Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

***March 21st - Lodge Night and Swap Meet with the Tikiyaki Orchestra !!! - BRING YOUR MUG !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies

T

Aloha TC Ohana, we're pleased to announce our very first appearance in the 818 aka : "Da Valley"

Announcing The MYSTIC ORDER OF TIKIYAKI LODGE MEETING and FLEA MARKET with THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA !!!
Saturday, March 21st at THE MAYFLOWER CLUB in North Hollywood.
11110 Victory Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91606
818 769 9805
(across from TARGET on Victory and Vineland)

SWAP MEET STARTS at 6:00 PM
TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA STARTS at 9:00 PM
Vending will continue throughout the evening.

Break out your best FEZ, Racoon or Water Buffalo Lodge Hat, or whatever Fraternal Attire you please...All Fraternities and Loyal Orders are welcome
at the LODGE.
This will be a super fun night of Booze, Toonz and Tiki Stuff !
Grand Mystic Poobah Marty Lush will perform a "Swearing In" Ceremony for all attendees and The Tikiyaki Orchestra will perform 2 sets of Exotica,
including many new songs from their upcoming CD "Swingin' Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" (due out in May)

There will be a bar serving Mai Tais and more, as well as a Snack Bar with pub food available .

ALL AGES ARE WELCOME

TIKI and POLY POP SWAP MEET !!!!

vendors to be announced....

The Mayflower Club is a classic, old school British Social Club , similar to a Knights of Colombus Hall, or Elks Club. Yes, not at all Tiki,
but the place is a real step back in time , and the perfect place for "Lodge Night". They have a nice big stage, a bar, which will be making Mai Tais and possibly a few other Tiki drinks (from the Grog Log) and kitchen/snack bar making British snacks like "Bangers Sandwiches" (basically, the British Hot Dog) and other stuff.

From the website :

"The Mayflower Club is a British-American Social and Networking Club, that was founded in 1965 by Co-founders, Pat and Frank Jackson, Trustees, and Eileen & Tom Selby. The Club served as a gathering place for British expatriates living in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding area's, to meet and have fun in an atmosphere of friendship and mutual support. Nowadays, all others are Welcome. The predominantly English clientele of the early years has now evolved to include participants from many other cultural backgrounds, and those that simply enjoy good company and "things British".

http://mayflowerclub.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-02-13 08:19 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-02-17 15:29 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-03-03 09:10 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-03-20 21:03 ]

CJ

radical

Cheers Mate.
I'm there.

S
squid posted on Fri, Feb 13, 2009 2:14 AM

SHOW UPDATES :

VENDOR INFO :

The first 10 people to send a PM to Squid get the slots. $20 cash due at setup. No-shows will be hunted down by the Mystic Interrogator and sacrificed at the Secret Initiation Ceremony.

The Vending tables are 8'x4', and there will be a few 6' ones available as well.

There will be 10 spaces available.

Payment will be made day of the show - $20 cash.

Remember, New art or Vintage collectibles are welcome.

BAR :

Bringing your own mug to drink out of is highly encouraged., otherwise you risk drinking out of plastic all night...you've been warned.

They have a few different beers on tap including Newcastle, as well as Corona, and a few others in bottles for the beer drinkers.

They will be making Trader Vics recipe Mai Tais as the drink special that night. Priced right -at only $6.

Woooo Hooooo!! Thanks for setting something up in the 818, we are so there!! Can't wait!! I like the bring your own mug idea!! Definitely can't drink a Mai Tai out of plastic. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

S

Ok folks, 3 swap meet spaces taken. 7 to go. Hurry, Hurry! Only $20!

T

On 2009-02-15 12:54, squid wrote:
Ok folks, 3 swap meet spaces taken. 7 to go. Hurry, Hurry! Only $20!

Plus, if you're going anyway to hear the awesome Tikiyaki Orchestra, for just 10 bucks more, you get to sell some stuff and make some money! What a great deal!

T

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE via Paypal. ($.50 paypal/handling fee added)

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-02-22 20:46 ]

S
squid posted on Sun, Feb 15, 2009 7:58 PM

5 vendor spaces down...

S
squid posted on Sun, Feb 15, 2009 8:57 PM

3 spots left!!!!

Now THAT"S a flier!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 16, 2009 10:29 AM

A different font for every line on the flyer. What "hack artist" hacked this out?

it's obvious you're an animator
and not a cutting-edge designer,Ernie!
That flier is A-1 SAUCE!
:)

save a swag table for the martini kings.we'll take one! you are in our neighborhood. 818!

S

ONE, count 'em, ONE VENDOR SPOT LEFT!!!!!

we will dust off our fez's and see you there!

S

Yeah baby...The Esoteric Order of Martini Kings Lodge is always welcome at our meetings!

Maybe I could even talk 'em into playin' a few numbers????????

HMMMMMM?

S

All vendor spaces are S O L D !

Keep your eyes on this topic for a complete listing of vendors and their splendid wares!

WHOOO HOO! . . .

DOH!. . .

I have just experianced the full spectrum of Homer emotions reading this thread.
That's what I get for not going on TC for a few days.

WHOO HOO! for this awesome event, and another big WHOO HOO for it happening in my new hood! I can't wait!

DOH! to me only hearing about it now and missing the vending wagon. But I have so much CRAP!!! . . . I mean TREASURES!

Oh well, guess I'll just have to show up, hobknob with the high mukluks, drink and buy stuff while under the influence of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki.
Bummer. :wink:

Hey~ just checking~ are girls aloud?
I know these shady fraternal orders can be a little weird about that.
I see that Bangers will be served, I just want to know what kind of sausage party I am getting myself into!

*** ZING! ***

S

LOL! Suzy you ROCK.

You moved to the Valley?

Suzanne

T

Bump !

is there a charge for this?
do we need to buy tix in advance?

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE via Paypal. ($.50 paypal/handling fee added)

D

The founding fathers of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki:

And of course no self respecting lodge member with seniority should be without a Fez-ant:

T

Let's not forget our favorite fez wearing cartoon character Morocco Mole

S
squid posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 1:11 AM

On 2009-02-19 01:38, atomikitty wrote:
WHOOO HOO! . . .

DOH!. . .

I have just experianced the full spectrum of Homer emotions reading this thread.
That's what I get for not going on TC for a few days.

WHOO HOO! for this awesome event, and another big WHOO HOO for it happening in my new hood! I can't wait!

DOH! to me only hearing about it now and missing the vending wagon. But I have so much CRAP!!! . . . I mean TREASURES!

Oh well, guess I'll just have to show up, hobknob with the high mukluks, drink and buy stuff while under the influence of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki.
Bummer. :wink:

Hey~ just checking~ are girls aloud?
I know these shady fraternal orders can be a little weird about that.
I see that Bangers will be served, I just want to know what kind of sausage party I am getting myself into!

*** ZING! ***

You're a valley girl now??? Well, I'll be a....

If you want to sell your crap...er...um...stuff, I can't stop you from dragging people to the hatchback of your Gremlin before the show for a clandestine transaction. But please wipe the transmission fluid off of your hands before handling the Bangers. Public sanitation and your safety is of the utmost concern at all lodge functions.

Of course girls are allowed! You have your Tikiyaki Ladies Auxiliary card, right? If not, send a PM to Digitiki with your stats and a few saucy photos. He'll get back to you.

See ya there!

S
squid posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 1:14 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Diggin your poster squid. it gots me hypnotized!

TM

A Skull above all others!

TM

Flashing gang signs?

The Tikiyaki Orchestra getting tapped in:

TM

That's Jim Bacchi third from the left: (George Bush just left of the clock)

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2009-02-24 08:32 ]

whoooa whats with the hoods?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

Lots of college secret societies (and other nefarious groups) copied the style and hoods of Spanish "penitentes" (Catholic parishioneers doing penance during Holy Week)

I'd LOVE to attend this, but as usual, Tikiyaki has checked my schedule prior to booking any gigs & picked a day I will be attending a wedding. Damn you Jim! :wink:

On 2009-02-24 11:12, MamboKing wrote:
I'd LOVE to attend this, but as usual, Tikiyaki has checked my schedule prior to booking any gigs & picked a day I will be attending a wedding. Damn you Jim! :wink:

Whore Hay - This is much more important than you wedding. This is the forming and swearing in of a secret society. The Mystic Order of Tikiyaki. Join us or be damned !

damn I just realized I have to go to that Wedding too.
maybe I can swing both.
wedding and then Jam to the show.
hmmmmm

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Kalai Wa'a and Pele Nani will be flying down to attend.

Looking forward to drinks with new friends, and Pele Nani is getting me a fez so's I can be in uniform.

Kill-Devil Club Initiate #7

[ Edited by: Kālai Waʻa 2009-02-25 14:20 ]

expect a rare appearance from mr. charlie at the lodge!

There's just something oddly perverse about that picture. . .

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 26, 2009 6:22 PM

Woooo! Mr Charlie!! I hope he can take the oath without assistance.

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 26, 2009 6:27 PM

I think Ollie is concerned about Stan doing that ventriloquist thing again...

Bump

S

Hey Squid..I know what me and Del Rey are going as next halloween..Thanx.hahahha

This just looks like more fun than the 818 can handle. I'll be there if I can!

T

BUMPY BUMP.

This show is gonna be a blast. We got fun stuff up our Chinese shirt sleeves.

3 weeks !

D

Everyone be sure to wear your craziest hat!!!!

OL

Did someone say hats? I'm there!

This is going to be my first time vending, so go easy on me folks! No pushing or shoving to get to my table, just take it easy and form a nice single file line.

I've been pulling things out of closets, drawers, and cupboards to get ready for this. Holy carp, I've got a lot good stuff! This is going to be fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies