Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pinups U TUBE VIDEO is UP !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

T

Were backkkk...Jen (Little Wahine) and I are creating another show and bringing it to (Changed to the Bahooka restaraunt )on July 25th .We will have 12 vendors , surf bands and plenty O pinups ..
Right now we are creating flyers and promo stuff so keep your eyes peeled for more info . We just wanted to get the word out ASAP.
Mahalos,Tiki-Ray

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-06-28 16:09 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-07-14 09:03 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-07-14 10:49 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Ray 2009-07-20 12:34 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-07-20 12:35 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-07-29 22:32 ]

T
TNT posted on Fri, May 22, 2009 6:53 PM

Yeah! Sounds cool - see ya there

T

This sounds like FUN !

On 2009-07-14 09:11, TIKI-RAY wrote:

Just so you dont have to look at all 7 pages we bumped this in to give you all the updated info .Since the beginning we had location , vendor and pinup changes so heres the deal on the new flyers being distributed . We had a list of backup vendors and 2 dropped out from the begining . One was added to the flyers and Tiki Tony was added while I was away in Oahu .Dont forget to call ahead and make dinner reservations for that night . It should be packed . Maybe we should start a roll call list . Who will be there ????????

surf bands?
feh!
:roll:

me DJing? you sure you want people to be there?
thanks Ray.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-07-16 10:37 ]

Ray, this sounds fun! I'm puttin it on my calendar right now!

were close so sounds like a plan.

Hello again! You guys all ready for number II?
Ray and I will be posting more info soon :)

[ Edited by: lil wahine 2009-06-30 12:10 ]

I'm there, what bands are playing?

T

Were having a problem with one of the bandmembers replying and committing to the event . We should hear from him soon .We want to get the whole shebang booked so we can finish the flyers . Jen did a great job on the banner she just posted .As soon as we know for sure it will be posted .
Oh, and Im excited to say that my first tiki mug will be debuted at this show . Im used to having one of my designs come to life in 3D in tiki form but now its being reproduced into a tiki mug . SWEEEET !

On 2009-05-26 09:38, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Were having a problem with one of the bandmembers replying and committing to the event . We should hear from him soon .We want to get the whole shebang booked so we can finish the flyers . Jen did a great job on the banner she just posted .As soon as we know for sure it will be posted .
Oh, and Im excited to say that my first tiki mug will be debuted at this show . Im used to having one of my designs come to life in 3D in tiki form but now its being reproduced into a tiki mug . SWEEEET !

I went to the last one you did, and it was a blast! Once these people see how many pin-up girls you have walking around, they will commit! Believe me!!

This one will be differnt . This time the models will be walking around on their hands or riding unicycles while juggling flaming coconuts .

We love Honolulu Harry's and it will be a great place for this event. Only problem may be choosing between this and the Tiki Luau Nights at the Egyptian Theater.....

J
JOBU posted on Tue, May 26, 2009 10:49 PM

That sucks...although not TIKI related but the Comic Con in San Diego is that weekend too.

T

One band down and one to go. Also, Jeff the big tiki surf band playing dude will mix it up between sets . Be there, or you will be somewhere else I guess .

Babes and Bands,
why would anybody want to be anywhere else?

I will mix it up, as usual.
Hawaiian, Exotoica, and Surf.

Thanks Ray and Jen.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Right on Ray! I wouldn't miss it especially since Tiki-Ray's NEW TIKI FARM MUG will making it's Grand Debt am I right Ray? I saw a couple tests of the mug and it's CRAZY AWESOME!! So be there, it's gonna be GOOD TIMES! Very GOOD Times!

Yep..Ray's mug is lookin sweeet! The Eliminators will be playing around 9pm but get there early cause if it's like our last show the place may be at it's max by then :) Thanks Jeff! you rock!

[ Edited by: lil wahine 2009-05-28 11:45 ]

[ Edited by: lil wahine 2009-06-30 12:10 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 28, 2009 9:55 AM

Hey Lil Cute Wahine, last time you were the prettiest girl there. Are you going to dress up pinup style?

Ha! I agree.....!!

But, also Laney and Atomickitty were there.....and they were easily as gorgeous as the pin up girls!

Tiki Ray, you have your hands full!!!!

awww..thanks grog :) I think dressin up is a must for this one :wink:

Stop by The Eliminators My Space page for a sample of what you will be hearing.
http://www.myspace.com/theeliminatorssurfband

TT

On 2009-05-26 22:49, JOBU wrote:
That sucks...although not TIKI related but the Comic Con in San Diego is that weekend too.

The what?

TM

I can't explain why, but I love your username, "tuna Tiki"....I have no idea what it means, of course...but it's great!!

(The poster is talking about the comic convention. A bunch of dorks walking around with a bunch of other dorks!!)

