Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

LeRoy Schmaltz OA

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

To all my tiki fans just to let you know I am going to have knee replacement surgery Feb 16th I will be away from my carving for a couple of weeks but plan on being @ OA as soon as possible . Since I wont actually be carving tikis for awhile I can spend more time talking and reminiscing with friends call and come by OA I'd love to hear from you. You have been the ones keeping tikianna and my passion for carving alive. Please keep me in you prays and thoughts as I recoup and get use to my new bionic part.

Hey Leroy...I wish you Good luck and godspeed on your recovery! We'll see you soon @ OA!

H

sent my good wishes in early as i'm sure there will be a waiting line to comply.

T

Leroy-

My prayers for a speedy recovery are with you as well, sir.

Positive mana attracts positive mana. Your contributions to the positive nature of the human spirit is incalculable(I know my friends feel the same way too)

• your authority and prestige will wash recovery over you like a tidal wave.

Leroy - God Bless you for your enormous body of art contributed to our community.
We'll see you again soon at O.A.

S

Many, many well wishes sent your way, from the Ohana here on the east coast as well-

T

Seconding Sabina's EAST coast
get well wishes & back to your
carving studio ASAP!

Mahalo Thortiki

Leroy. Greetings and best wishes to you from exotic Kalamazoo Michigan. Your influence has even touched our humble town. Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery. The chips will be flying in no time.

Leroy, now you can add "able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" to your list of amazing talents!

Here's to a quick and successful surgery and a speedy recovery. See you soon!

Wishing you a Speedy recovery!
You're a treasure to us all!
the bionic part makes you even cooler!
:)

Well wishes for your surgery, hope it goes smooth, you recover quickly, and that you can return to carving soon.

T

You always were the $6 million man. Enjoy the time off . You deserve a rest .

M
Murph posted on Mon, Feb 16, 2009 2:25 PM

Good luck LeRoy!

We always think of you and smile when we look at our pelican.

WooHooWahine and I wish you SPEEDY RECOVERY and well-deserved rest! Keep us posted on the recovery and when you'll be back. We'd love to come down and hear stories from the glory days of tiki!!!
Side note...What's Bob gonna do without you around???

G

On 2009-02-16 12:17, Tiki Carver King wrote:
You have been the ones keeping tikianna and my passion for carving alive.

Well, that's very heart warming to hear because you are one of the main reasons we're all Tiki fanatics in the first place! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a quick return to the carving bench!

Get well wiki wiki. Do what rehab tells you and get back to carving as soon as possible.
You are an inspiration!
Erik

you'll do fine - Its so much better these days - surgery (repairs) that is!
Let us know when you get back on line!

Lets talk about the Tarrytown NY Kona kai! - install 25 plus years ago?

Leroy, we'll be drinking toasts to your speedy recovery. Cheers to new knees! Much aloha from Napa Valley.

-Weird Unc

Time for the King to relax for a few weeks!

( make Bob get dirty!!! :wink:

CJ

I was just at your home base and was wondering where you were. Not to be a jerk but screw relaxing and get back to making some great stuff! If OA runs out I'll have to take some prisoners.

T

Hey Leroy, Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!!
You have inspired, amazed and touched a lot of different people with your spectacular art and your warm kindness.
Time for a break and you'll be ready to chisel swing again!!

To your health, from way up in BC, Canada!
Take care, TabooDan

CA

i hope when i round the block of new knees, they have the thing down pretty good... a week ago i was up... coming down on a snowboard praying my knees would not explode on the next run. And with all the snow we are finally getting... i'll take having a blow out pushing snow around rather then palm logs! if i do i know where i'll rest up.... Bob's Mai Tai are pretty good, and a Leroy story ain't bad either.....
GET WELL SOON!

Keep your sunny side up & do what the Doktor tells you to and more; it's really alot of work getting yourself up & around.

MR LeRoy, luv ya buddy !

Damn!
LeRoy,
Your temporary setback is our gain.
May you have a speedy recovery, but until then, stock the bar and have a seat, because we have a shit load of questions to ask you! (all good ya know)
Welcome back.

WOW! The Six Million Dollar Leroy!!

About time....Glad to hear you're getting that taken care of. You're too much of a bull to be grazing in the fields!

Speaking of grazing bulls, Kiara and I will come by soon for our Steak 'n Stein date with you and Bob.

Take care and get that saw n' chisel back in your paws!

Jordan

WOW! The Six Million Dollar Leroy!!

About time....Glad to hear you're getting that taken care of. You're too much of a bull to be grazing in the fields!

Speaking of grazing bulls, Kiara and I will come by soon for our Steak 'n Stein date with you and Bob.

Take care and get that saw n' chisel back in your paws!

Jordan

Leroy,

Here's wishing you a super speedy recovery.

BTW, I named the the Tikiyaki Stage tikis you designed and had made for us "Bob" and "Leroy".

Looks like I need to pay a visit to OA soon and say hello.

If it weren't for you and Bob, we'd have very little to talk about on this forum. :)

Leroy,

Well wishes for a speedy recovery from all of us at Tiki Magazine. Hope to see you soon.

Nick

Best wishes, Leroy, for a speedy recovery!

Your work has always been an inspiration, enjoy the well deserved time off while you heal up!

..get well soon!! and relax....you deserve a break from carving.....perhaps they can fit your knees with some hydralics so you can lift logs twice your weight with no problems....:)

Good luck with the surgery, Leroy. We're gonna have to get you a Hula Girls CD to listen to while you're in recoup mode...
Take care.

M

Get well soon!!

Here's wishing a speedy recovery to an exceptionally friendly, welcoming and talented gentleman!

Many Happy Returns Leroy!! sending much Love............

H

Leroy, I will come and visit with you as soon as you are back, I am bringing your favorite chocolate. Get well soon.

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers... The surgury was a success but unfortunately there were some complications, so I'm back in surgury tonight while the cardio vascular surgeon carves my leg! Let's hopes his skills are as good as mine:) thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!!! Much love the tiki carver king-via his kids

T

On 2009-02-17 21:26, Tiki Carver King wrote:
Thank you for your well wishes and prayers... The surgury was a success but unfortunately there were some complications, so I'm back in surgury tonight while the cardio vascular surgeon carves my leg! Let's hopes his skills are as good as mine:) thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!!! Much love the tiki carver king-via his kids

Ouch! That doesn't sound fun, Leroy. Let's just hope this scalpel weilding doc isn't looking at your leg as a blank canvas!!

Much luck and let us know how you're doing!

Jordan

"we can rebuild him-we have the technology!"--best wishes for your speedy recovery with your bionic knee and I will toast your Tiki at frankie's tommorrow!

I can't wait to see you bouncing around OA again soon... and pain-free!! What a great thing! I'll be sending mana-filled thoughts of speedy healing and your future as a champion surfer/ballroom dancer/long-distance runner... well, why not? The sky's the limit for you now, Leroy! Aloha from Kari Hendler.

Very Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery, LeRoy!!!

Will stop by OA soon.

Leroy, This is just one of those little repair jobs like you did with splint and glue many times, and I am sure you are in capable hands --medically and spiritually--, so I am looking forward to seeing you in your shop soon.

T

Chin Up Leroy !

Get well soon !

Here's hopin for a full recovery.
get well soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Leroy,

Hope they've given you a good quantity of quality meds, and that they're kickin' in nicely for you.

Libby and I enjoyed seeing you again a couple weeks ago, and we expect to be back to visit for a materials run before too long. Maybe you'll show off your sexy new scars.

Heal up soon and well, and our good wishes for your speedy recovery. Oh yes, one last word -- Kneepads. Can't recommend 'em highly enough. And I've got my reasons.

Best Aloha,
SOK

Wishing you the best Leroy,from all here in San Diego!

I hope that the complications aren't too complicated and that your recovery is smooth and easy.

And thank you for helping to make my home the strange and charming place that it has become over the past several years.

The best there ever was.

P

Leroy,
you looked good when I was so fortunate to visit OA from Pittsburgh in Dec of '07. You and Bob are rock stars! You looked good then, you'll look and feel great real soon! You go, Tikibionico!

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies