Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 144 replies

Bill,
wish I could come up for this,
sounds great.

good luck buddy.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just a quick reminder that at 7:00pm tonight the bus tickets go on sale here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/bustickets.php

L

Oh good I got on for Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting more of the Ohana :)

WoooHooo! SoccerTiki and I just purchased our tickets :)

We're in too,

Zazz!

K

Are bus tickets still available for both nights?

L

On 2009-06-18 08:51, KikiTiki wrote:

Are bus tickets still available for both nights?

There are tickets for Friday available and for Saturday they are sold out so you can add your name to the waiting list. Check the Tiki Crawl website. That is where you find this information out. :)

On 2009-06-16 10:56, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Well, it's made Thrillist: http://www.thrillist.com/san-francisco/2009/06/16/bay-area-tiki-crawls

"If you fear leaving your comfort zone, there's a non-bus enabled open-to-anyone SF crawl Thurs night hitting Trad'r Sam, the Tonga Room, and Bamboo Hut, whose location lends itself conveniently to celebrating your own rich narrative: sneaking out of a tiki bar and into a strip club."

Who the hell would do that?

Unga Bunga would never do that.
Who else is on the Friday bus?

Chief Bartender and I are on the Friday bus. Never been to those places as they are so far away. Looking forward to the treat!
Brenda

"If you fear leaving your comfort zone, there's a non-bus enabled open-to-anyone SF crawl Thurs night hitting Trad'r Sam, the Tonga Room, and Bamboo Hut, whose location lends itself conveniently to celebrating your own rich narrative: sneaking out of a tiki bar and into a strip club."

Who the hell would do that?

Although I have found Thrillist (like Daily Candy) to have some useful information at times, it does gear itself to the Frat Boy/Tragic Hipster crowd, none of whom, hopefully, will be joining us on this crawl. But we'll be polite if they do, and let's try to educate them on Tiki. If that ends up being an impossible task, I'm sure we will all artfully kick their asses to the curb.

MT

Stay tuned for an announcement regarding a coupon code for the hotel.

MT

The Hawthorne Suites on Webster Street in Alameda will be the official hotel for Tiki Crawl 2009. We have arranged a special rate for you Crawlers of $99 a room per night - call the Hawthorne Suites at (510) 522-1000, and give them the coupon code TIKICRAWL9 when booking your room to get that rate. You can only get the discounted rate by calling the hotel directly, the coupon code will not work online. The Hawthorne Suites offers a full breakfast every morning, and any early Crawlers that stay there on Wednesday will get a free dinner Wednesday evening as well. We have a limited number of rooms at that rate, so make sure to book your room now, while you can!

I called the hotel today, and the code was active, but please let us know if you have any problems booking when using the coupon code TIKICRAWL9.

The Hawthorne Suites will be the official pick up point to get on the Tiki Bus for South Bay Friday's leg of The Tiki Crawl. However, Forbidden Island will be the official pick up point for East Bay Saturday's leg of The Tiki Crawl, since Forbidden Island is right down the street from Hawthorne Suites. I repeat, The bus will pick up at Hawthorne Suites on South Bay Friday, but will pick up at Forbidden Island on East Bay Saturday.

Here is the address for The Hawthorne Suites, and a map to show where it is in relation to Forbidden Island.

Hawthorn Suites
1628 Webster Street
Alameda, CA 94501
510-522-1000
Coupon Code: TIKICRAWL9

Wow, The Tiki Crawl is right around the corner. Two weeks from now, we will be in the thick of it! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! Cheers!

WoooHooo! Room booked. SoccerTiki and I will be staying Friday through Sunday :) W

M

I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday at the crawl with Inky and all my friends! We will be there Friday to Sunday!

On 2009-06-29 18:06, mrsmiley wrote:
I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday at the crawl with Inky and all my friends! We will be there Friday to Sunday!

There are certain people that may want to spank you so I'll pack my inflatable buttocks just in case.

C

There seems to be a slight error on the T Crawl schedule. The original schedule called for Sunday lunch at Tiki Tom's. The "correction" said that the lunch had to be postponed because TT's will be closed for a private event. Tom has assured me that there is no special event on the 12th and that the bar/restaurant will be open. If so, I plan to be there if I wake up [my birthday is on Saturday, the 11th; my wife and I plan to celebrate it on the TCrawl bus; I may not be in super good shape Sun morn]. If any of you make it for lunch, be sure to say hi, and happy birthday, to the guy in the longshoreman's cap at the offshore end of the bar.

[ Edited by: chiwito 2009-06-29 21:15 ]

M

Tiki Toms.....Maybe they just didn't want Mrsmiley to show up so they made up some excuse about not being to host the Tiki crawlers! :wink:

MT

On 2009-06-29 21:14, chiwito wrote:
There seems to be a slight error on the T Crawl schedule. The original schedule called for Sunday lunch at Tiki Tom's. The "correction" said that the lunch had to be postponed because TT's will be closed for a private event. Tom has assured me that there is no special event on the 12th and that the bar/restaurant will be open. If so, I plan to be there if I wake up [my birthday is on Saturday, the 11th; my wife and I plan to celebrate it on the TCrawl bus; I may not be in super good shape Sun morn]. If any of you make it for lunch, be sure to say hi, and happy birthday, to the guy in the longshoreman's cap at the offshore end of the bar.

Hmmm, this is an interesting development, as the management told us that they were busy that day. Probably just a simple mis-communication. I'll look into it, maybe we can get them back on the schedule for Sunday.

On 2009-06-29 21:57, mrsmiley wrote:
Tiki Toms.....Maybe they just didn't want Mrsmiley to show up so they made up some excuse about not being to host the Tiki crawlers! :wink:

Ah, that must be it!

Oh, and hey, two birthdays on The Crawl this year! This is going to be good - start resting your livers for birthday drinks!

MT

Okay, here are some Tiki Crawl updates.

Tiki Tom's is back on the schedule for Sunday July 12th at noonish. Go there for brunch! :D

Trader Vic's is showing the love for the Tiki Central Ohana, by offering up some specials. Trader Vic's Emeryville will be offering up the specially priced buffet like last year, and $6 Mai Tais, plus a special little treat as a gift for all you Tiki Crawlers. Trader Vic's Palo Alto will offer happy hour prices of $5 for Ribs, Pizza, and the Chef's Appetizer, $6 Calamari, as well as a specially happy hour priced platter of Calamari, Ribs, Pork Sesame, Crab Rangoon, Cripsy Prawns & Spring rolls! On top of that, TV Palo Alto will also be offering $6 Mai Tais, as well as a special where you can order a Mai Tai and keep the new 75th anniversary glass for a total of $14!

It's my understanding that Friday will be the birthday of TV Palo Alto's manager, Servanne, so make sure to buy her a birthday Mai Tai for all of the wonderful specials that she and John Allan have extended to us - make sure to buy a drink for John at TV Emeryville as well! :D

MT

Rooms are still available at the Hawthorne Suites on Webster Street in Alameda. Make sure to call them at (510) 522-1000 and give them the Coupon Code: TIKICRAWL9 to get a discount on your room. We only have a certain number of rooms at the discounted rate, so make sure you hurry before the discounted rooms, and all of the room in general, are gone!!!

UB

On 2009-06-29 20:52, Jungle Trader wrote:

On 2009-06-29 18:06, mrsmiley wrote:

There are certain people that may want to spank you so I'll pack my inflatable buttocks just in case.

Someone told me , to commemorate this year's Tiki crawl, you carved a Tiki vagina?
You Da Man!

I don't think Hanford or Mai Tai would want a commemorative vagina. But all ya' gotta do is look at a flower underwater. Jeez!

MT

Looks like Unga has already kicked off the crawl, and started drinking without us!

UB

Does that mean you're gonna charge me for an extra bus ticket?

MT

No, just your liver donor. :wink:

N

On 2009-06-29 21:14, chiwito wrote:
There seems to be a slight error on the T Crawl schedule. The original schedule called for Sunday lunch at Tiki Tom's. The "correction" said that the lunch had to be postponed because TT's will be closed for a private event. Tom has assured me that there is no special event on the 12th and that the bar/restaurant will be open.

Is this the current status of the Sunday Brunch? The Tiki Crawl Schedule page still says it's a no go. Anyone?

MT

Tiki Tom's is definitely back on the schedule - they will be on Sunday's leg of The Crawl at noonish. Go there for brunch! :D We just confirmed everything with Tiki Tom's last night, and Hanford hasn't updated The Crawl schedule yet to reflect this. It should be updated soon, hopefully today.

I'll go ahead and bump the other Tiki Crawl updates that I posted yesterday here as well, so they will be at the top of this page for everyone to see.

Trader Vic's is showing the love for the Tiki Central Ohana, by offering up some specials. Trader Vic's Emeryville will be offering up the specially priced buffet like last year, and $6 Mai Tais, plus a special little treat as a gift for all you Tiki Crawlers. Trader Vic's Palo Alto will offer happy hour prices of $5 for Ribs, Pizza, and the Chef's Appetizer, $6 Calamari, as well as a specially happy hour priced platter of Calamari, Ribs, Pork Sesame, Crab Rangoon, Cripsy Prawns & Spring rolls! On top of that, TV Palo Alto will also be offering $6 Mai Tais, as well as a special where you can order a Mai Tai and keep the new 75th anniversary glass for a total of $14!

It's my understanding that Friday will be the birthday of TV Palo Alto's manager, Servanne, so make sure to buy her a birthday Mai Tai for all of the wonderful specials that she and John Allan have extended to us - make sure to buy a drink for John at TV Emeryville as well! :D

MT

Rooms are still available at the Hawthorne Suites on Webster Street in Alameda. Make sure to call them at (510) 522-1000 and give them the Coupon Code: TIKICRAWL9 to get a discount on your room. We only have a certain number of rooms at the discounted rate, so make sure you hurry before the discounted rooms, and all of the room in general, are gone!!!

C

On 2009-07-04 13:24, Mai Tai wrote:
Tiki Tom's is definitely back on the schedule - they will be on Sunday's leg of The Crawl at noonish. Go there for brunch! :D We just confirmed everything with Tiki Tom's last night, and Hanford hasn't updated The Crawl schedule yet to reflect this. It should be updated soon, hopefully today.

The Crawl website isn't updated yet, but Tiki Tom's is definitely expecting us [well, they're always expecting me, but that day they'll be expecting the rest of us as well]. They open around 11 a.m. and they don't normally have much of a brunch menu [dunno if they've arranged anything different with the crawl orgaizers] but they always do good lunches.

yes, there was some conflicting information regarding Tiki Tom's availability but I've updated the schedule to reflect what's going on. Tiki Tom's is back on the schedule for lunch before Forbidden Island's playdoh throwdown on Sunday. Sorry for the confusion.

Mahalo!

WooHoooo! Four more days :)

M

Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose, and I will be arriving that evening at SFO.
Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

I am Birthday Thirsty!

On 2009-07-08 08:58, mrsmiley wrote:
Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose. Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

You better slow your roll. She already be hooked up....

I am Birthday Thirsty!

but, happiest b-day ever. We've got your star performances from KOFY TV20 Dance Party on a loop, here at Lund Manor, in your honor. :)

On 2009-07-08 10:27, Haole'akamai wrote:

Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose. Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

You better slow your roll. She already be hooked up....

Yeah!!!! I mean..."oof."

WooHoo!! Only 2 more days. Soccertiki and I fly into Oakland Friday Morning.

M

Some food and bar recommendations here;
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11299&forum=16&46

Call first to verify business is still open.

MT

Rumor has it that an army of mugs is amassing. Looks like they want to take over!!!

Watch out for their fearless leader, he's a madman!!!

I'm heading over to Forbidden Island in a little bit, to start the pre Crawl festivites. See ya there! Can you believe that the Tiki Crawl is here? Who's thirsty???

Mrs. Smiley! Loved your suggestions! Here's one of mine...

Another point of interest some of you might like to see is a restaurant in downtown San Francisco called Le Colonial. It's located on Trader Vic Way and Cosmo Place. The building is the original Trader Vic's in San Francisco. (NOT Hinky Dink's). Although it's a Vietnamese-Euro restaurant now, you might enjoy seeing the architecture and imagining how it once was Trader Vic's, taking your photo under the Trader Vic's Lane sign and stopping in for an exotic cocktail. (Yes, they do have some exotic cocktails... or did, last time I was there.)

Looking forward to crawling with all of you! (Yes, Whoohoo and Soccer Tiki, I'll BE THERE.) Much Aloha! ~ Kari

MT

And we're off and running... er, ummm, I mean, crawlin'!

At this pace, we'll actually be physically crawling come Saturday evening!

P.S. I loved your suggestions too, Mrs Miley. :P Ahhhhh, that one never gets old!

How cool. I can't wait to see you all Saturday night.....You're right Mai Tai. That Army of mugs does look ready to take over the world.....or at least my home bar.

On 2009-07-09 00:56, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

Looking forward to crawling with all of you! (Yes, Whoohoo and Soccer Tiki, I'll BE THERE.)

. WooooooooHooooooooooo!!

S

On 2009-07-09 01:20, Mai Tai wrote:
And we're off and running... er, ummm, I mean, crawlin'!

I'm borrowin' this one because I've just gotta say it:

WOOOO HOOOOOO!

Suzanne

MT

Hello, my name is Mai Tai, and I will be your Crawl director.

This beer swilling fellow is none other that Tiki Central's owner and resident genius, Hanford Lemoore.

I am pleased to announce this year's Tiki Crawl offical mascot and Cat Herder, Midnite.

Look for us at your friendly neighborhood leg of the The Tiki Crawl!!! Feel free to come up and introduce yourself, if you're new to The Crawl. We'll make sure that Midnite gets you a name tag. See you at Trad'r Sam's!!!

East Bay Saturday. YAY!

Crazy Cat Lady duties are preventing me from crawling today. boo HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

On 2009-07-09 17:44, Haole'akamai wrote:
Crazy Cat Lady duties are preventing me from crawling today. boo HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Get you duties done! Tomorrow we can WooHoo :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 144 replies