Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Help with puppy naming... yes, again.

Pages: 1 20 replies

So I noticed that this has been done before, and before, and even before. Once more can't hurt can it?

I just took ownership of a 9wk old American Staffordshire Terrier. He's all black, except for a small white patch on his chest. I don't think he'll get that big, as both parents were under 75lbs. I want to give him a tiki-ish name, but I want it to be a strong one. I have Google searched far and wide, and have it narrowed down to three names. I am curious what you all like, or if you have other suggestions?

The names I have zeroed-in on are:
Hoku- which means "star" since he's got the white patch.
Matai- which means "black pine" due to his color.
Rongo- the riki god of Peace since everyone fears these types of dogs.

I've been wanting a dog for a long time, and I figured now was a good time for me.

LongPig!

"Ruff"les

BoBo

Blackie

Pup-PEH!

:lol:

what a cutie!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 24, 2009 10:24 AM

Puddles.

Ono

LT

Ono'iliopoopapoi

T
  1. 'Llio

2. Edgar

I just noticed Ken just beat me to the 'llio reference - except mine is minus the poop reference!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2009-04-24 11:21 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 24, 2009 11:32 AM

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Omigosh..he's adoreable!

I like "Matai" that's on your list.

Add "Ikaika" to it. Ikaika Matai. Nice. :)

My ilio's name IS 'Ele Ilio..Black Dog. Most people think it's "Ellie" and it's a girl, so it's okay. I don't think if you call this little guy 'Ele it would work for him. But Matai is good!

Lol, I wonder if Humuhumunukunukuapuaa would even fit on a single dog tag?

CJ

Reign votes for "Buddy" since she had an am staff that passed away 2 years ago that looked a lot like yours.

D

i'm partial to Rongo ~ your pup's a cutie!

(i'd name my next pup Rongo, except i use a command "wrong" instead of "no" for obedience training.. so that might confuse mine)

He is definitely a cutie. I like MaiTai...everyone will remember his name!!! Of course when you serve drinks at your home and everyone is asking for a Mai Tai he might be running all over the place trying to figure out who is calling him. :)

T

Spot

Fido

MANGO !

MANGO
MANDOG
DOGMANGO
MANDINGO
DOGMANGO
DOGDINGO
DINGOMANGO?

Kahuna :)

"Lono"

Sweet looking pup Mango. I am glad to see you have a new best friend!!
Rock On Bro!

Thanks for the suggestions all. I really felt that I needed a pup to help me grow some new roots here in FL. I think I am going with "Ikaika Matai" (thanks TikiShopPua) as his registered name, and Matai for his everyday, common name. New pups are great... chewing things they aren't suppose to chew, whining at all hours of the night because they miss their brothers and sisters... great stuff!

"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

On 2009-04-25 12:31, TikiMango wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions all. I really felt that I needed a pup to help me grow some new roots here in FL. I think I am going with "Ikaika Matai" (thanks TikiShopPua) as his registered name, and Matai for his everyday, common name. New pups are great... chewing things they aren't suppose to chew, whining at all hours of the night because they miss their brothers and sisters... great stuff!

Ahhh...Ho'omaika'i! Ikaika Matai..a good, strong name. Many, happy doggie days to both of you!

Pua

go through the previous lists and pick one that wans't used ...

I would've suggested --

"KINGSFORD"

('Cause he looks like a BBQ briquet...! :) )

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2009-04-27 21:31 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies