Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

LeRoy Schmaltz OA

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

WooHooo! Here's to a Speedy Recovery :)

S

And all this time wefigured a wrist or elbow would give out!

Recover soon and well!

N

Get well soon and to a quick speedy recovery
=Notch=

Mahalo LeRoy,

Now that you're the Lee Majors of Tiki, please get well soon so you can start working on that new Bionic Hula!

Dick

[ Edited by: Dick the Beachcomber 2016-11-21 17:38 ]

Day 7 and the night of the Tiki/ I mean nightmare continues---- One bum knee joke after another well once I get to doing some thing I jump in with both feet Still in the hospital still recovering from 2 holes in my artery which has delayed the knee replacement therapy This pic is me sitting pretty BEFORE the first cut I guess like any tiki it looks like a mess at the beginning.

Leroy, it must be the termites! I say fumigate.

Sorry, just another stupid joke, while really I wish you the best in health and recovery! Truly, Your Sven

Good Luck for a speedy recovery, King Leroy!

Watch out for that mechanical knee-bendin' therapy machine from hell...

it'll yank ya right outta the bed if yer not careful!

Take Care Good Sir,

Lee

B

Leroy, Best of luck with your surgery! I heard the reason for the delay was the doc couldn't get his chainsaw started and had to get as new one. Hope he's as good with his as you are with yours :) :o :D
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Leroy - I certainly hope you're doing well. Thank you for all your many gifts for the Tiki community at large. I wish you a speedy recovery. Let us know how you're doing as soon as you're able.

O

Leroy,

Hope you are recovering well. Tiki speed! We just visited this guy at Frankies. Clever club he is holding.

You'll be looking like this in no time, You may have to shave your legs though!

Get well soon brother! Always willing to take the extra time to talk story, i will not forget the time at OA when you had your personal tiki mug collection case open and told me the history and stories behind almost all of them. You are a treasure to this community!

Wow, Leroy, I only just now got the news re. your surgery as I've been out of the Tiki Loop while caring for my 86 year old Mom who fractured a hip and is now entering the rehab phase!

So I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! An old warrior like you doesn't stay down for long, especially when new Tiki Gods are a callin' out to ya to bring them into our world!

Lastly, I think of you every time I drive by Caliente Tropics Resort, just around the corner from my Mom's place! And I'll be sure to drop by OA to talk story and share a Mai Tai with you and Bob as soon as I'm back in L.A. on a more permanent basis!

And my 'Paradise Cove Tiki Lounge' sure wouldn't be what it is without your enormous help and inspiration!!!

Cheers, my friend, and Many Mahalos! :drink: :tiki:

Paul

O
Otto posted on Fri, Feb 27, 2009 9:45 PM

Leroy, good luck on the surgery. I really wish I was in the LA area and could hang out with you! Take care.
Otto

We're still thinking about you Leroy! How's the recovery going? Are you up and about? WooHooWahine and I are looking forward to some stories!!! :P

LeRoy,

Hang in there.

We can customize you a work table for your rehabilitating walker.

I still need to get a tiki carved by you!

Benboo.

Day 16 And I'm still recovering in the hospital. After 7 transfusions, a shock to the heart to get it back in to the right rhythm, uncountable fluid iv to flush my kidneys ( better than dialyses) I finally got some good news! I moved to the therapy unit to start getting around , flexing my muscles and lifting all those tiki logs. The pic is the good side of my right knee the other side looks worse after the vascular surgeon got a hold of me (sorry if anyone has a weak stomach). And the other is me making a statement Keep up on your ART no matter how you feel or where you are!
Thanks for all the happy thought, and prayers and encouraging words my family and I appreciate them greatly.

[ Edited by: Tiki Carver King 2009-03-03 20:50 ]

Glad to hear the good news Leroy!
Keep the good mana flowing everyone.
Aloha,
:tiki:

T

Wow, leroy, that's SOME battlescar.

Glad to hear that everything went ok.

Looking forward to seeing you with a chainsaw carving a tiki in the back at OA !!!

Yikes! That is some piece o' meat there, carved and clamped like a log! Glad to hear it is, and you are, on the road to recovery, Leroy.

get well soon Sir.
good luck.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Holy Long-Pig, Batman!! Looks like Edward-Chainsawhands got to you!

Sheesh, Leroy!! Thanks for sharing!

And the other is me making a statement Keep up on your ART no matter how you feel or where you are!

Very inspirational and uplifting comment Mr. Leroy! I'm glad to see that you are on the mend and hope to see you back at OA soon workin' your magic....

And this year's Purple Tiki goes to Leroy...

Man, that's taking one for the team!

Hope the heal-up goes quick for you and you can get back to creating!

For now, rest up and enjoy the break!

T

Glad to see you doing better but we all know you have months of physical therapy to do also so hang in there . See if you can get one of those young candystripers to clip those toenails while you just laying around . Maybe a long slow spongebath too . hahaha

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2009 3:24 PM

Glad to hear that you're on the mend!! Enjoy being waited on just a bit :wink:

T

On 2009-03-03 20:48, Tiki Carver King wrote:
The pic is the good side of my right knee...

Hey, I'm eatin' here! :D

Reloy, keep the faith and get well soon! Maybe this will be an inspiration to start a line of carved wooden legs adorned with Maori moko. :wink:

gnarly! totally gnarrly!

glad you are good!

stay in touch on TC!

mahalo
jack

M

LeRoy, I have a pair of bionic hips so I can sort of guess how things are going for you. I think the main thing with a knee is to keep moving the joint so the scar tissue doesn't harden up. Otherwise, I bet your new pain free situation is just getting better and better. It is so nice not having to toss down four advils every six hours, no? All the best.

Good Night but that's impressive! Keep with the Physical Therapy for as long as the Dr say, and even after then; there's no surer way to mess up that pretty new knee than to skimp on the PT.

Now, I for one, think you can weave quite a story about that fine scar you're going to have. Something like, "I was being chased by Maori's, angered because I had 'borrowed' one of their statues to duplicate for a new Tiki bar in Copenhagen. I had almost made it to the river, when a spear whipped out of nowhere and sliced into my leg..." and, there! You see? You can keeping everyone enthralled, and soon enough, people will be buying you lots of drinks. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm so glad to see you're healing up, LeRoy. I look forward to seeing your smiling face back at O.A. soon! Love, Kari

Ah yes, TR..., I can see it now --

"Good lord, man...! And then what happened...?"

"Steady, Carruthers, let him tell it in his time, will you?"

"The suspense...it's too great...! Can it all be true?"

"You've seen the scar, Wooster. Need one say more...?"

"Do go on, Leroy -- however did you keep from passing out,
once you pulled that dastardly spear from your leg...?"

"Someone get this man another drink, for gawdsake...!"

(Libby and I will check on your medicinal needs immediately prior to our next visit to OA. 'Til then, rest well and do what the witchdoctors say... S :) K )

S
squid posted on Thu, Mar 12, 2009 2:16 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery my friend. Your fans anxiously await your return to the stage.

:)

On 2009-03-12 09:34, Son-of-Kelbo wrote:
Ah yes, TR..., I can see it now -- ...
'Til then, rest well and do what the witchdoctors say... S :) K ...

On 2009-03-12 14:16, squid wrote:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery my friend. Your fans anxiously await your return to the stage...
:)

Hope all the parts are mending well, LeRoy!

S

Thinking of you! Hope you're on the mend!

Suzanne

Get well soon soon sooner Leroy!

The KING is finally home after 18 Days in the hospital- --Friday the 13th I finally checked out of the hospital to head straight to OA for a film shoot / a tiki documentary for a PBS special ( I'll tell you about that at a later date or when you drop by OA). I am still recovering with nurses coming to the house for wound care & therapy. I'm using a walker and large boot to protect my leg and foot. It will be several weeks before I can sit around and tell you what really happened with that spear- from The Schmaltz Adventure
Thanks so much for your prayers and healing thoughts and well wishes I believe those thoughts have made my healing quick and have kept extreme complications to a minimum

ok only a doc/geek would know this, but OA in medicalese means osteoarthritis, i.e. medial compartment joint space narrowing, subchondral cysts and sclerosis and marginal osteophytes. from one OA to the next, here's to a speedy recovery. cheers,

I'm glad your home and recovering nicely! :)

Awesome to hear you are at home!!!

p.s.

Maybe during your rehabilitation/ resting leg at home,

you could start a LeRoy thread here on TC and tell us many stories

of your past??

T

On 2009-03-14 19:05, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s.

Maybe during your rehabilitation/ resting leg at home,

you could start a LeRoy thread here on TC and tell us many stories

of your past??

Here Hear ! I second that motion.

Good to hear you're home and on the road to recovery.

V

Good Luck Leroy!!!

Let us know how that new third "chainsaw arm" works, or if it gets in the way of the new forth arm that will hold chisels. Isn't science wonderful?

Have a quick recovery. You are our hero.

Can we all just come over and sit around your chair while you regail us with tiki stories of past and present? I want to hear about "Popeye"!!!

Recovery is going well----- I will be going to therapy out of the house starting next week, I can get up and down the front steps now, and the docs say that the new scar skin growth and toe nails growing are a good sign that my leg is getting healthier... My wife has decided she needs a break from nursing my wounds so she is dropping me off at OA on Wed, April 1st so she can have a day off with some friends. I don't think I will do any work they actually won't let me it's hard with the walker and big boot but I can get some exercise in walking around the shop come by to see me if you can. LeRoy

So happy to hear you're doing well! I sure wish I could be there on Wednesday. I hope things keep going smoothly for you.

awlright, leroy!

glad to hear you're on the mend! now, hurry up and get back to crankin' out the best tikis this side of the south pacific!

jordan

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies