Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pinups U TUBE VIDEO is UP !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

More goodies from the hut!!!! LOOKIN FORWARD TO THE SHOW!!!

T

Well, its happening again .... thank God I have a large list of backup people to fill empty spots . Holden of TikiFarm just informed me that he has a prior engagement the same night as the show so he wont be there. So now Im announcing the next backup vendor ....

Jim Bacci of the Tikiyaki Orchestra will be selling his CD's and other related items at the show . We welcome Jim and Tiki Tony and hope they will post something soon . I just dropped of a huge stack of flyers to the Bahooka and other businesses and were getting great feedback . See ya all there !

T

Aloha All....

Yes I'll be settin' up shop at Bahooka.

Here's a few things I'll have for sale....I'll post pix later.

Both The new "Swingin' Sounds" and "StereoExotique" CD's, of course

Jungle Jetsetter "Commuter Packs" - Which is Tikiyaki Flight Bag, CD, luggage tag by FLuff Shop, Sticker, Coasters and more goodies.

Tikiyaki Orchestra hand carved wood pendants, carved here in SoCal by the mysterious "Quon"

I'm also hoping to Have T-Shirts for this event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and sharing a Bahoooka Gold Cup and some ribs !

Aloha !

I heart Tikiyaki Rolls!

On 2009-07-04 07:25, GO TIKI wrote:
This is going to be a fun event, Come out and get some cool art, Great food and drinks! Here is a couple of pictures of some pin-up ceramic art I'm working on for the show:

Thank You, Cindy and Ray

Amazing stuff! I know the finished products will be very cool! I'm bringing my shopping cart on the 25th! 3pm sharp!!! Ribs, grog, music and merchandise....Sounds like a great Saturday afternoon!

I agree with Soccer tiki.
hopefully some people will have a few extra bucks to spend before tiki oasis.

surf bands?
feh!
:roll:

me DJing? you sure you want people to be there?
thanks Ray. you are a true Bro.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-07-16 10:38, bigtikidude wrote:
I agree with Soccer tiki.
hopefully some people will have a few extra bucks to spend before tiki oasis.

surf bands?
feh!
:roll:

me DJing? you sure you want people to be there?
thanks Ray. you are a true Bro.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yeah they will have $$$.. Remember, this is a different venue with many unique things you might not see at Oasis & the Ladies are there as well.These gals are the real deal, not wannabes, lovely, lovely. Besides you can hit up some pre T.O. items... first pick shopping ya know....

Spin that Surf! :D

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-16 14:04 ]

On 2009-07-16 14:01, Hiphipahula wrote:
Spin that Surf! :D

actually considering that there is 2 surf bands.
I will be playing mostly Hawaiian and Exotica.
you know, kinda mix up the vibes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here's one of 2 T-Shirt designs I'm planning on having for this event.....

I'll post the second one soon.

First the World famous Tikiyaki Egg Roll Company design.

Cool! I think the Cads need those to wear under our smoking jackets.

thats cool,
kinda looks like the dewey weber surf board design.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 8:49 AM

mmmmm..tikiyaki egg rolls...
heres another tiki pendant I just finished up for the show...

T

On 2009-07-16 22:34, Don Brewski wrote:
Cool! I think the Cads need those to wear under our smoking jackets.

Say it, and it is done ! My first endorsement deal !

Kirbs....Cool idea with the string in there. NICE !

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-07-17 09:10 ]

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 9:56 AM

On 2009-07-17 08:49, kirby wrote:
mmmmm..tikiyaki egg rolls...
heres another tiki pendant I just finished up for the show...

Kirby that's sharp!

Dang, every piece keeps getting better than the last.
Where's all this creativity coming from?
Did you start drinking the city tap water again?

On 2009-07-16 22:23, tikiyaki wrote:

Great job Jim!

OK, Here's the first official Tikiyaki Orchestra "Jungle Jetsetter" T Shirt.

T Shirts are dark brown and available in :

Mens - L, XL, and a few XXL's (XXL's cost a little more)

Womens - S, M, and L

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 11:33 AM

Nice shirts.

Tiki Ray want GROG to bring a piece. It not framed, so hopefully GROG can get it
framed in time for show. This was GROG very first pastel attempt GROG did in
college. Photo reference was Mariel Hemingway posing as Dorothy Stratten in Playboy.
It was homework assignment for lifedrawing class. It just sit in closet where
nobody see it.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-07-17 11:39 ]

C

Definitely COOL shirts!

Any chance the work shirts I saw in a few pictures might also become available...??

Wow...GROG very talented and come Long way since scrawling on cave wall.

Croe67 - The next designs will be Tikiyaki Airways ones. Whether or not they will be button down work shirts or just T's I don't know yet, but I DO want to get some Tikiyaki Airways stuff out there.

I'm trying these designs out first.

On 2009-07-16 22:23, tikiyaki wrote:

OH LORD!!!! I NEEEEEEED IT!!!!

On 2009-07-17 11:11, tikiyaki wrote:
OK, Here's the first official Tikiyaki Orchestra "Jungle Jetsetter" T Shirt.

T Shirts are dark brown and available in :

Mens - L, XL, and a few XXL's (XXL's cost a little more)

Womens - S, M, and L

dammit! I should just stop! I don't want to see anymore!!! I need it ALL! So is it really gonna work that everything I sell during this event is just going to afford me all THIS glorious stuff?!

Here's the last little piece I put together... Very excited for this show!

Okay tiki peeps.....only one week to go....THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS NOW!!! I'm crushed Tiki Ray's mug release has been postponed but the show must go on. The pin up line up is amazing. My son is even flying in for this one!!! I'm really excited about all of the new art being posted. Everyone is uber creative this summer!!!!!

We will have this for sale at the event.
Be the first on your beach to have an Eliminators beach towel.

And of course the bands CD's.

I'm getting really stoked for this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 19, 2009 8:19 PM

home stretch..lets do this...
hers a few more tiki thingy's Im bringing
more one of a kind pendants

hanging wall tiki

some costume painted official TTPP2 Pendants

And dont forget to pick up The official TTPP2 limited addition of 50 tiki pendants all signed and numbered.. only $10 bucks at the show WoW!!!...

I will also be bringing a few "coconut monkey lucky penny banks"
and im still workin on a couple paintings and maybe a few more goodies..
mahalo..

T

Wow, the challenges never end on this show.... The whole reason for putting this show on was to introduce and debut my first tiki mug I designed . Its called the "Moai Kava Kava ". Its based on one of the original cavestones used on Easter Island to protect the family sculptures. I hope you like it .
We checked with Holden for a date and even bumped it back a couple weeks to make sure they would be ready in time . Holden recently informed me that his production company emailed him to tell them that they wont be ready for the show ....Damn. Ill survive but now Im going nutz trying to create other artforms so my table doesnt look so barren .Im not quite sure when they will be ready in the future so please no more texts and PM's . I really dont know . Anyways , its gonna be a great time , Ray

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jul 20, 2009 9:47 AM

Dude Ray , Thats a big bummer I know you were very exited about the mug.I saw in person and its bad ass.

Anyone want to limbo to The Eliminators Saturday?

how low can you go?

well if I drink enough,
hopefully I'll be on the floor.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 20, 2009 5:05 PM

The Elimbonators.

hey Grog finally make a funny that make me laugh.
good one Grog.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-07-20 08:46, TIKI-RAY wrote:

Great Mug Ray! I look forward to it's release it will be worth the wait. The show it's self it gonna be good times! I love everyone's art. Kirby those painted pendants are too dog gone cute!!

T

These are my sketches I've been working from when creating my ceramics for this week.

I'll also have 2 or 3 framed black velvet paintings. I've only painted about 5 of these so far, but they are one of my favorite new endeavors. After seeing Heather Watts' black velvets last year at Tiki Oasis (I bought one too!) she really inspired me to finally paint on the black velvet that I had sitting around for over 3 years.

Plus, I'll have new ceramic Tiki necklaces. I'll offer a wider variety of colors now that I started doing limited run casts. I'm probably only going to use a necklace mold for a year then retire it, and move onto new necklaces. I have a few blowfish necklaces, tapa panel necklaces, and skulls.

I will have 2, maybe 3 Volcano Island Bowls, all hand made one of a kinds. The photo was taken before I fired them, but they'll be beautifully glazed for the show!

Also, my wife Alene should have a few wall hanging ceramic tropical modern fish in mid century colors!

I'll also post a photo of my new ceramic Papua Wall hanging mask that is about a foot and a half tall.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my new Mug!!! I'll only have 2-3 regular editions (None in Box Set) of these for the show, but you're getting a sneak peek at my new Tiki Mug, "PuPu"

#1-25 Box Set with ceramic swizzle, ceramic necklace, mini print, and bendy straw ....(Ready for Tiki Oasis) $75
#26-50 Mug only... $45 (Available at TIki Oasis, but I'll have a few for this show)

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony http://www.cafepress.com/tikitony

[ Edited by: tikitony 2009-07-21 09:31 ]

T

Awesome stuff Tony and great carvings by Kirby . We recently spent time in Oahu and I really got recharged and inspired by the art there . I was amazed at all the Koa wood art more than anything . Since my mugs arent going to be there in time Ive been whittling like a tweeker on these all hand carved, one of a kind ,old island art Koa Wood necklaces . Each one is also hand dipped in polyurethane to show the light and dark gold wood tones . The pics dont do these justice .

Also , I just got an email on what time the bands are playing . Tequila Worms at 5 pm and the Eliminators at 7 pm . They are looking right now for limbo poles so be ready .

[ Edited by: Tiki-Ray 2009-07-21 10:14 ]

I will be spinning tunes at 3 pm when the doors open, and between and after the bands till closing.

thanks again to Ray and Jen.
can't wait for this.
looks like lots of great stuff to buy.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

For Saturday, The Eliminators have dusted off one of their great cover
songs from a few years back called "One Step Beyond." Go to
http://www.myspace.com/theeliminatorssurfband and the song should start
playing as soon as the page loads.

[ Edited by: Eliminators 2009-07-21 19:44 ]

On 2009-07-21 09:21, tikitony wrote:

These are my sketches I've been working from when creating my ceramics for this week.

I'll also have 2 or 3 framed black velvet paintings. I've only painted about 5 of these so far, but they are one of my favorite new endeavors. After seeing Heather Watts' black velvets last year at Tiki Oasis (I bought one too!) she really inspired me to finally paint on the black velvet that I had sitting around for over 3 years.

Plus, I'll have new ceramic Tiki necklaces. I'll offer a wider variety of colors now that I started doing limited run casts. I'm probably only going to use a necklace mold for a year then retire it, and move onto new necklaces. I have a few blowfish necklaces, tapa panel necklaces, and skulls.

I will have 2, maybe 3 Volcano Island Bowls, all hand made one of a kinds. The photo was taken before I fired them, but they'll be beautifully glazed for the show!

Also, my wife Alene should have a few wall hanging ceramic tropical modern fish in mid century colors!

I'll also post a photo of my new ceramic Papua Wall hanging mask that is about a foot and a half tall.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my new Mug!!! I'll only have 2-3 regular editions (None in Box Set) of these for the show, but you're getting a sneak peek at my new Tiki Mug, "PuPu"

#1-25 Box Set with ceramic swizzle, ceramic necklace, mini print, and bendy straw ....(Ready for Tiki Oasis) $75
#26-50 Mug only... $45 (Available at TIki Oasis, but I'll have a few for this show)

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony http://www.cafepress.com/tikitony

ARRRR! HAHA Tiki tOny you have anything in that bag for me?

damn double post again! sticky key!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-22 05:31 ]

HipHipHooray... I should have your Tourist Tiki Mug ready finally!!!

The Bahooka just informed me that reservations are filling up quick . Make sure to get yours in . (626) 285-1241 Mention codeword "pinup" and you will get silverware , a napkin, and a plate to use while dining .

On 2009-07-22 11:30, TIKI-RAY wrote:
The Bahooka just informed me that reservations are filling up quick . Make sure to get yours in . (626) 285-1241 Mention codeword "pinup" and you will get silverware , a napkin, and a plate to use while dining .

Is there a roll call on dinner perhaps? just wondering what time people were eating as to not miss the show?

On 2009-07-22 14:13, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2009-07-22 11:30, TIKI-RAY wrote:

HOLY COW!!!! Silverware AND a plate?! Bahooka really is goin ALL out!!!

LOVE the velvet Tony!!!

Is there a roll call on dinner perhaps? just wondering what time people were eating as to not miss the show?

HOLY COW!!!! Silverware AND a plate?! Bahooka really is goin ALL out!!!

LOVE the velvet Tony!!!

H

Hot off the presses!!
I'll be debuting my new "skull-erflies" hair accessories too

GT

Very Cool Art All! Dani and I finished some stuff today for the show, More to come!

First is some PNG look pendants with abalone eyes:

Next a fun tiki lamp with matching fiberglass shade:

I really Love the way this lamp turned out!, Tiki and Pin-Up girl lamp, Or with removable skirts Tiki and Hula Girl Lamp! Vintage look fiberglass lamp shade, Removable skirts Wow Wee!

And last for today! Pin-up ashtray with yellow poka-dot bikini

Come out and support all the Great artist, Keep Tiki art alive! Thanks Cindy and Ray for all your efforts!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jul 22, 2009 8:50 PM

Here is a painting I gonna be bringin titled "KonTiki"

T

Were bringing out the BIG GUY . I use this for my Halloween and Xmas display at the house but were using this for the photoshoots . You girls like tall men dontcha???/ Hes 10 feet .

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jul 23, 2009 9:59 AM

What is it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies