Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

and CLOSED! - Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 195 replies

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 12:08 AM

**The Art is posted, it starts on Page 8;

We'll leave it all hanging on the wall and check PMs until December 22nd.**

Presenting the first ever Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show and PARTY!

To give everybody the best deals on Earth, we’re cutting out the gallery owner and slashing prices for the holidays. I’ve invited Tiki Artists from all over to post just a few items here on TC starting in one week, all at exactly the same time.

Finally, good folks from faraway lands like Chongolio, TikiRacer and Heather Watts can all join in on an Art Event without leaving the comfort and safety of their own huts.

There’ll be an Opening Reception Parties, too, talking place in everybody’s studios. We’ll post pictures, whoop it up, all over the world at the same time, starting at…

Monday, December 15th
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm!
U.S.A. Pacific Time

• Cammo & The Gang (AKA the Holiday Hooligans)

Online Art Show; Trademark by Cam MacMillan December 2008.

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-12-14 06:03 ]

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-12-14 17:06 ]

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-12-16 10:20 ]

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-12-22 09:17 ]

[ Edited by: cammo 2008-12-22 18:31 ]

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 5:49 AM

GREAT IDEA CAMMO! This should be tons-o-fun! :)

Not sure how long this show is going to run, but it looks like there will be plenty of time to ship works before the Holiday.

Time to get busy...I need to ear snap a couple of elves out in my studio.

hohohoHOOO!

T

This looks great fun, we're working on a live web feed from the bar. We'll also show the pieces up for auction on the same cast...

The 2 pieces have not been seen before, plus a bonus secret christmas special too.

More news soon...

I'm gonna bus' out two new drawings or paintings this week
JUST for this event!
If there's anything special you'd like to ask about on my regular thread
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=1620&1626
PM me and i can get it to you before the Holidays!
Jingle! Jingle!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 9:20 AM

Some late joiners – we’ll now be showing…

Babalu
BigToe
Bowana
Cammo
Chongolio
Heather Watts
Lake Surfer
Little Lost Tiki
Mad Dog Mike
Sophista-Tiki
Tikiracer
TikiThomas
TikiTony

Chongo, Lake Surfer and Sir TikiRacerX are all especially jazzed about this, they’re busy making stuff right now.

The cool thing is that they can make stuff right up to the 9:00 pm deadline and post it at literally the last second!

Again, we’re only allowing artists to post 1 or 2 works, and ONE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS ITEM that we’ll talk about later!

WoooooHoooooo! I get to host an Opening Reception Party (for my wife and I) in my "studio" :lol:

D

What a great idea. I'm there!!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 3:11 PM

Two more joiners -

Alohastation

and

BUZZY!

Station's immaculate work is perfect for the holidays, and Buzz is putting together some sort of extreme super-secret theme package....

C

This should be a hoot I just have to pray for a steady internet connection for the evening. I hope to have my web cam rolling as well.

I'm heading to the studio right now to begin work on one brand new item and a pair of great new carvings just for this special event!

Spent last night brainstorming and just picked up the wood this evening!

Let the wood chips fly!

This weekend I have to stock up on a few items for the bar for all the great online guests who will be stopping by.

I'll have fresh mint on hand! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you all Monday night at the opening!!!!

Oooh... how exciting... A tiki-art-extravaganza that is geographically neutral! I really haven't been living up to my Tiki Central name recently... I've been more like "Stationary Tiki" since August... But it's because Mike & I are going to Australia for a month in January so I gotta save every penny for that! (hint hint...) :wink:

Anyway, now that all my big projects are done I'm going to blast out something entirely new for the 15th. I haven't decided yet if it will be a small velvet piece or if I'll push my luck in the 3rd dimension of tiki, which I've been experimenting with recently. Maybe one of each!

Heather

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2008 3:21 PM

Aloha All!

Okay, okay, okay, everybody has been PMing me about the late times, so I'm changing them.

• The new Online Art Show times are - - - -

6:00pm to 9:00 pm USA Pacific Time!

And, Tobunga (AKA Eric October) is joining us. Eric's a great guy and does work just gushing in Classique Tikiness, which is pretty cool cause he looks like he's about 22 and grew up after the Police were old news...

Bugger - I've got to get up even earlier now!

Not sure how many other tiki uk fans I'll be able to drag out of bed...

Quit being such a dork with the 6 to 9 pm crap Cammo!
This is WORLDWIDE!
May i suggest 4pm to Midnight Pacific Time?
That way,there's an 8 hour spread for all to enjoy
and gawk at the work...
just a suggestion!
Almost done with my first piece for the show!
YEEEEEEE!
How come Chongolio gets to be Santa on the Flyer?

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-12-10 09:45 ]

i heard Jeff BigTikiDude won't be able to make it....
:lol:

On 2008-12-10 09:42, little lost tiki wrote:

cuz I gots mad reindeer driving skillz brah. Unfortunately I am down wind of all y'all

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Barefoot Bloggin'

On 2008-12-10 11:17, Chongolio wrote:

On 2008-12-10 09:42, little lost tiki wrote:

cuz I gots mad reindeer driving skillz brah. Unfortunately I am down wind of all y'all

Unless your the lead Reindeer, the view never changes...

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 2:51 PM

*"How come Chongolio gets to be Santa on the Flyer?" *

Cause he looks the most like Santa! Well, kind of like a skinny beatnik Shaggy Santa.

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 2:56 PM

"May i suggest 4pm to Midnight Pacific Time?"

No, you may not suggest!!!!! And try capitalizing your "I" from now on too! This here is a classy thread!

It's 6:00pm-9:00pm, Monday December the 15th!

What, are you lost or something????

On 2008-12-10 14:56, Cammo wrote:
"May i suggest 4pm to Midnight Pacific Time?"
No, you may not suggest!!!!! And try capitalizing your "I" from now on too! This here is a classy thread!
It's 6:00pm-9:00pm, Monday December the 15th!
What, are you lost or something????

you Sir, are the one who appears lost....
Lost in a California-centric bubble
and totally shutting the "International"
out a World-Wide Art Show.....
So.....
after 3 hours we have to take our posts down?
I won't even be done scanning my work by then!

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 5:58 PM

Since Little Lost Kennie is a little lost these days, I'll explain everything really slowly.

Select artists will be posting 1 or 2 items,
plus ONE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS ITEM
on Monday December the 15th, between 6:00pm and 9:00 pm.

That's it!

If you want to get something you see, just PM the artist. Arrange payment with them. The items will be small enough to ship easily; none of these are 300 lb. Tikis!

We'll leave the thread active and keep checking our PMs regularly for one week after, until Monday December 22nd. After that day we can't ensure that we can ship the work to you by Christmas.

Any questions? Kennie, put your hand down! And is that gum I see you chewing? What is that you're drawing all over your desk!

T

YAY! I'm glad to be a part of this! Mahalo Cammo for setting up this cool event!
So what time will it take place in the UK?

Well, got to get to work... my tikis aren't going to create themselves...

Oh wait, according to my signature they will...

The UK time will be from 2am - 5am. I'm my own boss, so normally I could just go back to bed, but on the Tuesday I need to go to a big meeting, so I might need to limited the time I spend. Plus not sure if I'll convince some mates to 'pop' round for a drink and a chance to look dopey on the webcam. This is a fun project so I'll be there. Might have to make mine a coffee grog!

Piece number one (actually a pair) is just about finished!

Carving wrapped up Wednesday night and now I'm putting the finishing touches on them.

Piece number two is coming along great, nearly half done with a ton of tattoo to do yet.

This guy will be a beauty when finished!

if trader vics is open on the 15th like they say it will be.....i'll be swimming in maitai's about the same time you are posting the auction....

...priorities, you know....

I'm offering something from the archives and a new piece. Don't have a whole lot of time to finish the new piece because I'm heading out of town this weekend. The piece is looking pretty good - it will be done! If anyone wants to get together in Orlando, I am taking the kids to Disney and SeawWorld for a little/lot theme park Xmas. My wife is actually singing at Epcot on Sunday. Monday is going to be a long day.

W

"You Sir, are the one who appears lost....
Lost in a California-centric bubble..."
-little lost tiki-

The Pacific Time Zone is "California-centric"? What a Californian thing to say.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 11, 2008 8:32 AM

My two just popped out of Babalu's kiln, and they look NICE.

One is something I don't think has ever been done on TC before, even though its a pretty basic concept, and it uses a new glazing style I invented called...

"TapaTint Technology" !

B

On 2008-12-11 08:32, Cammo wrote:

new glazing style I invented called..."TapaTint Technology" !

Woofmutt barks...

"You Sir, are the one who appears lost....
Lost in a California-centric bubble..." -little lost tiki-
The Pacific Time Zone is "California-centric"?
What a Californian thing to say.

Tooooootally Woofs!
Cali is where it's at...
the Pacific NorthWest?
Bah! Humbug!
Stay Cool up there! :lol:
Later,Bra!
:)

Just got the firstpiece,a 14 1/4 x 20" drawing for this show almost done...
it involves a Moai King,his entourage,and an eclipse....

still gotta do that second piece...
and maybe woodburn up an ornament or somethin...
as for a reception...
maybe I'll just burn one in the studio that night
and avoid the computer after posting....
funner than having to read Cammo's spazzy posts!

Im putting the finishing touches on both of my paintings today. I did my christmas flavored offerings last week. back to the studio! its so dark here that sitting at my desk under the full spectrum bulbs is the best place to be. Better go to the lickum store so I can have a crotchtail during the online reception. translations lickum =(liquer), crothtail =(cocktail)

C

*"Lost in a California-centric bubble..." -little lost tiki-

"Cali is where it's at..." -little lost tiki- *

Please, don't explain this to me!

OUT OF THE LOOP,AS USUAL,CAMS!
SHAKA-BRA!

Got an idea for a one-of-a-kind piece when I was cleaning through my jumbled studio and came across a thrift-store find I've been meaning to do something creative with.

What could it be????

I'm not telling--You'll have to wait till show day to find out! And if it doesn't work out, you can all watch me go down in flames right here! Yay!

:wink:

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 11, 2008 4:15 PM

There is, Mr. and Mrs. Shopper!

The Online Tiki Art Sale, Monday December the 15th, 6 - 9:00 pm right here on this thread!

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Look at her expression, she's so cute!)

She only has weapons
and no money
to buy things....
is she going to beat us up
and steal our wares?
Do we get paid in weapons?
Huh?

What exactly is this trying to say,Cammo?

I'm confused....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-12-11 16:31 ]

LLT- Ouch! Cant we all just get a bong!

I will be in the studio all weekend drinkin coffee, listening to tunes, workin on my new two and a Christmas doo-dad as well. I am also gonna see if the phantom wifi signal will allow me to broadcast a video stream.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 11, 2008 5:41 PM

"Cant we all just get a bong!"

This approach has been officially approved for action!

What's up with LLT? He thinks this is one of those Tonga Hut threads.

It ain't.

You should see what Babalu is currently cooking in the kiln, HOLY COCONUTIO.

I just pulled my piece out of the kiln and it's SMOKIN'!! Wait, that's my hands smoking, I was supposed to let it cool before I pulled it out :o

Just put the finishing touches on my second piece tonight!

It is a very moody piece, and a brand new concept for me!

Never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait for the weekend to be over!

I've got lots of time for my special extra piece now, another cool concept if I can pull it off!

Watching Polyurethane Dry!!

C

**Update! **

So I'll let everybody on to one of the suprises now, it's been mentioned and hinted at anyway...

Each artist is being asked to make a Custom Christmas Ornament!

The ornaments range from small and lightweight to big and seriously complicated. I have only seen a few and so far I WANT THEM ALL. (Mine looks kind of cool, too.)

Anyway, thanks everybody for doing a great job!

I want this thing for a tree ornament!

C

I though that WAS his ornament! Isn't it covered in poly????

The trade winds are aligning and my thrift-store-find-alteration-project (let's call it "tiki vandalism" for now) is setting sail in good order (so far.) I'm still in the early stages and am actually a little worried I'm going overboard with the amount of work I'm putting into it, but I'm past the point of no return.

And if you think you're going to get any clues out of me as to what it is, you better read between the lines!

On 2008-12-12 10:22, AlohaStation wrote:

What the hell is that thing!!??

Both my paintings are done and ready to photograph.

Just finished my special christmas decoration - kinda fragile but should mail fine, I've got a big box and lots of packing...

Does sound that mine might be on the same course as Heathers...

Captured some pictures of my pieces last night... had to play around with shutter speeds to capture the essence of the one.

After much brainstorming, I was able to come up with a neat design for my ornament finally.

The pieces are in front of me, I just have to carve and assemble it all, and hope it works the way I want it to!

The final result is only 2 days away!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 195 replies