Lets see, on one hand we have a room full of pin up girls, on the other hand, a room full of people dressed in comic book costumes, (and probably none of them are female....hmmmmmmm, that's such a hard choice to make!!!!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2009-05-28 16:08 ]

J
JOBU posted on Fri, May 29, 2009 12:17 AM

What the hell? What's with the attack?
Apparently you never been to the Comic Con to make stupid accusations like that.
Comic Con is the biggest pop culture event in the world. There are over thousands of artists and vendors at this show, selling everthing from paintings to T-Shirts. Every motion picture studio from the majors to the small independents are there promoting their films. I support all artists wether it is tiki, comics or horror but I guess someone who use the word "dork" wouldn't understand that. As for the women, here's a pic from one of last year's party at the Hard Rock...

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 29, 2009 12:28 AM

Dudes, you're derailing the thread. Discuss the comic con somewhere else. This thread is about the Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pinup show.

Newbies. :roll:

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-05-29 00:39 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 29, 2009 5:04 AM

Where's da pinups?!

We want PROOF!

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 29, 2009 9:15 AM

Here pics of purty ladies from previous Tikis and Pinups show.

Cute Lil Wahine and Crazy Al (she's a very Li'l Wahine, her hed is half the size of Al's)

Laney is the lady left.

Dayna Deluxe on the right.

Poor Tiki-Ray, I don't think he enjoyed the event all.

Atomikitty vamping it up.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-05-29 09:17 ]

I'm not one for tequila..but I'm diggin some Tequila Worms :wink: These guys are in!! If you haven't heard them you can check out there music at http://www.thetequilaworms.com

can't wait to see your art Grog!!

TT

JOBU, no personal attach intended. Sorry if you took it that way. I was thinking along the same lines as lucas vigor. As far as Tuna Tiki, Bamboo Ben give me that name when we were working on Frankie's. I post on other forums as Tunaslayer, a nick name a fishing buddy gave me years ago.

Hope this explains everything, and again JOBU, sorry.

Now like Grog said lets get back to talking about pin-up girls.

TM

On 2009-05-29 14:00, Tuna Tiki wrote:
JOBU, no personal attach intended. Sorry if you took it that way. I was thinking along the same lines as lucas vigor. As far as Tuna Tiki, Bamboo Ben give me that name when we were working on Frankie's. I post on other forums as Tunaslayer, a nick name a fishing buddy gave me years ago.

Hope this explains everything, and again JOBU, sorry.

Now like Grog said lets get back to talking about pin-up girls.

I think he thought it was me "attacking"....I really wasn't...someone is a bit too sensitve!!!!

We were actually laughing about the comic conventions with some co-workers the same day I posted it, so it was in my mind at the time. (I have a friend at work seriously into comics, star wars, star trek, etc...always giving him a hard time about it!)

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 29, 2009 4:44 PM

Seems lik you guys could jibber jabber all this in PMs rather than continuing to derail the thread.

Vote DAILY for GROG' niece:
http://tinyurl.com/p8nojd

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-05-29 16:46 ]

TM

Grog right, as usual. I just did not want anyone to think I was being serious! Lucas Vigor try to behave from now on!

Heres one for Cammo to tide him over ....

here's a sneak peek at a few of our models...

Pin Ups,
Eliminators, and
Tequila Worms,
this is gonna be a sweet gig.

I think my head may explode,
but I will try to focus on my duties.
:o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-05-29 16:44, GROG wrote:
Seems lik you guys could jibber jabber all this in PMs rather than continuing to derail the thread.

Your kidding right?
Didn't we vote you King of de-rail? Or was that Kenny?

Oh I get it...when it comes to pin-ups, Grog all business...

T

This just in .......we thought we would spice up this pinup show with an art show also . Check out the lineup .

Tiki Diablo
Crazy Al
Kirby
Nelsons Tiki Hut
Go Tiki
Shannon Brooke
Jeremy Melton
JMV FOTO
Tiki Farm
Sorella
Piracy Creations
Tiki Ray
Bosko just wrote me that he couldnt do the show now as he has a family obligation to tend to but he said he will send some door prizes . I hope they are not too good or Im keeping them all for myself .

I'd love to go this but I'm on the other side of the state and it's the same day as Sacramento's Midnight Mass Hot Rod Show (hot rods, hot girls, and rockabilly - another can't lose proposition).

And to show that Tiki and comics aren't mutually exclusive:

There's more where those came from.

Will you be charging for us to sniff the top of the tiki's from the photo shoot?

I will give you $5 right now!!!!!!!

CAN YOU DIG THAT?

T

Sorry Rory, but the girls were pretty explicit when they said they were only interested in MEN ......OUCH !

WHY RAY,WHY!!!!!!!!!

T

Here is one of the tikis Im bringing ...

I cant wait to debut the whole thing .

Ray you tease us like the pin-up girls do.

Love the detail work in that one, nice.

It's a hit with me!!!!!

so what is the time frame for this event?

what time do I need to be there?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

We are having a meeting to finalize details so we can finish the flyer with all info . We had a hiccup to deal with and we are addressing it tonight .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies