Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pinups U TUBE VIDEO is UP !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

Looking forward to it!!!

Tiki-Ray - Can you list the hotel info??? Mahalo!

On 2009-06-11 14:36, TIKI-RAY wrote:
We are having a meeting to finalize details so we can finish the flyer with all info . We had a hiccup to deal with and we are addressing it tonight .

ok cool,
thanks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hotel info for sure not that I can't make the drive home at 2 a.m. I just like the party :D I wouldn't miss it Ray!

Hey everyone! I know we've left you guys hangin with details...we ran into some problems with the venue. We were all set to sign the contract with this place and management throws in a $15,000 rental fee!! After Ray and I picked our jaws up off the floor we agreed we should move this to a larger venue..and one with a little more sanity :wink: We're negotiating right now and we'll let everyone know as soon as we confirm. We promise you won't be disappointed..it will be bigger and better!!

YAY!!
I"M DOWN WITH THAT!!!
:) :)

Sorry for the delay everyone..we've got our new location locked in! BAHOOKA in Rosemead is the new spot for the show :) It will be a little earlier also..from 3pm to 11pm. We'll be posting flyers soon with all the details!

TM

On 2009-06-22 20:27, lil wahine wrote:
Sorry for the delay everyone..we've got our new location locked in! BAHOOKA in Rosemead is the new spot for the show :) It will be a little earlier also..from 3pm to 11pm. We'll be posting flyers soon with all the details!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2009-06-22 20:27, lil wahine wrote:

Lil Wahine,
sent you a PM. forgot your e-mail addy.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Well, its been a quest but the good people at the Bahooka are letting us party in their polynesian establishment . We couldnt put out any info because when the manager of Honolulu Harrys tried to get $1500 from us at the last minute . We had to buckle and look elsewhere . Sorry, but we just didnt want to charge $150.00 per person at the door . Jen is working on the flyers and all will be announced really soon . We hope to see you all at the show . Even Daves not Home .

T

Oh yeah , I forgot this.....

T

Heres a few more of the pinups ...

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jun 25, 2009 11:39 PM

Ray, so sorry I cannot be there to view your art and the inspiration for your photos live and in person. Maybe you can arrange for a bus/caravan road trip to Tiki Oasis later!?!

I will be with you guys at Bahooka in spirit(s)

T

Well an announcement was made last night to all at the Tikiyaki show that Jen and my tiki show has officially been moved to the Bahooka Restaraunt in Rosemead . Some people that saw me werent sure because we had to scramble to find a new venue . Anyways, I just wanted to make that clear as mud .

But the real reason Im writing is because Bosko was one of the first vendors to confirm that he would be there but as time went on he contacted me that he must go with his family to Europe unexpectedly to visit an elderly relative . He said that he felt horrible because he really wanted to attend this event . He said he would send a doorprize in his absense and I said it wasnt necessary but he did anyways . I fiqured he might send one of his incredible mugs or something but UPS showed up at my door the other night so now I have to fiqure out how to give away this 12" hx12"w triangular Moai he sent over carved,finished and stamped by the master himself . Im sure we can come up with something but how about some ideas from all of you about giving this away to someone at the show. There is only one of these to give away and your lucky Im so honest because I want this for myself .

Very Cool,
that's nice of you Bosko.
can't wait for this event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!!!

cool deal,
Jeff(btd)

Bosko Rules! Nice! I'd dig having this! Sounds like a Great event Tiki-Ray I'm happy it's going to be at the Bahooka after all. There is tons of talent involved in the show and I look forward to it. There is NO other show like it kudos to you Ray sounds fun, and I need some fun going on!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-06-29 16:30 ]

HEEEEY RAY!! Lookin forward to the show! Here's a taste of some of the goods!!

On 2009-06-29 20:45, nelsonstikihut wrote:

People better come with loads of cash....those are gonna go fast!!!!

Lookin forward to the show!

On 2009-06-29 21:04, Tiki Kiniki wrote:

People better come with loads of cash....those are gonna go fast!!!!

Got a few more up my sleeve!

L

Those lamps are awesome!

Thank you thank you! We do custom work too!

Hopefully more of the vendors will post soon but Ill be bringing two newer tikis Ive done . Heres a New Guinea style favorite of mine .

And of course we need a wild tiki to stand by the band so heres my screaming tiki I finished .

Man, just look at the tounge !

OH MY!!! look at that tongue!

Oooo..I love these! I can't wait to see more art from all the vendors..you guys are amazing! Let's see more pics! Ray..you have been blessed by the tiki gods with some crazy talent :)

Here's a few pieces from my side of the hut!

This sounds great, Hand Grenades for everyone.

H

This will be a great time!! Come on out to the Bahooka everybody!!
I'll be selling my hand-made resin jewelry and accessories.

*Watch by Happy Chi Jewelry and art inside beads by Doug Horne

[ Edited by: happychi 2009-07-01 18:03 ]

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jul 1, 2009 6:57 PM

This is gonna be an awesome event .. The last one was realy fun, and I was honored to carve the official Tiki pendant for TTPP #1, And TikiRay was kind enough to let me carve this years as well. I will have a limited number of these available at the show,sum with the custom paint job and sum without.

P.S.Ray those tikis are off the hook!!

I love seeing all the artist "Goodies" posted. This is gonna be a gas of a show Ray

On 2009-07-01 18:57, kirby wrote:
This is gonna be an awesome event .. The last one was realy fun, and I was honored to carve the official Tiki pendant for TTPP #1, And TikiRay was kind enough to let me carve this years as well. I will have a limited number of these available at the show,sum with the custom paint job and sum without.

P.S.Ray those tikis are off the hook!!

VERY COOL!!!!!!! Can't wait for this show!

T

Badass necklace there Kirby . You should sell out . What else are you bringing ????

T

Hey folks, I just wanted to put the word out that I wont be posting much for awhile . Cindy and I are packing our bags and headed for a 10 day expedition to Sandwich Island #3. We are bringing our Tikiyaki flight bag and everything else . We are doing extensive tiki research in the field.
If you have any questions about the show , contact Lil wahine(Jen) at [email protected]. Ill only have my blackberry so I wont be able to post more tiki/wahines for awhile. See ya when I see ya, Ray

Ray,
have a good trip, and thanks for asking me to DJ.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

GT

This is going to be a fun event, Come out and get some cool art, Great food and drinks! Here is a couple of pictures of some pin-up ceramic art I'm working on for the show:

Thank You, Cindy and Ray

R

On 2009-05-22 09:30, TIKI-RAY wrote:

Were backkkk...Jen (Little Wahine) and I are creating another show and bringing it to Honolulu Harry's restaraunt in Chino on July 25th, 2009. It is located on Central Ave. and the 60 freeway right next to the westbound onramp so you can find it easy. We will have 12 vendors , surf bands and plenty O pinups .It has polynesian decor including a water wall and lava rock. Plus the food is great . There is a Motel 6 in the same parking lot in case you want to crash there afterwards . Hell, we even put a Denny's in the same parking lot just for you for breakfast .
Right now we are creating flyers and promo stuff so keep your eyes peeled for more info . We just wanted to get the word out ASAP.
Mahalos,Tiki-Ray

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2009-06-28 16:09 ]

this looks like fun and now I have another excuse to go to the Bahooka- SWEET!

• Rosered
T

Cindy and I are having a great time on our tiki expedition in Oahu. We've been doing the usual swimming, snorkleing and shopping as well. I went fishing today but the boat got skunked but 1 Aussie hooked up with a blue marlin but it got loose. Holden met us at Dukes in Waikiki for dinner last night and we are all going to the Polynesian Cultural center on Saturday for the Tahitian dance and drumoff. See you all when we get back.

ummm Ray?... Cindy? I've been sitting on the curb in front of my house waiting for you to come get me. I'm thinking you forgot me. I'm getting kinda hungry and hot. The handle on my suitcase is really hot too. I can't walk to Hawaii with it, it's burning my hand. ummm... maybe there is a problem here. I am sad :(

you should concentrate on
What made you happy Today,Kelly!
:)

On 2009-07-10 16:10, little lost tiki wrote:
you should concentrate on
What made you happy Today,Kelly!
:)

yes, yes, I shall Kinney, my little lost tiki, a car came by as I was sitting in the hot sun of the desert, alone, forgotten by Ray & Cindy and tossed a cup of water at me. It was very refreshing. I wonder if that H2o was from Hawaii?

On 2009-06-30 11:36, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Hopefully more of the vendors will post soon but Ill be bringing two newer tikis Ive done . Heres a New Guinea style favorite of mine .

And of course we need a wild tiki to stand by the band so heres my screaming tiki I finished .

Man, just look at the tounge !

Off the hook Ray, very Original!

I have a whole new slew of paintings for this show exclusively...like this one :) Cheers my friends!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jul 13, 2009 5:59 PM

Well i dont think i can top that New Guinea style tiki, but im pluggin away at sum new one of a kind tiki pendants,and Im gonna have on hand sum resin ones as well.. I might even have a png style mask, and possibly a new painting or two..heres some pics to wet your appetites...

Cant wait for the show...

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-07-13 18:00 ]

T

Just so you dont have to look at all 7 pages we bumped this in to give you all the updated info .Since the beginning we had location , vendor and pinup changes so heres the deal on the new flyers being distributed . We had a list of backup vendors and 2 dropped out from the begining . One was added to the flyers and Tiki Tony was added while I was away in Oahu .Dont forget to call ahead and make dinner reservations for that night . It should be packed . Maybe we should start a roll call list . Who will be there ????????

Myself, Renee, and Jorge from "Radio Free Bakersfield"

On 2009-07-13 17:52, Jeremysart004 wrote:

Outstanding! I love a great monkey painting.

Kirby, those pendants are killer, I really like the first one.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies