So, if there's anyone who finds themselves needing a room and tickets for the 8:30 dinner, keep my name in mind, because I may just have to sell mine sometime in late August/Early September. If I do, I will post a notice right here on this link. But I hope I won't have to.

B

Thanks for taking the plunge Tangaroa-Ru!

Hopefully we'll see you out in wacky Lake George come September!!

For those who haven't booked yet, I'm still working on an overflow hotel, but don't let that stop you from buying event tickets.

In fact, the Late Show is now SOLD OUT!!!

And the remaining seats for the Early show are going fast too!

Mahalo! & We'll see ya at the Lake!!!

On 2009-06-22 19:19, rev_thumper wrote:
Ohana gets some love from the local press and mayor...

http://www.denpubs.com/Articles-c-2009-05-06-58921.113116-sub_Tiki_Resort_to_host_fans_of_Polynesianpop_ambiance.html

the mayor of the town should meet with the mayor of exotica. maybe make him an honorary mayor of exotica.

and maybe Sully the Bargoyle could be awarded the ceremonial keys to Rum Vault?

B

NOW we're talking, Granite!!!!

and F* ceremonial, I want FUNCTIONAL keys!!!

P

I've already scoped out the 24 hour diners and waffle joints so that Professor Hummingflower and I will have a place to dine in the early hours after we've put everyone down for the night/morning.

Except FreakBear. If he's there we may have company.

Giving Bargoyle keys to the rum vault is like giving the Hamburgler keys to the walk-in.

B

robble-robble

FYI - My room is on the ground floor of the main building and has a lanai overlooking Lake George. That will be the cigar lounge so bring some good sippin rum and your sticks!

Ok, so once again folks, the Resort is completely booked, but the event itself is NOT sold out (although its getting close).

I'm still working on an over-run hotel and will have that info up on Monday. It will be walking/stumbling distance from the TIki, so you wont miss any events, and might even be able to get some sleep away from the late night shenanigans that are bound to happen at the Resort itself. (or join in those shenanigans until you feel its time to stumble back! lol )

The Late show is fully booked, and the Early show is filling up fast, so dont delay in ordering your tickets!

Again, huge Mahalos to all of the people who are helping out behind the scenes, and of course, to you, our attendees, for your continued support of all the wacky little events we put on up in these parts.

Not only would these events not happen without all of you, they wouldn't be nearly as fun without the Aloha spirit that you all bring.

Aloha, & we'll see you at the Lake!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-06-25 11:36 ]

"rolin', rollin, rollin'"

Any more on an overflow hotel?
If not an official one, a suggestion on one that's in crawling distance?

I think I've finally got my husband convinced that the ideal way to spend Rosh Hashanah this year is sipping on rum drinks and eating pork snacks!

The Holiday Inn right up the street would be a good plan B for now.

C

On 2009-06-30 13:49, rugbymatt wrote:
The Holiday Inn right up the street would be a good plan B for now.

Yep! & it's definitely within crawling distance :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2+Canada+Street+Lake+George,+NY+12845&sll=41.175001,-73.842745&sspn=0.008189,0.018089&ie=UTF8&ll=43.414934,-73.712833&spn=0.001976,0.004522&t=h&z=18

Is Holiday Inn across the street? I can't remember I know there's something hotel like and a Campground right next door to the INN!

I won't know if I can make it til closer to the date.

UPDATe -
You can see the tiki sign in the distance with this shot from Holiday inn site:

Just look both ways before crossing the street!!!! RT 9

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2009-06-30 16:45 ]

B

Aloha folks!!

A few announcements about Ohana!!

Tickets will be back on sale 9PM tonight, but there are NOT alot of tickets left.

We're adding about 15 seats to the late show, and possibly some for the early show, and that will be it. So, if you don't want to be left out in the cold, go buy your tickets tonight, at 9pm EST.

I'm still working on freeing up some rooms at the Tiki itself, but if you'd like to make a reservation at the over-run hotel (and just cancel it if we free up some rooms at the Tiki) we ARE using the Holiday Inn RIGHT across the street. Easily stumbling distance, and a great view of the Tiki & the Lake itself from its grounds.

Mention that you're coming in for Ohana over at the Tiki. They've given us a rate of $109/night. 800-315-2621 or 518-668-5781

If rooms free up at the Tiki, I'll be announcing that via our email list, so if you haven't signed up for our spam...errrr announcements, go do so now.

Again, thanks for all the support, and we'll see you at the Lake!!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-07-01 06:45 ]

[ Edited by: bargoyle 2009-07-01 09:31 ]

B

Just an update from the Holiday Inn:

They're in the process of moving their office, so the room block was NOT uploaded into the computer. it IS $109 (a great rate!) and will be uploaded either tonight, or at the very least, by tmrw. Calling either number will work then.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Tried to buy tickets today, but Paypal says both early and late shows are sold out.
Is this true?

B

Both shows are indeed sold out.

We're going to put a waiting list form on the site today/tmrw. I'm hoping to add about 20 seats to the early show in the next few weeks (the early show had to be kept smaller so that it can be bused in time for the Late show. I'm exploring options with the resort to expand the number of seats at this show). Those on the waiting list will get first crack at the tickets.

We're also toying with the idea of discounted tickets that would include everything except dinner on Saturday night.

Sign up for the mailing list & be the first to know when new developments shake out.

I've got a room reserved across the street already.
Tell them I'll bus my own table if it helps!!!! :)

J

after a coupla technical snafus last evening - the waiting list is up and working on the website ticket page. Fill it out, hit 'submit' and you'll be on the list!

http://www.luauatthelake.com/tickets.html

B

Ok, so this is going to be our first Tiki event! Looking so forward to it. My friend Bill and myself will be coming in from Burlington, MA on Thursday. I got a rom at the Tiki - 2 double beds. If anyone really wants to stay in that hotel and can't get a room, your more than welcome to crash on the floor (or if your a wicked hot babe over the age of 18, you can crash in my bed. No, just kiddin) We got tix for the late show and picked up some Six flags tix for Saturday. And then plan to hit the U2 show at Gillette on the way home Sunday night. So a question: DO we supply our own alcohol? That's my only question. :) Thanks! Greg

Depending upon how much you drink (of course) most likely you won't need to bring your own stash. (Unless you're hosting a room in the room crawl of course)

The Hotel has a lounge and I believe they've received expert instruction on the specific wants and needs of the discriminating Tikiphile on a binge.

There's the Room Crawl as well, which will provide you with an abundance of rum drinks. (and that's an understatement)

You may require your own flask for 6 Flags though.

Alright, I'm in. Booked my room across the street and several friends from Fort Lauderdale and Miami will be joining me. Not to mention all the greats from NY!! Looking forward to attending an event instead of working it!!

B

Greg,

I'd advise hitting sixflags early and then hightailing it back to the Tiki!!

We've got a bunch of great stuff on for Saturday, starting the day off with our Mystery Guest at about 2pm, followed by Fisherman, followed by the Cocktail Preachers. Then we've got Pablus & The Granite Tiki playing in the lounge while the Pearls of Paradise dinner shows go on.

And then there's sure to be late night shenanigans.

A full day of tiki goodness!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies