Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Countdown for LA Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 3 141 replies

John Valencia has work going around the clock to be ready for the LA Trader Vic's grand opening next month.
The website has a countdown clock that gives you the opening to the second.
Can't wait to see what John, Sven and Danny have come up with.

26 days 11 hours 3 min as of now
http://www.tradervicsla.com/

WOOOHOOO!! We can't wait :)

Opening night:

Trader Vic's Opening in April 15, 2009@ LA LIVE
http://www.tradervicsla.com

Monster tikis... check.

On 2009-03-19 23:04, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Monster tikis... check.

Sounds promising!
Combining two of my favorite things: Lakers & Tiki!

I can't wait. We will be going there in August.

this has got to be good.
can't wait.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Three tikis stained today. Two 8' Marqs and one special tiki pushing 9 feet!

Very kool Danny .

Diablo's got it goin'. Sweet! 8)

The unveiling of the Tapa:

Some of the rougher designs:

Ancient mythology?:

Pacific patterns:

Rolling out the red carpet:

some classic Pacific patterns:

Layers:

The ritual cutting of the bark cloth:

R

wow!!! now that's some tapa!!

LT

On 2009-03-21 12:20, bigbrotiki wrote:
Some of the rougher designs:

Some of the segments in this piece have the word "PALATAVAKE" below what looks to me like an image of a headdress. Any idea what this references? I did some searching on the web and found that it has a Tongan connection; maybe a name.

Holy crap !!! I could do my whole home lounge with that . Ceiling, walls and floor.

T

Keep the photos coming!!
Those are some awesome shots of all that Tapa!! I don't think I have ever seen such a big piece!! It looks nice and authentic too!!

SERIOUS QUESTION HERE, what is the address, or atleast the location, of the new L.A. Trader Vic's??
I have been on their new website but didn't see any address or that sort of info.

We are heading that way in early April and might try to swing it.

Thanks, TabooDan

The Address is 800 West Olympic Blvd., # A120, Los Angeles, CA 90015

Listed on the website under the restaurant section, and if you click on the LA Live link it will also give directions.

T

Hey TraderJohn, thanks, I will check it out!!
TabooDan

T

Holy Tapa Roll !

Good stuff !

thats FREAKIN HUGE!
now is that all pounded bark ? lol
can you imagine the hand pounding that would take?

what will the hours be?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think it's great that it's opening on tax return deadline day. We'll all need a large cocktail THAT night! Maybe I missed this post, but is there going to be some kind of special opening party that day/night? Or is it a "just show up" thing when it opens that day?

I think it's a soft opening on April 15th but Tax Day makes everyone soft already, right?
I visited Trader John at LA Trader Vic's today. He showed me around the new Trader Vic's, Chinese oven, monkey pod bar, carved panels, miles of tapa and bamboo. After the disappointment of Beverly Hill's and especially Las Vegas, this restored my faith in what To expect from a Trader Vic's. I'd love to show you all more pictures but this site is being kept under wraps for now and I'm abiding by their wishes. Here is one picture of the interior to give you all a peek. They were installing the bar while I was there and the bamboo has to be some of the biggest I've ever seen in a Tiki palace which this is destined to be. IMNSHO :)

TL

Cool ! But like what bigtikidude said ,what about the the hours will it be open for lunch also ?.

Wow...looking good so far--I can't wait to check it out--I'll be in Vegas for the opening, but definitely need to get up there soon!

whom ever goes first needs to take some pics and post!

This is going to be great, I just realized that I haven't been to TV's since my son was born, almost 3 years. And I live near three of them...

Going to be visiting this one for sure when we go on our Disneyland trip in May.

On 2009-03-21 01:19, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Three tikis stained today. Two 8' Marqs and one special tiki pushing 9 feet!

I love the Marquesean Tiki!
Will they be standing erect?

Yeah Chris, the two Marqs will flank the entrance and the third larger tiki will be on the other end of the front of the building. Placement could change, but this is as I know it.

Excellent!

I went to the Yardhouse on a Laker game night and the joint was packed. If Trader Vics can absorb even a portion of that crowd, it could do very well.

If the BH reopens, we could have 3 locations in about 10 miles.

O

On 2009-03-27 05:38, tiki leki wrote:
Cool ! But like what bigtikidude said ,what about the the hours will it be open for lunch also ?.

I was informed that Trader Vic's will be open for Happy Hour and dinner hours for the first 30 days. No lunch hours yet.

O

Bar top is being finished tommorow, tapa and Tiki are up, canoes being installed. Getting close.
Here is a picture of Nokia Plaza outside of Trader Vic's. Trader John mentioned an outdoor event with music and a Polynesian review out here sometime.

Son of Kelbo this ones for you.

The Tapa is 80% up, apparently.

Good My Space page, lots of information, music and clips:

http://www.myspace.com/tradervicslosangeles

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.