Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Should Tiki Central Be Fitted With More Stripper Poles?

Pages: 1 11 replies

W

From my careful observations of pop culture via television and movies I have noticed that pert near anything one could consider exciting happens at a strip joint where there's lotsa flashing lights, booze, fog machines, and girls girls girls dancing around stripper poles.

Looking around Tiki Central I see plenty of booze, flashing lights, girls, and fog cutters but our only stripper pole is for some reason located in the Test Message Area where it is usually only used by a few people occasionally doing their Stripper-cise! workouts.

Wouldn't Tiki Central benefit significantly from the installation of several more stripper poles? As everyone knows stripper poles are integral to the idea of Tiki Culture, so why do we have so few of them here? Is it political correctness run amok? Are people still believing that old story that stripper poles being made from whale spines and polished with panda fat? Is it an issue with the Internet Site Construction Code? Cuz if it is my cousin Steve in Brooklyn has some connections which could resolve any issues with inspectors pretty danged fast.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just wondering.

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2009 9:38 PM

If these fittings are approved, can I be involved with the stripper poles holes...?!?

...are those carved tiki stripper poles???!!!!......or the less glamourous simple bamboo hawaiiana poles??

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-02-03 22:03 ]

Don't forget we have this stripper on a carved tiki pole, on TC (NSFW warning!):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1389&forum=1&vpost=343817

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-02-04 06:40 ]

P
Pyro posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2009 7:18 AM

You can never have enough stripper poles. Booze + Stripper Poles= Good times.

W

Questions were never answered and here in the middle of the night I find myself restless for the taste of truth. Also I could go for some chocolate ice cream.

This Woofmutt Bump. was brought to you by.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

W

Ellipses to Eternity, INC
Making your unfinished thoughts can go on forever.............................

Woof, I say no. Just because we advertise the stripper pole doesn't mean we will get customers that can appreciate the art of the dance or strippers that even know how to use it.

If we get the poles...Woofy has to be the first one to swing on it...Wednesday is "Girl's Night" and we have crisp dollar bills at the ready!!!

*On 2009-02-03 20:04, woofmutt wrote:*Wouldn't Tiki Central benefit significantly from the installation of several more stripper poles?

It's a delicate balance.

If you have more people than you have poles, the value of those working the poles goes up.

If you have more poles than you have people, it makes the place seem shabby and under used. Low-Rent is the phrase that most comes to mind. It visually makes you think your being cheated because there are all those poles over there with no one on them, this place sucks and I'm outa here.

So basically, we could probably use one or two more stripper poles, but not more than probably four more.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 24, 2010 11:04 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-24 11:12 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies