Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

DIY bar guy

Pages: 1 40 replies

I want a tiki bar. Have no idea what I'm doing. Gonna do it anyway. Should be a fun ride.

M

That's the right attitude!
Good luck and keep the pics coming.

On 2009-04-21 12:40, Murph wrote:
That's the right attitude!
Good luck and keep the pics coming.

Life is either an adventure, or nothing. Give me some splinters.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have no real idea what I'm doing, but I'm having a blast. I'll post some pics soon.

On 2009-04-21 14:06, Slacks Ferret wrote:
I'm in the exact same boat. I have no real idea what I'm doing, but I'm having a blast. I'll post some pics soon.

Hey that gives me an idea! I'll build a boat around it too!!

That's sure to turn a few heads. :D

Hey Johnny, have fun!!!
For my basement room, I planned out what I want it too look like and am learning alot as I go. That's is most of the fun for me :)
John

On 2009-04-21 15:17, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
Hey Johnny, have fun!!!
For my basement room, I planned out what I want it too look like and am learning alot as I go. That's is most of the fun for me :)
John

Cool. All my plans are in my head. Which my wife think's I've totally lost!!

The good thing about it being in the basement is that my wife can pretend it's not even there until it's done. Although she's coming around now that she realizes I intend to finish it. :wink:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28247&forum=18&102

I think this is how you do it... Gotta use the duct tape too.

[ Edited by: Johnny Atomic 2009-04-22 08:36 ]

Found some bamboo fencing at da Hoam Deep'o for 50 bucks...

I didn't know one could find bamboo at Home Depot. Great find and a very nice looking bar so far.

On 2009-04-23 10:24, tikifarm wrote:
I didn't know one could find bamboo at Home Depot. Great find and a very nice looking bar so far.

It's in the fencing area. 4'x 6' roll for $49.95

I cut it to fit and now have 100 little bamboo sticks. I think I'll make wind chimes with them.

A little stain. And cut some holes for the roof. Found some big poles for the trim but it was a chore since most where split in places. What is up with that?

[ Edited by: Johnny Atomic 2009-04-24 09:59 ]

It's looking great!

On 2009-04-24 10:49, littlegiles wrote:
It's looking great!

Thanks! I'm pretty proud considering I have no idea what I'm doing. A lot like my life.

Yea! Who needs plans?? Duct Tape can do ANYTHING!
Sweet!

[ Edited by: Hau 'oli Tiki 2009-04-26 10:19 ]

Trying to build a roof. Color copied some images from some sites and varnished over them...

D

I love the images varnished into the bar - always thought that was cool.

Good luck! keep up the good work!

dcman

Okay here's most of the hard work. Gotta start on the lights and such...

M

Lookin' good.

L

Doing a fine job on that bar guy!

Braddah, You have inspired me to build a bar!! Really nice job!! I don't have much room but out on the lanai there is a corner that one could fit..
Running inside to refill the mai tai tiki's is getting old...
Thanks for the pics..

On 2009-04-29 18:06, beachbumz wrote:
Braddah, You have inspired me to build a bar!! Really nice job!! I don't have much room but out on the lanai there is a corner that one could fit..
Running inside to refill the mai tai tiki's is getting old...
Thanks for the pics..

Thanks! I have a postage stamp sized backyard but I didn't let it stop me. Of course my wife thinks I've completely lost my mind. But wives do that anyway.

D
dcman posted on Thu, Apr 30, 2009 3:22 AM

My wife too, but she felt better about it all when I made her a drink......

dcman

Nice job on that bar!!!! Hope that Uke's not just for show.....

Nice...you made it look easy!

M

Bar looks awesome!

T

Did you level the ground in front of the bar...you wouldn't what anybody doing a header into the bar!!!!

On 2009-06-15 09:13, Trestiki wrote:
Did you level the ground in front of the bar...you wouldn't what anybody doing a header into the bar!!!!

Meh. It's not MY head.

Gonna get me a shed from Lowes and put my bar in it

The base

Walls

Kool
How big will the space be?

On 2017-04-27 12:33, hang10tiki wrote:
Kool
How big will the space be?

The shed is 8x12 so 100 sq ft inside. Will add a front deck maybe later.

H

Whenever I see these sheds, I think about how it would be perfect to make a tiki hut of of them. If I didn't already have a hut this would be exactly what I would do. Keep us posted with progress pictures.

On 2017-04-27 23:05, hiltiki wrote:
Whenever I see these sheds, I think about how it would be perfect to make a tiki hut of of them. If I didn't already have a hut this would be exactly what I would do. Keep us posted with progress pictures.

There's a big trend now with converting sheds to "he sheds" or "she sheds." Kinda in the man cave genre.

In England they call them pub sheds.

Rafters

Finished outside before paiting

Inside work

Some roofing

[ Edited by: johnny atomic 2017-05-19 13:27 ]

Pages: 1 40 replies