Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

Sweet SUP design!
Ya know mr. Moonster, I have been sitting here all along...just waiting for your Fender update. Waiting. Waiting. BRING IT!!! :)

S

OMG! I love it. Beautiful work here.

P

Hey Mooney,

My grandfather is in PSL-west & I visit somewhat frequently.

Do you have a shop over in Jensen? Always looking for stuff to do & people to see when I'm over visiting gramps!

Tiki Hut finished! Lots of time to

build this tiki hut but alot of fun doing it as well! Now time to puor the drinks!!!! The Cedar bar top going down.

Bar top sanded waiting for clear coat.

and final clear coat on cedar bar top. Tiki Time!!!!

Moonster! That is beeeeee-autifulllllll !!
That cedar is gorgeous...love it, love it. Where did ya get those planks anyway?

Surfintiki glad you like it. The wood was an old log that I slabed out then plained out to make the pieces. It's florida cedar and Your right the grain is beautiful! A boat builder told me how they seal em and it's pretty much bomb proof sealing method. Carved a little mermaid for the top. Anyhow hope your gettin some surf up there. thanks for the nice words my friend.
Oh ya Finished the Fender Guitar carve and will post soon.

Wall mask Surf scene. Shipped north! A few more carvings to post coming soon.

Waves are hollowed out and LED light for backround light

Mooney, Thats just awesome. I love your carves.

Any more guitar pics?

Mahalo SDshirtman,Here are some pics of a commission I finished. They wanted a wedding Tiki with family in it, so I carved 3 sea turtles between both tikis and carved their names in Hawaiian in them. Another FUN commish to do! Hope ya like it.

Real nice, Mooney! I especially like how the top headress is a lei!

B

Darn Mooney, Excellent stuff here, Love the deep, crisp detail in the "Wedding" Tiki and the wall mask is Great too. And Folks I was over to Jimmy's last week and that Tiki Hut is Totally Rockin' I might visit one day while he's at work and see if it will fit in my truck.
HappyHappyHAPPY!

Nice Moon. I really like the oversizeness of this carve.

Thankx-4WD tiki,Seeks and Benzart. Much appreciated.
Ok I've had the pic for a while and finaly posting them (sorry) I finished the carve ,and the customer has a friend that he wants to stain n clear so these pics are the Finished carve for me on the Fender Guitar. I hope you like and if you drive by or stop by Mahalo for lookin Aloha, Mooney
1st pic over view of left of the guitar,and if you look into the wave you can see the small palm trees.I was trying to make them look like trees in the backround and get ride of those 2 blank spaces.Hard to see but the flowers wrap around the side of the guitar and around part of the bottom.
side shot so you can see some of the levels od depth I was trying so I could get seperation from each part of the carving.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 24, 2010 10:44 AM

Das crazy!! Awesome carve!

WOW!!!! That is awesome, such a beautiful design. Be sure to post pics after that baby is stained, put back together and strung. :)

M

That axe is sweet!

Excellent!

Thank you for sharing!

Mahalo

Love it!
Mooney, will you be able to post a pic of it after it's a complete guitar? Maybe even a vid of someone playing it? That would be very cool!

C

Very nice, great detail

V

That's so fricken badass! Awesome!

AWESOME !!

L

This is pretty amazing looking -- great work!

B

Hey Mooney, I was Wondering when you would finish this one, it Really Looks Amazing. I Love the heavy deep, bold detail, it has Mooney Tiki written all over it. Excellent work!

T

I am blown away, thats awsome!

Damn - you suck! Just when I'm feel good about my own carving you show something like this! Can't wait for you finish this and make me feel even worse! (kidding) love it and it does have a very Mooney vibe!

B

Wow, Mooney, that ROCKS! ( Quite literally)
Looking forward to seeing it all put together.

Bowie

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2010 6:57 PM

Amazing looking guitar man, would love to see some pics of it stained and put back together

S

Killer! Man you have done a premo job on this. Look at the detail work on this
work of art. Very Nice!

T

Money, you rock, this is the coolest carving ever... I want one just like this. Damn you're talented!!!! Keep up the good work buddy!

B

Love the Guitar, Where you hiding, Come out my friend?

C
cy posted on Mon, May 7, 2012 5:00 PM

Somehow missed this thread. Fantastic carving Mooney!

love the guitar i want to try that now thats incredible. You could resin cover the rest to give the guitar back its shape and keep any one from breaking it.

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies