Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies

T

When's the next one? I'm starting to sober up and missing the 3am Calls of the Conch already.

next week.

At your place.

3am conch blowing contest.

EVERY night.

Then we're gonna start construction outside your window at 6am every day. :wink: lol

T

On 2009-09-23 12:45, Bargoyle wrote:
next week.

At your place.

3am conch blowing contest.

EVERY night.

Then we're gonna start construction outside your window at 6am every day. :wink: lol

Awesome, it'll be Ohana every night and Hukilau every day.

On 2009-09-23 13:08, Turbogod wrote:
Awesome, it'll be Ohana every night and Hukilau every day.

And Oasis every early evening?

Sign me up!!

Does anyone know if I can still purchase the Ohana event poster? Meant to get one, had several chances, regret not buying one.
We had a FANTASTIC time by the way, can't wait till next time!

You can PM JPMartdog. If he can't sell you one directly he can tell you how to get them. He designed them.

Ah, thank you very much!

Also, keep your eye on the OHANA web site, as there may be a link there for buying official Ohana products soon!

Yes thats right!! Perhaps by Monday we will have the OHANA event store 'open for business'. Lucky buyers can purchase souvenir OHANA merchandise with easy and safe Paypal links! All merchandise is of very limited supplies - so don't snooze, cuz you may lose... out on these way cool items.

P

Will there be a 4 hour DVD of the black and white burlesque stuff you were showing?
Cuz I want one.

Here's an article that briefly mentions Ohana from my buddy Dave's column the Globe and Mail in Toronto... (Dave and his wife Shauntelle accompanied Bettiki and me to Lake George): http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/fond-memories-of-rec-rooms-past/article1300306/

John in Montreal
http://www.maitaionline.com
http://www.signbasedeating.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: John in Montreal 2009-09-26 20:28 ]

I had such a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped pull this off and please continue. Sorry it has taken me so long to post some photos, this is actually a very small portion - I'll be adding more as the week progresses.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiki_kiliki - Sven, take a look at the paintings I posted, you can see them better on my Facebook page.

Things that really made the weekend:

*Being able to say hello and spend time with many friends and meeting new ones

*The Waitiki 7 performance

*Sitting with Duda, Virani and Jochen during the dinner show

*The Mystery Bowl given by Sully

*The great moment when Suzanne Long sang along with Brian from the Fisherman while he played the Conch shell

*Pablus onstage in the Paradise Lounge

*The amazing creations of everyone that participated in the Room Crawl

*That amazing resort!!

I'm so glad you got to attend a festival, Kiliki, where you didn't have to bust yer ass every singe minute!

You MORE than deserve a relaxing tiki vacation :) :)

When's the next event?
My liver's dried out, now.
I can go again.

S

:D :D :D :D

hehehe. Thanks Christie!

I had a blast. Ohana was amazing... one of the best tiki events I've been to in years. I had a hands down fantastic time. So glad I was able to get there! I miss all of you already!

Suzanne

HC

It's been too long ....But a thousand mahalo's to all who made this fantastic event happen...Deb and I had such a fine time and the spirt of aloha will flourish and grow within us all as a result of such events...the bargoyle is my choice for chief of the north east ohana...vote for him ... he has little to hide!!...(or maybe a lot?) I would have posted sooner but we're in the middle of moving homes and shop...all the events/rooms/acts were well paced. Thanks to the loving efforts and expense in making this magic happen. Please note that I ment no disrespect by not being at every happening ...was having a rare and well earned hangover and NEVER expected to be getting a Tiki for our cocktail....I promise to get you all a sample of "Fire in the Dole" at the next event...a humble thank you from Tiki Trainer and myself.

On 2009-10-01 10:33, Hula Cat wrote:...was having a rare and well earned hangover and NEVER expected to be getting a Tiki for our cocktail....I promise to get you all a sample of "Fire in the Dole" at the next event...a humble thank you from Tiki Trainer and myself.

Hula Cat, hope you enjoy your "George" Best Drink Trophy!

Lovingly hand carved by yours truly!

Congratulations!

B

Hey Folks,

Just a heads up.

We had a few things left over from Ohana, and I just got around to unpacking the car & going through it all, and we're now ready to sell it off!!!

You can check it out at : http://www.luauatthelake.com/ohanastore.html

So, if you couldn't make it to Ohana this year, but thought to yourself "Golly, that Ohana event merchandise sure looks swell! I wish I could buy some of it" , well then, now is your chance.

Even if you WERE with us, but you didn't get a poster or mug or whatever 'cause you didn't want to travel with it, or you need another Ohana mag 'cause you spilled a Mai Tai all over the one you got with your swag, we've got some left.

We have only a VERY limited amount of George Packs (about 30) so if you want in on one of those, move FAST!!

As always, we thank you for your continued support, and we'll see ya at the Lake in 2010 (details SOON).

C
croe67 posted on Sat, Oct 3, 2009 9:32 AM

AND......Don't forget that 1/2 of the purchase price of your OHANA merchandise goes to Charity!

So....not only do you get a really cool mug, pendant poster and/or magazine, you ALSO feel good helping out the Easter Island Foundation who supports the people of Polynesia & Rapa Nui (www.islandheritage.org) :D

HC

Thank you Lake Surfer, The tiki is a favorite of ours and may be featured in a local article about the event. Vermont is slowly becoming aware of how cool,hip and fun we ohana have it! Can war canoe races on the river be far away?....

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 9:28 AM

For all of you who missed OHANA Luau at the Lake, you can read an overview of the event, with some more pictures from the weekend HERE:

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/

And, for those of you who were able to join us for OHANA, you can re-live some of those happy times just a bit, too :wink:

D
dcman posted on Tue, Oct 6, 2009 4:11 PM

Did anyone get the name of the soup they served at the dinner show? Damn that was good!

dcman

I think it was a chicken curry soup.

Mmm, that was tasty. But I thought everything was good. I've been on a Spam kick for the last 2 weeks!

and I wish you'd stop it with those e-mails.

K

Ohana Magazine is the bomb. I'm still finding cool stuff in there, and I've been through it like five times.

B

On 2009-10-07 09:57, kristiki wrote:
Ohana Magazine is the bomb. I'm still finding cool stuff in there, and I've been through it like five times.

I'm sure yours is all marked up with red pen marks. Sorry about the typos folks. Self-published and self-printed in 24 hours, we didnt have enough time to proof read. Next years will be grammatically perfect, I promise.

T

On 2009-10-08 11:29, Bargoyle wrote:

On 2009-10-07 09:57, kristiki wrote:

I'm sure yours is all marked up with red pen marks. Sorry about the typos folks. Self-published and self-printed in 24 hours, we didnt have enough time to proof read. Next years will be grammatically perfect, I promise.

Hah, I got my brakes fixed the weekend after Ohana and took the mag to read while I was waiting. I figured you did most of them to mess with us.....

Pappy, please post the answers to the typo hunt.

Ok, for those who didnt get the email blast today, we've got the Feedback Questionnaire posted.

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/feedback.html

I know, its on the NeTT site, not the Ohana site, but dont be confused.

Please take a couple of minutes to fill it out and help us make next year even better.

Its completely anonymous, so be honest. You wont hurt our feelings. If something sucked, we need to know about it to fix it.

We're already planning for next year, so the sooner you can give us your feedback, the better.

Mahalo!!!

Here's a video of Bamboo Saxotica featuring Jimmy Virani on the theremin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xCBjCoCC30

Cool, thanks for that vid!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies