Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

Discussions and planning are now underway for a Sacramento Home Tiki Bar Crawl tentatively set for a weekend in October.

We (Mr and Mrs. Tikihula, Mr and Mrs. Alohacurrent, TikiMookie and Matt the Cat, Tikihammer and yours truly)are putting feelers out there for suggestions and participants for either a two or three day event. We would like to encourage all local Tiki Centralites to think about opening up their tiki bars or pads and hosting a larger event that the last one we had.

I will be hosting an open Tiki garage sale/swap at my house on one of the days, so even if you don't or can't host, at least consider bringing your excess stuff for trade or sale. You have to have something you want to get rid of??

Please start thinking about which weekend would work the best for everyone in October and let's get this rolling!

Talk soon!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-09-28 12:12 ]

I'm a local Newbie and would love to take part.

Sounds good to me. Count Brenda's Tiki Hut as a stop on the crawl. Sorry I couldn't make the pow wow yesterday. Family obligations.

L

I will come down for at least one day of your home bar crawl for sure. Doesn't matter what weekend

MT

A bunch of the Nor-Cal crew rolled over to Sacramento last year. Good times! I'll definitely go again.

I hope there will be more rumaki!

As of right now, most weekends look good for me except for Halloween, which is on a Saturday this year.

W

Ooooo, fun! Can't wait to see all the cool local home bars.

[ Edited by: WSWahine 2009-07-01 10:51 ]

Glad to see this is growing and becoming annual or is it perennial? Thanks PTD, any weekend except the first weekend (October 3rd) is good for us.

We'll also have a bunch of good stuff for sale or trade that tiki peeps will like including mugs, wooden tiki frames we had made, Hawaiiana plus a bunch of Enchanted Tiki Room stuff. I'll post some pictures when I get everything unboxed.

Also, Hawaiian soul food for all that crawl.

Is this the same weekend as ''Swantiki''?...I would like to participate but won't know what my weekend work commitments are until closer to October. Sounds like a 'hoot'''.

The weekends of October 3rd, 10th and the 17th work for us. The Garage sale sounds terrific. I'm sure Dan can find some tikis for this sale. We do hope to go to Swantiki]s event too. Wendy

TWO

I am sorry I missed last years home crawl. I heard it was a great time, and the Sac Area Ohana are gracious hosts. I am looking forward to it. We've been discussing the Second Annual South Bay Home Bar Crawl and hope you Sac Area peeps can make it down. I know, I know...."get your own thread". We're workin' on it.

well, i'm working on my tiki room and hopefully by oct it will be almost done. i'd like my house to be a part of the crawl. i know absolutely nothing about cocktails though. maybe someone could help me with that. a few folks came by my house last year after swantiki and i promise it won't be so cluttered this year. i have a heated pool if anybody wants to swim too.

p.s. duane's garage sale is something i wouldn't dream of missing!

On 2009-07-01 16:04, kingstiedye wrote:
well, i'm working on my tiki room and hopefully by oct it will be almost done. i'd like my house to be a part of the crawl. i know absolutely nothing about cocktails though. maybe someone could help me with that. a few folks came by my house last year after swantiki and i promise it won't be so cluttered this year. i have a heated pool if anybody wants to swim too.

Let's hope the Tiki room is ready in time. I was one of those folk who stopped by last year and all I can say is:

Most. Amazing. Tiki. Mug. Collection. Ever.

On 2009-06-30 12:41, moondog426 wrote:
Is this the same weekend as ''Swantiki''?...

No, Lauren is having Swantiki on Saturday, July 25th at 4:00 pm. I can't make it as it's the same day and time as another commitment (Midnight Mass), but I encourage all who have the time to go on down.

I'm available any weekend in October, but Saturday the 24th. Can't miss the annual Reigning Cats & Dogs charity event for the SPCA. My kitties would never forgive me. And all you who know me know that I'm beholden to my kitties. The only thing that's keeping me from becoming the crazy cat lady on my street when Chief Bartender moves out, is that a truly crazy lady, who doesn't like cats (?!), already lives across the street.

L

On 2009-07-01 16:06, kingstiedye wrote:
p.s. duane's garage sale is something i wouldn't dream of missing!

Duane can I PLEASE shop the day before??????

Ya know this fella is going to wipe you out of the goods!! Damn you Kinstiedye...damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you!

:wink:

Count me in for hosting in October.

EDIT...I cleared my October calendar so am open for any weekend...sign me up to host and crawl.

PTD..sent ya a PM. :)

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-07-07 18:00 ]

EDITED-still gonna do the September party after all.

I am open to one day or two day and can open my home whenever it works best for everyone.

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2009-07-27 19:31 ]

Im currently looking for a place in Sacramento, and I should be settled by then, so I might be able to participate in this. Count me in.

T

I will come over from Reno for this - please keep the details coming here on TC!

On 2009-07-12 00:52, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
Im currently looking for a place in Sacramento, and I should be settled by then, so I might be able to participate in this. Count me in.

Welcome back bigbad! There's a good possibility for a MoLock (Modesto Turlock) Tiki Tour in Sept. too. More on that later on a separate thread.

Thanks Vic, keep me posted!

On 2009-07-12 09:35, Jungle Trader wrote:

On 2009-07-12 00:52, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:

Welcome back bigbad! There's a good possibility for a MoLock (Modesto Turlock) Tiki Tour in Sept. too. More on that later on a separate thread.

Vic,

If you call yours the Turdo Tiki Tour I am there for sure! (Just joshin') Looking forward to an event from you guys down south!

PTD

heheh, I hadn't thought of that one Psyche.

Update today...

Emails and PM's went out to the following Sacramento TCer's a few minutes ago;

TikiMookie, danlovestikis, kingstiedye, moondog426, alohacurrent, TikiHula, stevesoto, Tacky Tiki, VampiressRN, Brenda's Tiki Hut.

We are looking at either the weekend of October 10th or 24th to host this event. I am trying not to cross over into the Modesto event on the 17th.

I have already heard back from Bullet and Brenda, both are in!

We would like to make this a two day event and as soon as I hear back from everyone, I will host a planning party to get this going. If I have missed anyone in the Sacramento area (I know I have and I apologize) and you would like to particpate, send me a PM and we will gladly add you to the list.

Thanks and don't forget the Tiki Trade and Garage Sale on the Saturday of this event!

PTD

Count me in to host. I have a couple of fountains for your sale Duane.

ummm, there's nothing scheduled for Oct., September is now out for MoLock. Not sure if this is gonna happen down here. My other half always holds the key (her work sched)

On 2009-07-27 22:06, Jungle Trader wrote:
ummm, there's nothing scheduled for Oct., September is now out for MoLock. Not sure if this is gonna happen down here. My other half always holds the key (her work sched)

Vic,

I meant this:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33180&forum=17&1

October 17th?

PTD

Two more have signed on...Vamp and TikiMookie! So far everyone looks open for both weekends, suggestion was made that maybe October 10th would be better weather-wise?

Keep the dates open!

PTD

oh

T

We're open for whatever weekend works for most folks - and of course the Kapili Room will be a stop. Let me know when the planning party is at Mirabelle's and I'm there! :wink:

O.K.

All ya kool kids have chimed in. I sent PM's today to LiddleLola and bigbadtikidaddy, since they have expressed interest in participating so we may add a couple of more.

If you are not on this list and are local and want to be included in hosting your tiki bar/living space, shoot me a PM or post on this thread.

Going to set the dates for this event as October 10th and 11th.

So far, the following TC'ers have expresed interest in hosting. All have great collections, living spaces and/or bars and are all worthy of showcasing!

They are:

kingstyedie, Brenda's Tiki Hut, alohacurrent, TikiMoookie, Tiki Hula, VampiressRN and yours truly! (hoping for a couple of more).

Even if you are not hosting, feel free to bring your excess tiki, vintage or Hawaiiana on over to my place for the Tiki Trade and Garage Sale. I have a huge backyard and plently of room for you to set your stuff up!

I will extend the invitation to host for another week and then we needs to get to planning!

Later!

PTD

Thanks for organizing this Duane...looking forward to it. Can't wait to see the kingstyedie collection!!!

So it looks like we have finalized the list of participants. Thanks to everyone who responded and a special thanks to those committed to hosting.

Since Vamp is having a party next month, what better time and place to plan the Sacramento Capitol Home Tiki Bar and Living Space Tour? Vamp has gracious accepted my request to do the planning during her event, so I am hoping all who are on board can make the date and times:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33581&forum=17&0

There will be seven stops on this tour. The homes and presentations from the following members: kingstyedie, Brenda's Tiki Hut, alohacurrent, TikiMoookie, Tiki Hula, VampiressRN and yours truly!

Reminder to all not forget to bring your excess stuff to the Tiki Trade and Sale during the event!

See ya soon,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-08-14 10:51 ]

See you at the planning party VampiressRN is hosting on September 19th. This is going to be a wonderful event. Wendy and Dan

Aloha everyone,

We have six participants involved in this event. We are looking forward to seeing as many of you make it out to see our collections and share your stories about yours. We hope you can attend both days or at least one or the other.

To keep the travel simple, we are dividing the crawl into the east and west side tours.

Participants for the Saturday October 10th East Side tours and times:

TikiMookie and Matt The Cat (Rancho Cordova) from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Psycho Tiki D (Fair Oaks) from 1:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.

VampiressRN (Lincoln) from 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.(Vamp is extending her hours)!

Participants for the Sunday October 11th West Side tours and times:

Mr and Mrs. Alohacurrent (Natomas) 10:30 a.m to 1:00 p.m.

danlovestikis (Elk Grove) from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Brenda's Tiki Hut (Midtown) from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.??

Please PM myself or VampiressRN for directions, maps and lodging information.

I still plan on having the Tiki Trade and Garage Sale on Saturday at my home, PM me if you want to bring anything to sell or trade. I believe Alohacurrent will be selling some tiki on Sunday as well.

Mahalo and see you soon,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-10-05 12:04 ]

Less than 2 weeks till our second annual Sacramento Tiki Home Bar Crawl. :)

For directions...pm me your email and I will send you the eVite, or email PsychoTikiD for the address list...either way BE THERE!!!!

Anyone coming up to Sacramento for the crawl is welcome to crash at my house. Lots of ingredients for a little hair of the dog the next day if need be.

Brenda that could be one huge sleep over at your home. See you soon, Wendy and Dan

Bumping this thread along...

Please let us know if you plan on attending. We are trying to get a headcount so we can plan food and/or drinks.

PM me or VampiressRN for infomation and Evite!

Thanks

PTD

Mahalo PTD and Ohana! Looks like we have the morning slot. If there's interest I'll make moco loco for breakfast.
Aloha.

Alohacurrent, a big yes!

I will likely be participating in the crawl on Sunday.

TT

We plan on attending the crawl-tried to work out hosting, but still having major allergy issues (which turned out to be my problem at Vamp's party-not a sinus infection after all!) I'm feeling better, but still not great, but we'll be crawling!

Maybe later on we can have an event here so you can all see the tiki room-or maybe a one day crawl in the spring??

So add 2 to the headcount for next weekend!! Can't wait!

:drink:
Tacky

Glad you are feeling better Tacky...hope that's not a rum allergy...LOL

Boy our weather has certainly moved into that autumn mode...but its supposed to be in the 80s next weekend...that is great crawling weather!!!

S

WSWahine and I would love to crawl with y'all...

I do not have to work this weekend so count me in as well. I'll have a sidekick too, just not sure which one.

Darilyn

Since this is the third year in a row, a suggestion has been made to make this an annual event for the second weekend in October from this point on.

I am very encouraged by so many locals jumping on board to participate in this event. I hope by our fifth anniversary we can offer an event mug up to commemorate five years of celebrating Sacramento tiki together.

We are still trying to get a solid number to plan our food and drinks. Please let us know as soon as you can if you plan on coming and watch for a change in the crawl line-up for Sunday to be announce later this morning. Yes, it will be a "big" surprise!

PTD

W

I love a surprise!

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies