Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 09 Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

On 2009-06-07 14:33, tikipaka wrote:
:D :D Dave & I will be there late Wednesday and leaving Monday evening.. So excited, can't wait.. See ya all there... Save some rum for us.. :lol:

OOH, I'll bet you're coming home on the same flight we are!

If we can't be there.....

.....we'll do our best online!!

You ALL have fun without us now!!!

Happy Huki 09!!

T

I'll be there! I've finished a few small paintings today. I won't have a whole lot because I was busy making 300 Hukilau Pendants this year.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/3529761899_7ef9b69c63.jpg?v=0/img]

T

Tony, I think you miss that last link.. So here you go everyone., nice flaming lava look on these.. :D

Basement Kahuna is over and out and Hukilau bound.

Just changed our reservation to the Cabana so we will be closer to all the action! Thanks for the heads up email Christie. See everyone on Friday - is it Friday yet? :D

T

Wow MrsBenzArt, you two really lucked out. I called there when this thing first started and they were out then.. See you there..

:music: Oh we're going to the Hukilau, Huki, Huki, Huki, Huki, Huki, Hukilau. :music:

Keep the lights on for us.. :lol: :lol:

G

We can only be there for half of Hukilau this time around. The first half. Got to leave Friday after Jeff Berry's talk, but MrsGR and I will be at the Mai-Kai Wednesday night around 7 or so. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Ends up I'm staying at the Econo Lodge on Federal. I should be able to walk to the Mai Kai right? (Maybe crawl home)

S

Bringing 2 Hukilau newbs with me from here in Knoxville. Very excited. Looking forward to a new "flavor" of Hukilau this year with the return of room vending and the room crawl. Should put a more intimate feeling to it all.

V

Hi All--
Can't wait for Saturday at the Mai Kai and to meet all you tikiphiles. I've had my reservations since October--should be a blast. Thankfully, we live only a couple hours away. We will be 4 Hukivirgins from Vero Beach. See you there!

Sitting at a hotel in Tallahassee, waiting to drive the rest of the way in tomorrow. See y'all at Mai Kai or at Bahia Cabana tomorrow!
SBT

T

Savage Patty and I are heading to St. Louis to catch our plane. See everyone tonight.

14 hours and counting!

Hey Paul!
Any room in your suitcase for a chubby artist?
:)

Have been in Miami since Sunday, driving up to Ft. Lauderdale later this afternoon and checking into the Best Western. If anyone wants to go to the Mai Kai tonight PM me or send a text message to my cell phone at 626-416-9217. (No voice calls, please!)

Wooohooo!

On 2009-06-10 09:11, kosmotiki wrote:
If anyone wants to go to the Mai Kai tonight

We'll be there! You can't miss us, we'll be the ones wearing Aloha Shirts and holding a couple of drinks in each hand!

I had a dream that something was missing in garden. What could it be??

S

Getting directions to the Mai Kai today and got a special surprise.

Go to Google maps and put in: mai kai, fort lauderdale, fl

I feel very special...

On 2009-06-10 08:55, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Paul!
Any room in your suitcase for a chubby artist?
:)

Sorry no room. Why do you think "DavesNotHome" ba-duh-bump, yea! Plus he'll be easier to carry.

I'm all checked in and about to get ready to head to Mai Kai...I'll be the one in Stumpgrinder or Andy's lap! lol

I should just leave tonight, I won't be able to sleep anyways. See everyone tomorrow!

That's pretty dang cool, Swanky. You are the face of the Mai Kai!

P
phinz posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 3:51 PM

Leavin' on a jet plane in about 16 hours. Toes in the sand in 20.

Anyone have room at their table for the Mai Kai dinner & show Saturday night. I'm flying solo.

[ Edited by: khan_tiki_mon 2009-06-10 18:31 ]

On 2009-06-10 10:56, Swanky wrote:
Getting directions to the Mai Kai today

How many years you been coming to the Mai Kai? You still need directions? Just follow the sound of laughter and the aroma of rum soaked fun!

Hope everyone is having a great time! Tomorrow I'm leaving for the event and will be there for the party Friday night. I'm bringing 5 friends with me this time and nobody has bombed out so far! Look for the "Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and Ladies)" Aloha!

Just checked-in to the Blarney Castle, room 322. Knock if you're in the area.

It's getting very festive at the Bahia Cabana. Lots of folks already on site and ready for tonight's opening party. Let us know you're here!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jun 11, 2009 1:29 PM

Take plenty of photos.....wish I was there to help take care of business. Next year? :)

Have fun & have a tropi cocktail for me. Aloha!

Aloha everyone, new to the site, not new to Tiki bars...

my wife and I live in (west) Fort Lauderdale and are going to the Hukilau (for the first time!) on Saturday. Couldn't swing the rest of the weekend, but we're going to have some fun at Bahia Cabana :) if anyone wants to find me I'll be the guy in the Hawaiian shirt.
-Chris P
http://tikiloungetalk.com

Pages: 1 2 78 replies