Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

and CLOSED! - Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 195 replies

Decided I didn't want to be left out of the Ornament deal so I started on a simple one today. Force dry and bisque today, glaze fire tomorrow, post Monday :)

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Dec 13, 2008 4:33 PM

Babalu is firing the oven up right now, but almost everything in the kiln is BUZZY's! I don't know how that guy does it!

Anyway, Buzzy may post pics of our glaze-a-thon today....

Does it feel like Christmas yet?!?!

On 2008-12-13 16:33, Cammo wrote:

Anyway, Buzzy may post pics of our glaze-a-thon today....

Me and Bablalu got back in the studio "early" this morning after a late night there last night, and once we got started, it was like we never left!

Today, we were joined by Bowana and Cammo, and were trying to get all our stuff ready by the 2pm deadline. Here's a shot of one of the many busy tiki making facilities around the world today getting ready for this historical event:

We cannot show the actual pieces that are in the show yet, but here are some of the artists busy at play,errr....work that is.

Babalu spent a LOT of time glazing this piece:

Bowana dots the i's and crosses all the t's on this piece.

This piece was even more spectacular:

Notice all the fine details in this closeup:

Bowana said these glasses are xray glasses too.

Here, Cammo and Bowana argue art history and theory:

Cammo utilizing a ceramic process never seen before:

Still using the never seen before technique, still not seen here:

Hopefully they got it all done in time and the kiln gods are smiling on our work.

I'll be there first thing in the morning tomorrow to photo document the stuff coming out of the kiln.

C-ya!
Buzzy Out!

one of my pieces is almost done, its christmasy...sorta

"We cannot show the actual pieces that are in the show yet..."

I was sitting at the computer literally laughing out loud!
Reaffirmed my family's belief that I have lost my marbles

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 6:02 AM

Actually, everybody just sat around talking about Led Zeppelin the whole time!

And yes, that light on Bowana is built right into his forehead so he can aim it Borg-like at anything he's interested in...

EEEEEE!!! im running right up to the deadline to finish up my second painting. Ive started over 3 times cause the first 2 werent cool enough. so I decided to make the painting twice as big, mch better I will prbably be up all night painting or waiting for paint to dry! Tomorows the big day.

Anyone notice that Buzzy's hands are HUGE????? He even needs potters to give him a Man O Cure. A podiatrist would be scared off but, not Babs or Cam. Feet? Hands? They don't care! They say, "Let's dig in!!" :)

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 5:05 PM

COUNTDOWN!

25 hours!

My 'tiki vandalism' piece worked! No crashing and burning here! There will be an original Heather Watts work of art for sale on here tomorrow--for under $100!

I've got my Christmas idea all worked out but I definitely need some motivation from the tiki gods to sit down and do it tonight. Since shipping will be a lot from Canada in time for Christmas I'm going to throw in some cool freebies with this one!

I'm gonna have to buy one of those bitchin' Hand Mugs. The one Babs is working on looks too big for the kiln.

B

That hand mug was a handful to glaze! :-)

Ok folks,...I'm a very happy camper today! I opened up the kiln this morning to find that this latest firing was a "VERY" nice one for all of us playing over here in my studio.

I really hate to sell some of these....oh well,

TOMORROW!!

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 8:46 PM

My ornament crashed and burned. It's OK, I'll still post it at an appropriate price (like free and I'll pay shipping :lol: )

The tiki gods must be angry. My ornament crashed and burned too! Sadly, a few more hours of fiddling would probably produce something beautiful, but alas it is 2AM and some things just weren't meant to be.

I guess I used up all my tiki mojo on the other art piece... or maybe the tiki gods were angry at my vandalism! That's okay, I'll placate them with some other offerings on here tomorrow.

Signing off till tomorrow night!

Ok - so my 2 art pieces and xmas dec are ready.

Got stickam working. Plan to post my stuff at the start time and then run the webcast for the last hour of the show. I'll post all the details once I'm awake and ready to go.

Plan to do some painting and got some vinyl's that need applying. So not just me talking...

I'll also answer any questions sent by pm.

See you all later...

Here's a sneaky sneak for later...

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 15, 2008 8:24 AM

Where's the website? Is it an online gallery, or just posting on this thread?

I just got back from Epcot. Did I miss anything?

T

Nice abstract Racer.

No, you didn't miss anything and yes, there is an on-line gallery; this thread is it!

I'm sure Cammo will pop in any minute to clear any confusion, but items will be posted here on this thread starting at 6pm Pacific time.

B

This is a shot of the Bird (my grandson) yesterday after he found out I was selling his ornament....He sure had this cat figured out huh :)

B

can we sell live animals in this sale?

L

Question-if you see something you want to buy whats the best way too? JUst shoot the poster a PM and then whoever does that first gets to buy it?

On 2008-12-15 11:50, leleliz wrote:
Question-if you see something you want to buy whats the best way too? JUst shoot the poster a PM and then whoever does that first gets to buy it?

Yes

testing testing, is this thing on.... I'm just testing my photo upload capability since my puter is on its last-legs. I wanna make sure that I'm able to upload my pics in a few hours for the big event!!!
so for now here's a teaser

Oh wait, thats dinner

here's wha I used to make my pieces of art with

tease.....

B

Please tell me those aren't brussel sprouts I see in that bowl in the back! Yikes! Those suckers give me the shivers! LOL

On 2008-12-15 12:51, Sophista-tiki wrote:
testing testing, is this thing on.... I'm just testing my photo upload capability since my puter is on its last-legs. I wanna make sure that I'm able to upload my pics in a few hours for the big event!!!
so for now here's a teaser

Oh wait, thats dinner

here's wha I used to make my pieces of art with

Setting up my webcast now - only for the next 30 mins.

checkout

http://www.stickam.com/tikiracer

My first time with stickam and live webcasting so be nice...
The painting on the easel is not in the show

can't wait to see this, gonna have a cocktail in hand and try to catch the webcasts. What a great idea!
Tikiracer, tried your webcam, hopefully i can view it this evening, got some kind of error message when i tried to view it a couple of minutes ago.
Cheers!
p.s. Tikiracer, it appears to be working now, looking forward to it.

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-12-15 14:59 ]

There does seem to be a few performance issues, but it's free casting so I'm not complaining. Can't seem to get the sound very good so won't to chatting away too much. Catch you later.

LT

Working for me - ICU from SD. Kewl.

LT

On 2008-12-15 10:27, little lost tiki wrote:

For some reason I find this photo disturbing.

WAIT'LL YOU SEE THE 3 HOUR ANNOUNCEMENT! :lol:

LT

Zoinks! Santa has feathers! :drink: :drink: :drink:

AND SOME HAIR OF THE DOG!

On 2008-12-10 09:52, little lost tiki wrote:
i heard Jeff BigTikiDude won't be able to make it....
:lol:

hardy har har,
yeah I am having a surf show web cast that same time.
so I can't do both.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-12-15 14:59, little lost tiki wrote:

this is the creepiest photo EVER!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 195 replies