Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kiki von Tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

The Chinese lantern purse is so cute and I love, love, love the tiki skirt.

Fabulous!!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:36 ]

Dig your style KVT!
Me thinks the flowers will do very well
at Oasis too.

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:37 ]

B

Kiki,

It's going to be great fun posting up next to you at Oasis....Let's PARTY!!

Love the new threads!!!

I'll harass Big Toe to PM you!
Western hawaiian Shirt yoke stylee!
love the detail you put on that Tangaroa piece!
soo cute!

lookin forward to the Sadie Hawkins Boxing Extravaganza after the vending!
Gotta go!
Pappy's a hollerin
and he's been drinkin moonshine all day!
Alferd must've gotten loose!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:38 ]

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:38 ]

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:39 ]

Fancy! what do you mean yur gonna stop? just making that style of purses??? are you going to focus on custom clothes I need more information about thay mysterious statement

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:33 ]

Hi KIKI,the bags are beautiful, love the shape and great material, well done!

Amy

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:34 ]

very cool and very creative,Aloha, Mooney

This Moai is really great! Really nice design. and the skirt style is classic yet modern, at the same time. Lovely job. :)

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:35 ]

Never commissioned a PURSE before, but I think Deb would surely dig one o' yers, Christmastime. GOOD STUFF, girlfriend!

-Andy

M
mp posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 6:27 PM

Kiki, the purses look awesome. A well crafted look too, I might add.
Beautiful!

look Slowly into the Circle...
Relax...
breathe Deep....

you WILL buy Kiki's purses!
You will but them all!
You will crave her wonderfully cute skirts....
Kiki is your best friend....
:lol:

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:36 ]

Extremely solid work, Kiki. The pics make me want one for myself!?

Very Cool Kiki! Dig your style!
Great seeing you at Tonga Hut!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-12-03 13:32 ]

Karrol, keep pumpin' out the hits! Congrats on the TikiTalk nod.

Mike

B

yahoooo. congrats on the TT feature!

and i am totally geeked about my kustom kiki!

XO, toesy

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-10-16 08:31 ]

Kiki on Tiki Talk!
YAY!
Can't wait to see "the Toe" all cleaned up
in his purdy new shirt!

M
mp posted on Thu, Oct 22, 2009 10:24 PM

Kiki, Cant wait to see your new work. I know its gonna be sweeeeeeeeet! MP

I'm ducking out of here, guys. Just wanted to say thanks for the words of support throughout this endeavour. You all mean a lot to me.

Out?!? Why??? Are you leaving us???

I'll be around, I'm just not going to be posting my stuff here. Everything is on my blog and etsy store - I've found that works better for me.

H

Why can't you keep posting your goods here too? The wider net you cast...

So what happened? Something happened or someone made you really mad to edit and delete every one of your posts.......? I know I was really enjoying your posts and am going to miss seeing your work. Good luck.

:-?

TM

Kiki Von Tiki was one of the coolest people on this forums. I can't speak for her, but I have also considered not posting any more, many times! Usually people like me start to realize that not all artists are treated with respect on this forum by other artists. That there can be very clique-Y behavior, and if you are not one of the Kool Kids, you won't get any respect even if you are also a good artist.

I don't want to make this about me, per se, but there are a lot of great artists and musicians who have left and never came back. Perhaps the people that drive them out might think about that once and a while!

I stay because I have learned to ignore and never reply to any of the kool Kids. For example, they refuse to support my band (which has been on the Tiki scene since 2003) by even once saying something nice like, "Have a good show guys, but sorry I can't make it this friday"...nope! It's a total boycott because they "don't like Hawaiian music"...

Whatever. I am not a huge fan of some of the genre's they are involved in either (like low brow, hot rod art or cartoons), but that does not mean I don't respect their talent and SAY SO PUBLICALLY.

Regardless, I just ignore them and do my own thing. I know I have talent, and I know I am a good musician. I just have needed to learn that the Kool Kids opinions don't matter to me. Yes, they used to. One time, I went hat in hand asking them in PMs for some support on this forum, only to be snubbed and ignored by them and their groupies, and later to see them enthusiastically throw thier support to other musicians who are their personal friends. It sucks, because I always believed in the concept of an artist's community, where unless a person is a talentless hack, the other artists support each other!

I hope that's not the situation for Kiki. I like her, miss her and think she is good people!

Come back, Kiki!

didn't all the "Kool kids" leave and make their own private forum? so are we not now getting picked on by the "kool kid" wanna be's

TM

On 2010-01-11 16:06, Sophista-tiki wrote:
didn't all the "Kool kids" leave and make their own private forum? so are we not now getting picked on by the "kool kid" wanna be's

No, the Kool Kids are still here. They are probably some of the most famous artists on this forum. I am not one of them, nor do I ever want to be.

As I say, I used to care about their opinions and their support...not anymore. Could not give two craps, actually. I am just wondering what would it take for a nice person like Kiki Von Tiki to leave this forum, and publically say so. And as I said before, she is not the only person to leave in the past who was a valuable contributor. For example, whatever happened to Cherry Capri, Vintage Girl and King Kukulele? Huh?

"artists community". That means the artists need to support each other. My band (for example) could have used their support, from time to time. Kiki was an artist, too. I just speculating why she left, and comparing it to my own experience. You know, the whole "because I make humorous anti-hippy posts no artist will say something nice about my band" kind of a thing.

One example of how I feel: I was not too happy at some of the comments Elvis Costello has made in the past, especially regarding Ray Charles....but Elvis Costello IS a very talented man...let's try and separate the art from the personality and maybe we can get along better!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-01-11 16:28 ]

R

I agree with Dawny on this.

The "Kool Kids" is just all in your heard there Lucas.

And way to go in not making this about you.

Oh and showing that you don't care what others think......even tho you took the time to use Kiki's thread as a basis of some bone you wanna pick with the world.

Now stop hijacking Kiki's thread, leave her alone, she said why she left, no use beating a dead horse.

The End.

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies