Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Roll Call: New Year's Eve with Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Kona

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies

The list is growing....... Only 6 more days.... WooHoo!

The following people are in

Tikyaki
Marty the Lush
Soccertiki & WooHooWahine
Hinano_Paul & Mrs. Lurker
GoGo & Dani
Tigerlily
Makedamug
Big Tiki Dude + 7
Joe Banks
Tikigeeki
Tikimango
Kikivon Tiki + 1
CoCoJoe + 1
Iokona + 1
Auburn Hills + 1
Kick the reverb + 1.5
Hiphiphula
TikiG
Pineappleman11 + 1
PiPhiRo
Cyndi Lou & Mark
Tiki Farm Sharon & DJ Lavaflow

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2008-12-25 08:15 ]

update BTD + 7.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

So for the Ocean View, check-in is 3pm. The show starts at 8pm, that's a looong time to go without a mai tai. Any suggestions for a pre-show event? Joe Banks mentioned a mini-room crawl (hint-hint, nudge, nudge). I might be persuaded to bring a couple bottles of something and a mess o' fresh limes.

if there isn't a room crawl, there is always the killer dark tiki bar in the front of Kona.
I will be getting there around 1 pm to help tikiyaki load in and help them with soundcheck, but I am sure there will be lots of down time, so I will prob grab a bite and drink in the bar now and then.
and there is also Taco surf across the street if you want some mexican food, and Tequila before party time.

I'm getting giddy like a little school girl for this event,
more so than X-mas.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Kick the reverb + 1.5

There, I fixed it.

S

1.5! :D

Suzanne

I have to work that day, so I'll probably be getting there around 7:00 and heading for the bar for a pre-show cocktail. Anyone there early, come say hi. Can't miss me, I'll be wearing a red Cheongsam.

On 2008-12-26 19:27, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I have to work that day, so I'll probably be getting there around 7:00 and heading for the bar for a pre-show cocktail. Anyone there early, come say hi. Can't miss me, I'll be wearing a red Cheongsam.

\

I'll prob see ya in there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

WooHooo! The list is growing....... Only 2 more days.... Have you purchased your tickets yet???? Get them ASAP before its too late.

Tikyaki
Marty the Lush
John Paul
GoGo & Dani
Tigerlily
Makedamug
Big Tiki Dude + 7
Joe Banks
Tikigeeki
Tikimango
Kikivon Tiki + 1
CoCoJoe + 1
Iokona + 1
Auburn Hills + 1
Kick the reverb + 1.5
Hiphiphula
TikiG
Pineappleman11 + 1
PiPhiRo
Cyndi Lou & Mark
BeauTiki + Mrs.
Swampfire + Stacey
Digitiki
Tiki Ray & Tikikiniki

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2008-12-29 09:25 ]

T

Cindy and I will be there also .

T

Aloha Folks.

Tix are still available, but not too many...we have alot more sold than are on this list, I can tell ya'.

Good to know that there will be lots of new faces along with our TC Ohana...

You know what that means...More Potential new Tikiphiles ....The Ohana will grow.

If you see an unfamiliar face, extend the Aloha spirit, and tell them about TC.

We have lots of never heard before songs for the set, including songs by the Vanduras and the Blue Hawaiians, new Tikiyaki tunes from our upcoming CD, and other surprises.

Also...rumor has it that there will be some after show room crawls at the 777 Motel.....

Save your energy, this party is looking like it will be one to remember.

Also, there will be a Tikiyaki New year's Day Pancake Breakfast, most likely at the Harbour House....a bunch of are already planning on this.

We're kickin' off 2009 right...Tiki Style !

hoot.

I just heard from a reliable source that over 60% of the presale tickets are sold!

OK Kids, it gets better....
We have DOOR PRIZES !

Everyone who paid admission will be given a raffle ticket and there will be drawing throughout the night to win various prizes.

Here's a List

Tikiyaki Orchestra CD

Tikiyaki Orchestra Hand Carved Wood Pendant

The Eliminators UltraSonic CD

The Eliminators Unleashed CD

2 Jungle Jetsetter New Year's Eve Ball Event 11' x 17' Poster signed by the Tikiyaki Orchestra and the Eliminators

and, the grand Prize...(drum roll pleeze)

The World's Ugliest Tiki Mug. It may be a vintage Mug from the Kon Tiki in Boston, but it's so Hideous, I just can't keep it in my home because the other mugs in the collection are so abusive to this guy...It's So hideous, I just Have to give it away to restore order in my Mug Collection. So this guy will be given away to some "lucky" ticketholder.

There may be some more to come too....

Hey I have one of those tiki mugs and I like it.
but look at me, maybe that explains part of it.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

May be the ugliest mug BUT.... I know I don't have that fire decal edition of the mug..... ugly cool... see all you Kats & Kittens New Years Eve!

WooHooo! The list is growing....... Only 1 more day.... Have you purchased your tickets yet???? Get them ASAP before its too late.

Tikyaki
Marty the Lush
John Paul
GoGo & Dani
Tigerlily
Makedamug
Big Tiki Dude + 7
Joe Banks
Tikigeeki
Tikimango
Kikivon Tiki + 1
CoCoJoe + 1
Iokona + 1
Auburn Hills + 1
Kick the reverb + 1.5
Hiphiphula
TikiG
Pineappleman11 + 1
PiPhiRo
Cyndi Lou & Mark
BeauTiki + Mrs.
Swampfire + Stacey
Digitiki
Tiki Ray & Tikikiniki
Honuboy311 +1

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2008-12-30 17:23 ]

JB

Digitiki and Marty Lush at the same event? This I gotta see!

On 2008-12-30 09:29, Joe Banks wrote:

I've seen the two of them in the same room together ... it gets ugly after a few mai tai's.

On 2008-12-30 10:16, Swamp Fire wrote:

On 2008-12-30 09:29, Joe Banks wrote:

I've seen the two of them in the same room together ... it gets ugly after a few mai tai's.

ha ha ha,

Just so you all know. Ticket Sales will end at 12:00 Midnight Tonight (Tuesday)

so nobody knows me but I will be there with my girlfriend and we will probably get a room at the oceanview. looking forward to a night of fun and new friends.

WooHoo! Let the countdown begin..........

These two door prizes alone are worth the price of admission.

S

I'd like to see that too... what an evening! I'm not sure which one you'd want to have breakfast with in the morning...

Suzanne

for those staying at the Motels Near Kona, and wanting to join us for Breakfast the next morning at The Harbor House next to Turcs, diagonal from
where Kona is.

as for breakfast at Harbor House the next morning.
they will be open,
they said that they will be busy, and
its best if we can call ahead that morning.
and let them how many and what time we will be there.
I said prob 20 ish, at 11 am ish.
she said thanks, but to call thurs. morning.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

SK

It came down to the wire but my wife and I got tickets yesterday. Once again we'll be making that epic trek from San Diego to HB.

I'm so excited for this show and look forward to saying hello to everybody. We won't be able to make breakfast the following day. The plan is to sneak a surf in before heading south for the rest of the winter.

Although, I'll most likely be occupied with a sweet hangover most of the day.

Ahh the life!

WoooHooo! Tonights the Night. Looking forward to seeing Everyone and all the "Lurkers" who haven't posted :)

The following people are in:

Tikyaki
Marty the Lush
John Paul
GoGo & Dani
Tigerlily
Makedamug
Big Tiki Dude + 7
Joe Banks
Tikigeeki
Tikimango
Kikivon Tiki + 1
CoCoJoe + 1
Iokona + 1
Auburn Hills + 1
Kick the reverb + 1.5
Hiphiphula
TikiG
Pineappleman11 + 1
PiPhiRo
Cyndi Lou & Mark
BeauTiki + Mrs.
Swampfire + Stacey
Digitiki
Tiki Ray & Tikikiniki
Honuboy311 +1
SofaKing +1

Aloha!

Looking forward to tonight and meeting everyone.

P.S. I'm the tall guy with the exotic
jungle tiger girl! Stop by and say aloha!

Mahalo!

http://www.fluffshop.com

GT

Looking forward to tonights show, Jim said it would be cool to offer up something for the raffle, It's a Go Tiki swizzle stick holder, The Swizzler! Keep your swizzle sticks and other goodies nice and tidy on your tiki bar, Thank You Jim, Mahalo! Gogo

I am completely bummed, but I am not going to make this party. :( I was really looking forward to spending time with you all ~ but I am REALLY sick. So I'm sure you'll all be glad that I decided not to share this mean-ass virus with you. Hope you all have fun and I will see you at the next one.
Crying in my Theraflu,
Kiki v.

Bullshit Kiki, eat some Airborne and vitamin C's and get yourself there . They make a mean Nyquil Zombie I here .
Gogo , that box RAWKS !

GoGo-NICE BOX!!!

On 2008-12-31 12:42, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Bullshit Kiki, eat some Airborne and vitamin C's and get yourself there . They make a mean Nyquil Zombie I here .

Ah, man! Maybe I'll take a nap and see how I feel in a couple of hours. Yeah, that's what I need, a nyquil zombie and then "goodnight, nurse!". :wink:
x's and o's to you and TikiKinniki, Tiki-Ray!

Aloha & WooHoo - The SoccerTiki Grotto will be open this afternoon after 4:30pm to anyone who would like to stop by for some refreshments before going to Kona. Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-01-01 09:43 ]

It's very foggy in the entire coastal area surrounding Kona. Leave early. Drive safely.

[ Edited by: Eliminators 2008-12-31 16:15 ]

Have fun... post pictures!

See you all there...!!!!
Just kidding... It's already 2009 here in Oz so I have already missed it...
Happy New Year everyone, wish I was there!

JB

Preparing to open the gates.

Marty Lush (...that swank bastard).

Tribute to Soccertiki.

...two minutes 'til midnight

Joe Banks and Tikiyaki.

Gary and Tikiyaki Tiki.

Attack of the Giant Doug.

Well...somebody had to take it.

Waiting for our table for the Tikiyaki Pancake Breakfast.

Tiki Mango, keepin' his breakfast down.

Congratulations to Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo Wahine!!! The engagement surprised everyone ~ what a great night! I'm loading pix to post!

SF

More pics

Stacey, JonPaul & Tiki

Go Tiki & Stacey

Doug (Swamp Fire) & Derek (monkeyman)

Stacey jumps in

Crazy Eyes!

Stacey & Kelly (hiphipahula)

Table antics

Kirby looking for something to carve.

Jeff (bigtikidude) rest'n after a long night.

Country Bear Jamboree!

JonPaul goes solo. JonPaul Bear Jamboree.

Tears of joy that Kinny joined the party.

Stopped by Ken Ruzics studio new years day.
My how he has grown.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-01-01 17:31 ]

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-01-01 17:40 ]

JB
T

I had a great time! It was great meeting so many new people. Here's a few more pictures.

GT

Thanks All, For A Great Time! A Treat to see Tikiyaki and the Eliminators , Very nice show all, I only had one picture that turned out, Bummer! Doug Horne-Stacey-Dani-Cyndi Lou- Myself :) Gogo

Congratulations my friends Chris and Karen!

Nice To See Ya! TikiMango

Congrats Chris & Karen!!! Hugs! I am so excited for you! Wahda rock too!

GREAT times Tikiyaki Orch. Thank You Jim & the guys, Soccer, Whoohoo, Tigerlily, Paul & Mrs. Lurker & everyone for making sure we all had a good time. That was a blast! Gogo & Dani A Trillion Thanks!! I loved being your designated driver & camping out with ya in H.B. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 Everyone!

On 2008-12-31 12:34, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I am completely bummed, but I am not going to make this party. :( I was really looking forward to spending time with you all ~ but I am REALLY sick. So I'm sure you'll all be glad that I decided not to share this mean-ass virus with you. Hope you all have fun and I will see you at the next one.
Crying in my Theraflu,
Kiki v.

Kiki Von Tiki,
very bummed to hear that you were sick and could not make it.
and i had my dancing shoes on.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Big Tiki Dude thanks for the thoughts, I went to the Dr. today and I have bronchitus, gross! ~ I will certainly get ya on the dance floor another time, just wait and see!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-02 22:55 ]

Thanks everyone for the amazing night and a special thanks to Doug for the autograph on my phone and menu. Please re-release Kona Lanes as it holds a very special place in my heart as I grew up with it as my local bowling alley. What a way to start off 2009.

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies