Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Diablo carves for Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Dayuuummm...just saw this, man. That's now MISTER Diablo to all the rest of us. Killer work, braddah.

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 8:18 AM

Thanks Danny - I mean MISTER DIABLO! Appreciate and love your work too.

Thanks Trader Vics for unleashing these gods onto the LA landscape. Downtown never looked so good.

Thanks Bewitched By Tiki for the photo.

TikiG

[ Edited by: TikiG 2009-06-02 08:19 ]

F

Incredible!

S

Fantastic big sucker!

Please refer to previous questions.

On 2009-06-02 22:44, Tucson Tiki wrote:
Please refer to previous questions.

I saw it . It's just that it is kind of a client confidentiality thing. Keep practicing and refining your technique and your tikis go up in value I guess. I have been carving since 2001 full time. When I first started the going rate for us carvers was about $100 per foot.

Thanks for the props guys !

If the Lakers win....

Will you have to move them???

You know. This is the kind of response I expected from you. (I'm sure your a nice guy) Really! It's not that big of a deal. It took you forever for you to say anything about my questions. Why would Trader Vics care? They hired you to produce a product. You deliverd a couple of awesome pieces. Some of us out here want to do this for some extra income.(In these tough Obama times) It would be nice to know what the the potential is. I guess it takes a whole lot of time and talent to break into the "elite group" here. I guess you could send me a private message if that would suit you better.. I'll keep carving TT

Actually it would have been more tactful if you would have PMed me in the first place. I tend to stay busy and don't babysit my threads.

Your right. I probably should have used a little more tact. I apologize. I would a least like to know what kind of wood you used. Thanks.

Ugh! Fire trucks headed for the Staples Center, I hope the Tiki's are okay.

O

Well, are they?

T

Nice Work Danny. These look stellar.

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-06-16 16:28 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-06-16 16:29 ]

On 2009-06-10 10:49, Tucson Tiki wrote:
Your right. I probably should have used a little more tact. I apologize. I would a least like to know what kind of wood you used. Thanks.

Mexican fan palm roughed out with my Dolmar electric chainsaw, carved with sharp Robert Sorby chisels and a "wood is good" mallet.

V

wow, nice work. Exactly what a TV needs. (I love love the marqs)

V

wow, nice work. Exactly what a TV needs. (I love love the marqs)

Wow, great stuff! Hopefully I can get that good.

These are simply TOOOOO useless in that location and need to be shipped to my home immediately. NICE!!!!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies