Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Scotty's Stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

Thanks Guys and thanks amate for asking.

Here is the palm that I almost gave up on and took us 3 hours to get on a trailer. The carving I am doing now is from the trip too, I got about 40 ft. of it. I believe it is pine.

A
amate posted on Sun, Jan 31, 2010 4:06 AM

YEOWZA!!! "Seek and ye shall find"

now thats a wicked sweet log!!!!! hell yah here we go!!!! cheerz scotty!!!

T

On 2010-01-29 17:51, drasticwagon wrote:
Back to carving after a break. It's not the best wood but I am getting there.

Scotty - lookin good. how about a larger view?? It does look like pine. It should carve fairly well if it's green to about 1 yr old. But after that when it's dry may start to tear really easy.

Hey Guys I have a question? Maybe this shouldn't be in this section but I rather enjoy the group of people in the carving threads. I like to venture to the Hula Hut in Austin a couple of times a year to hang out with the tikis. They have a new guy there that's a great addition along with their old tikis. I did not see any name on him and the manager had no clue where he was from either. He looks like the Trader Vics Dallas Tiki somewhat but on a smaller scale. Just interested in the orgin of this guy, thanks.

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-05-31 15:07 ]

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-05-31 20:09 ]

A
amate posted on Wed, Jun 2, 2010 3:51 PM

Can't help you with the artist of that carving. I was not aware of the Hula Hut but now I'll have to check it out.

Yes, it is my most favorite place. I love Austin but I get more excited going to The Hula Hut more than anything. It is worth the trip every time.

I am trying to get back into the groove again slowly. Here is something I have been working on here and there. Some more info about me - I am finally going to Hawaii next week, pretty stoked about it.

A

Looks like you've gone through some sand paper on that one. Does he have a head? :) Have fun on your trip. :D

I am working my way up to the head.I actually like the way it sands but it is not as carve friendly.

I am almost done with this one.I am happy with the way its coming out.

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-09-04 17:55 ]

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-09-04 17:56 ]

L

Way cool!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks laojia.

Finished This One Up

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-10-27 17:57 ]

S

Looks Great! well done, love the size and the stain job.

Thanks Seeks, The cedar helps out with that color.

A
amate posted on Sat, Oct 30, 2010 8:47 AM

Is that the native East Texxas Red Cedar? Our hill country Mountain Cedar has lots of unpleasant surprises even though it is beautifully grained.

I picked it up in North East Texas at a saw mill.

Nice work!

Thanks Rugbymatt!

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies