Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Seeks some Bay Area Volunteers

Pages: 1 16 replies

B

We are seeking Tiki Oasis help from those in the BAY AREA

Hello there! Are you excited about Tiki Oasis this year and live in the Bay Area? Are you able to help out in the month of March/April with some Tiki Oasis volunteer duties?

Both Otto and I (Baby Doe) are finding a hard time working on a few things for the show. We are in the middle of a house move AND both of our day jobs just got super demanding this month so we are feeling a bit tapped out and REALLY need some help to pull this together this year. We have some fun stuff we are working on for Tiki Oasis including a few NEW things and we don’t want to cross them off the list we want to make them a reality!

We are hoping to create a committee of Tiki Oasis enthusiast that can contribute about 20 hours over the months of March/April (maybe 3 hours per week). We are looking for people that can come meet us on the night of Wednesday March 17th in ALAMEDA for a committee meeting.

Skill sets that we are looking for include: graphics, excel/word, web surfing, phone calling, people persons.

Of course, volunteers who complete tasks are rewarded with goodies!

Oh and for those wondering about Tiki Oasis we are ALMOST ready to launch the website - it is super cute and I am excited about the site but as always something happens that makes it take a bit longer then anticipated. Hold tight!!

If you are interested please e-mail me at: [email protected]

XOXO Baby Doe

Heck yeah... I'm up in Santa Rosa with not a whole lot to do.

bumpo!

S

BTW- Wednesday is the 18th!

B

We are still figuring out what day we will meet with the Tiki Oasis Committee. We might add a weekend date to get more folks. If you can help and live the Bay Area please e-mail me!
thanks,
XOXO Baby Doe

Z

I so want to help! Petaluma needs representation!!

Cowabunga!

~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-03-11 20:05 ]

if you can use any VIRTUAL volunteers...I am a economic VICTIM so have a lot of time on my hands & can do VIRTUAL stuff..also would like to put in an order to volunteer for SD

I sent an email, in case you're still looking for volunteers!

M

Baby Doe has this committee been sorted? If you need some additional ad hoc help, I'm happy to trot over to Alameda and do whatever. :)

B

since Otto and I are so stressed with our move we pushed our committee meeting to Saturday April 18th! This will be in Alameda and I will post the details that week.

XOXO Baby Doe

C

On 2009-03-23 13:47, babydoe wrote:
since Otto and I are so stressed with our move we pushed our committee meeting to Saturday April 18th! This will be in Alameda and I will post the details that week.

I'll be happy to help in any way that my limited skill set allows. I can't make it to a meeting on the 18th, even though it's in my hometown, because I'll be busy attending a wedding at Tiki Tom's. I'd try to get away for the meeting but since I'm the groom my fiancee is likely to be a little strict about attendance.

chiwito

Z

Still intresred in whatever way I can...

~Zero

On 2009-03-23 13:47, babydoe wrote:

XOXO Baby Doe

Whew! I thought I might have forgotten and missed it. Okay, April 18th, cool...

Oh, and hope the move went okay. :)

I am not able to make it to Oasis this year (cash flow issues) but I would be happy to help out if my skillset matches your need. I have basic spreadsheet/word and of course net surfing skills. I am open on April 18th and if anyone from Sacramento wants to hook up with me for a ride to Alameda, that would be kewl.

B

For those in the BAY AREA -

We are having a volunteer MEETING to get more help organizing Tiki Oasis. With our recent move into a new home Otto and I are needing a bit of help. It is ideal to meet in person and get to know your skills and interest so that is why we are looking for a couple of people in the Bay Area that we can meet with!

If you are interested in volunteering AT the event please connect with Mateo at:
[email protected]

Saturday April 18th
Tiki Oasis Volunteer Meeting
4pm-6pm
if sunny - at the Forbidden Island PATIO in Alameda
if rainy - 2801 Buena Vista Ave, Alameda

Thanks everyone!
XOXO Baby Doe

O
Otto posted on Wed, Apr 15, 2009 7:13 PM

On 2009-04-09 15:22, babydoe wrote:

Saturday April 18th
Tiki Oasis Volunteer Meeting
4pm-6pm
if sunny - at the Forbidden Island PATIO in Alameda
if rainy - 2801 Buena Vista Ave, Alameda

Thanks everyone!
XOXO Baby Doe

Volunteer meeting will be 5 - 6:30
because FI does not open til 5 on Sat

hi! i'm pretty new to posting on tiki forums (i'll admit it, i'm a terrible lurker!). back in michigan, there wasn't too much to report! anyways, my boyfriend and i moved to san francisco recently and haven't been to forbidden island yet (which is part of the reason i didn't make it to the meeting on the 18th), but i am wondering if you are still looking for any volunteers? b/c i'm volunteering myself! let me know if you still need volunteers, i don't know exactly how i can help, but i would love to in any ways possible!

Pages: 1 16 replies