Fang
Suzanne

6:00-7:30 Room 145

Ohana Luau at the Lake Room Crawl
Friday, September 18

-Jack & Gina

X
xtine posted on Sun, Sep 13, 2009 7:06 AM

I'm so freaking excited for this! Looking forward to meeting other Tiki New Englanders too!

Exotic Cocktails
Big Island Firebird
Hawaii Kai Treasure

Exotic Sounds
DJs Tabuzak and Martiki-bird

Exotic Hosts

OK - Where are the Exotic Dancers???????

B

Aloha everyone!!!

This is probably my final update before the event, and its a biggie, but please take a second to read it all.

It'll help prepare you for what you're in for...

Some of the events we haven't discussed too much, that deserve a little attention:

MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT

Play any of the cool mini golf courses in town and you could be our mini-golf champion!

There’s Goony Golf, right up the road on Canada street (exit the resort & head left. Its right on the corner of rte 9 & 9N). A staple of Lake George for over 30 years, it lives up to its name! It’s a little far to walk, but a VERY short car ride. http://www.goonygolf.com/

Also up in that direction (and a little closer) is Pirate’s Cove. A little more modern, but a fun course none-the-less. And no one looks at you funny if you run around saying “YARRR” the whole time. http://www.piratescove.net/location/19

For a close course, there’s Around the World Golf. As you leave the resort, take a right, then take your first right on W. Brook Road. The course is on your left on the corner of W. Brook & Beach Rd, overlooking the Lake. VERY close & easily walkable, and you’ve got your choice of courses: Around the World or Around the US. http://www.aroundtheworldgolf.com/

All you have to do to enter the contest is play one of the courses before 5pm on Saturday, and turn in your scorecard to any of our Ohana volunteers (At the Merchandise table, Silent Auction table, or Check-in table). Please write your name (badge name, real name, or screen name…we don’t care, as long as its something you’ll answer to!) on the score card, and which dinner show you’ll be in (Early, Late, or None). That’s it!

We’ll have prizes for the best & worst scores (please be HONEST when playing) as well as a special prize for the person with the best Golf Outfit…so breakout your best golf togs & knee-high socks! Fore!!!

SILENT AUCTION

Over in the vendor’s area, we’ve got a booth set up with fantastic donations from our advertisers & sponsors. Go peruse the incredible selection of tiki wares and one-of-a-kind items, and if you like something, place a bid. The booth will be open at 10AM on Saturday, and bidding will close by 5:00pm (maybe even a bit earlier). All items must be paid for immediately after bidding closes and winners are announced. There’s some AMAZING stuff up for bid, so go check it out. Be sure to bid early and bid often!

SURF MUSIC 101

Also on Saturday, at 1pm, Sandy from 9th Wave has agreed to give a short presentation about Surf music. Full of fun tidbits, cool sounds, and little education (it wont hurt, I promise), its going to be fun for all, from the surf novice to the surf expert. The presentation will happen in Paradise.

VENDORS

We’ve got some great vendors coming in from across the globe to bring you incredible items that your life is not complete without. The Vending area will open at 2pm on Friday, and at 10AM on Saturday. How late they stay open is at the discretion of the Vendors (we don’t want to tie them up too much, they want to join the party too!) but booths should be open until at least 5pm each day.

OHANA MUGS/MERCHANDISE

Yes, we’ll also have our own stuff for sale out in the vending area. I’m sure you’ve all seen the George Mug that our pal Squid designed. Well, we’ve got a limited number of George’s still available that will be sold first come-first serve.

We’ve also got a bunch of other stuff (pendants, event posters, & clothing) that we want to surprise you with, so be sure to stop by the Merchandise booth and take a peek at all the groovy stuff we’ve got.

PIRATE CHEST RAFFLE

When you check in, be sure to sneak a peek at the four Pirate’s chests, full of tiki goodies… because we’re going to close them and lock them up. Interested in taking home what’s inside them? Buy a key that may be the lucky one to open it! The chests will be out (and locked up) all day on Saturday to try your keys in. If your key opens it, its contents are yours! EVERY raffle key will fit into the locks, but only the lucky ones will open them. Keys are $3ea, or 2 for $5, and there are a limited number of them available. What better way to celebrate “Talk Like A Pirate Day” than trying to get at me booty?

SWAG, SWAG, & MORE SWAG

For those who have been to our events before, you know we LOVE to give away free stuff, and this year is no different. We’ve made our coveted Swag-Bags again this year, and you’ll get one when you check in. Its chock full of goodies and samples, but its not complete. No, there was SOOO much stuff this year (some of it too fragile to include in the bags) that we’re doing a SECOND ROUND OF SWAG on Saturday!! Stop over by the Silent Auction booth on Saturday to be sure to get the “big ticket” swag items that were donated by Trader Vics & Kegworks. You don’t want to miss out on these!

And since I’ve been mentioning check-in (a lot) in this post, maybe I should go over that process for everyone.

Starting at 2PM on Friday, our check-in booth will be open. Simply come over and give us the email adrs & name you used to purchase your tickets. You’ll be handed an envelope with your badges in inside, and given lanyards to attach them to. Please wear your badge at ALL times when at while at the event. Not only does it let us know that you’re a paying attendee, but it also acts as a nice name tag…and the schedule of events is printed on the back for quick reference.

If you pre-purchased a George mug, your Certificate of Authenticity will also be in the envelope, as well as a ticket you need to turn in at the Merchandise table to pick up your George.

At check-in everyone receives a swag bag, a copy of Ohana Magazine, and if you registered early, a replica of the Tiki Motor Inn’s Hurricane glass. (These were offered to people who purchased tickets before the end of May, but we should have some extras for sale if you’re interested).

Phew!! I think that’s everything, and I’ll have a lot of this info printed on the supplemental handouts available in the Lobby of the Tiki and at check in.

Just a few days to go. I cant wait to see you all.

Mahalo, and we’ll see you at the Lake!

B

PS.

On saturday afternoon, before our Special Guest arrives, DJs Jack Fetterman & Jeff Chenault will be spinning tunes for your drinking and shopping pleasure.

and

ppss. For those brave souls who are either still up from Friday night, or are VERY early risers..... there will be a second show performed by Waitiki on Saturday Morning....EARLY!!!

Breakfast with Waitiki....8am!!! You can sleep AFTER Ohana is over! :wink:

you had me at Mini-Golf Championship!

have fun Ohana!
Looks like this is gonna be a BLAST!

V

On 2009-09-14 08:45, Bargoyle wrote:

ppss. For those brave souls who are either still up from Friday night, or are VERY early risers..... there will be a second show performed by Waitiki on Saturday Morning....EARLY!!!

Breakfast with Waitiki....8am!!! You can sleep AFTER Ohana is over! :wink:

Great ! we, the jetlagged will have a good reason to get out of the bedroom.

Can't wait for this!!!

Also can't wait to have virani play with my band!!!

See you soon!

I've been informed that there is at least ONE room available for Ohana at the Tiki Resort.

If you want it, call now & reserve!! then you can cancel your reservation at the Holiday Inn (or wherever you're staying)

Got it, thanks so much Sully!

B

i thought you already were at the Tiki!! glad you got it. see you this weekend!

whens the bellyflop contest, and the naked elvis Karaoke?

On 2009-09-14 14:28, jpmartdog wrote:

Call me a party pooper, but hopefully those are happening wherever I am not. :)

C

On 2009-09-14 14:28, jpmartdog wrote:

I think I heard that it's in your room, Jon :wink:
The only question is whether it is before or after the fabulous vintage TV film fest :D

I'm still carving some brand new pieces just for Ohana this weekend!

Right up to the wire... I'll be painting again tonight!

Then it all gets packed up and I head out for Lake George!

I'll be all set up for Friday night's festivities and again for Saturday's events.

I'll still be lurking around all day Sunday for those last minute gets too!

But I encourage you to stop by early for best selection... over 70 pieces coming to Ohana!

PNG, Hawaiian Islands, Marquesan Islands, Cook Islands, Caroline Islands and Polynesian Pop Inspired carvings.

See you at The Lake!

The little lady and I are chomping at the bit to head up to the lake! This is our first "real" Tiki event and we are psyched!
After reading the latest email, our excitement level has doubled! (if that's possible) :wink: We're stunned with anticipation!

Yes your right - perhaps the naked elvis bellyflop contest should 'stay in vegas', but that said
There will be a bevy of vintage television shows in their 16mm glory, for your viewing pleasure, in my room or if the weather permits - outdoors... drive-in style!

OHANA- VINTAGE TELEVISION 16MM FILM FESTIVAL

Hawaiian Eye - Kakua Woman - with original commercials inserted
Hawaiian Eye - I wed three wives
Batman - Surfs Up, Jokers Down!
Brady Bunch - Hawaii Bound
The Shriners Aloha Chapter 1955 Vacation in Hawaii
Harry Owens - Polynesian Holiday - (yes companion film to the LP)
and tons more.... Hawaii 5-0, Fantasy Island, Enchanted Island the movie!
Lost In Space-'Platinum touch', Star Trek- 'Trouble with Tribbles', All three Creatures from the BL, Flipper - 'The Creature', Mod Squad

Don't know when they will play - but if there is an episode you want to see - then just ask!

Online at
http://www.jonmooers.com
http://www.exoticislandartstudio.com

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2009-09-14 21:34 ]

Dustin and I are SUPER excited to see all the NY tiki folks. I can't believe its this week... I think I just peed a little.

On 2009-09-14 21:29, jpmartdog wrote:
Yes your right - perhaps the naked elvis bellyflop contest should 'stay in vegas', but that said
There will be a bevy of vintage television shows in their 16mm glory, for your viewing pleasure, in my room or if the weather permits - outdoors... drive-in style!

OHANA- VINTAGE TELEVISION 16MM FILM FESTIVAL

Hawaiian Eye - Kakua Woman - with original commercials inserted
Hawaiian Eye - I wed three wives
Batman - Surfs Up, Jokers Down!
Brady Bunch - Hawaii Bound
The Shriners Aloha Chapter 1955 Vacation in Hawaii
Harry Owens - Polynesian Holiday - (yes companion film to the LP)
and tons more.... Hawaii 5-0, Fantasy Island, Enchanted Island the movie!
Lost In Space-'Platinum touch', Star Trek- 'Trouble with Tribbles', All three Creatures from the BL, Flipper - 'The Creature', Mod Squad

Man, this is just what I need, about 3am! Just like the good ol' analog TV signal days.

Don't know when they will play - but if there is an episode you want to see - then just ask!

Online at
http://www.jonmooers.com
http://www.exoticislandartstudio.com

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2009-09-14 21:34 ]

WOW jpmartdog, that is incredible news!!!

T

So that's it then? NO SLEEP at the Luaua, Friday night? Good thing Mom and Dad won't be there. :wink:

[ Edited by: tabuzak 2009-09-15 08:46 ]

S

Who can sleep when Hawaiian Eye is on?

So excited about your reels, Jon- you're a rockstar! See you at the Lake!

Suzanne

movies on the shade - tasty drinks and good peoples! not a bad LG scene! JP looking forward to hanging again with youz! I'll have Dr frankentiki with me too!

B

i think at least one more room is free at the tiki for anyone who wants to stay there instead of across the street. call now!!

Don't forget that the WAITIKI Classic Quartet will be playing on Friday night! Woo-hoo! Let's sacrifice some watermelons!!!!

I definitely foresee watermelon sacrifices in our future. And perhaps a visit from everyone's favorite Sumo? We can only hope.

It's so close, I can just about taste it! Ohana that is, not Sumitori Superman.

T

On 2009-09-16 11:19, Professor Pineapple wrote:
It's so close, I can just about taste it! Ohana that is, not Sumitori Superman.

"Hit the road to Dreamlan-n-n-n-d!"..........

K

Can't wait to see all the ohana! Both old friends and new faces!
Thanks to Sully for this big shindig in the Northeast.

Cheers!

Packed and ready and can't wait.

I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa to come down the fire escape. (we didn't have a fire place when I was a kid)

How early can I get to the airport?

Paintings for Ohana - Luau at the Lake, Lake George NY.
6 paintings I'm bringing to Ohana - "Tahitian Harbor","Elvis - Blue Hawaii","Sunset Swim","Pele - Godess of fire","Creature fromt he Black Lagoon","Polynesian woman on the beach".

I'm actually bringing 10 original paintings, all together - you can see them all in the vending area at Ohana

Jon - those paintings are amazing. I can't wait to see those in person and finally meet you.

Looking forward to my first Tiki event other than my own...aside from the London Luau of course - this is my first in the USA!

On 2009-09-16 19:22, jpmartdog wrote:
6 paintings I'm bringing to Ohana

They're all amazing, but I especially love the Gill Man!

Thanks Tiki K - looking forward to meeting you also! It is going to be a wonderful weekend!
Kelly - you've got to watch the Flipper episode i'm bringing - where lil' flipper gets tangled up with a hollywood production of a "gill man" movie!

That sounds cool! Used to watch Flipper as a kid in Germany. And I was a big Jack Arnold/Amazon Creature fan. Would remember if I ever saw THAT Flipper episode.

GAH! I'm dieing I can't make it this year! SOB!

Have fun kids!
:)

Everyone is leaving from Florida now, we are all excited. Some are already scattered in New York and Jersey waiting to drive tomorrow. Can't wait - hours now!!

Mr cheeky half is on his way!! Please take good care of him out there and return him in somewhat usable condition :wink:

Please allow me to lament (FOR THE LAST TIME) how sad I am that I can't be there. My tickets were bought, room reservation made... then, a new TV show job was offered to me. So guess what choice I had to make? Yes, I know. Many of you are saying, "What?! Are you insane? You chose actual paying work over a momentous Tiki party in New York?!" Sigh. Yes, I had to. But I can't wait to hear all about this event, not only on Tiki Central, but also from my friends who are making the trek to Lake George. So, from Warner Brother's soundstage 24, I raise my Tiki mug to all you lucky cats. Much aloha and have a great time!

K

[i]
Looking forward to my first Tiki event other than my own...aside from the London Luau of course - this is my first in the USA!

Start saving now - Tiki Oasis 10th anniversary in 2010!

I'm up way earlier than I should be. Can't sleep from the excitement. It's like Christmas, only with fruity rum drinks!
It's the first tiki event for my hubby and I and we can't wait!

5 more hours of work, then Jill & I, a fez and a bottle of Ron Zacapa are headed north!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Sep 18, 2009 7:17 AM

Have a great time everybody!

Wish I could be with you this weekend

Looking forward to pics next week :wink:

OGR

You are going to have a blast! I am jealous as I used to live in that neck of the woods. My wife and I leased and operated the Bolton Service Diner (a stunning 1946 Worcester Dining Car #791) in Bolton Landing further up on Lake George. Now a seasonal Coffee Shop. If you venture out in town I have a few recommendations....The Garrison Bar and Lounge for an affordable and friendly (since 1956) experience....1 of the only 3 (WTF!) Howard Johnson's Restaurants left in the country (Lake Placid, NY and Bangor, Maine are the other 2) and the oldest, as it opened in 1953....and in South Glens Falls, Jake's Round-Up for a funky drinking and dining experience. Tell Chef El (1 of the owners) if he is there that Chris from the Bolton Diner sent you and says hello. I know this is late info, but enjoy!

pics anyone pics?

Lots and Lots of Pix!

Here...
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8264

and here....
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33983&forum=4&14

There are lots more all over Facebook and Flickr.

The Biggest Mahalo possible to Bargoyle and his team as well as the Fraternal Order of Moai for putting together the best Tiki event EVER!!! (that sounds better if you use your best Kennedy accent)

I got to hang with a bunch of old friends, I got to meet a bunch of new friends, I got to drink into the wee chilly hours of the night, all in a place that time forgot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies