Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

A CHANGE HAS OCCURRED FOR THE SUNDAY LINE UP. I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S THE SURPRISE OR NOT. IT WAS A SURPRISE FOR US TO NOW BE OPEN FOR GUESTS.

WE HAVE AGREED TO TAKE KINGSTIEDYES PLACE. HE'S NOT ABLE TO PARTICIPATE THIS TIME SO WE ARE THE REPLACEMENT HOME. WE WILL HAVE BOTTLED WATER AND TREATS FOR THOSE WHO COME TO TOUR THE DANLOVESTIKIS COLLECTION.

I'LL HAVE MY SWAP MUG FINISHED AND READY FOR VIEWING. I HOPE TO INSPIRE MORE OF YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FUN EVENT. YOU MUST POST A FINISH PIECE OF ART BASED ON AN OLD MENU BUY OCTOBER 31ST 2009.

DAN WILL TAKE SMALL GROUPS OF 2 OR 3 AT AT TIME INTO THE JUNGLE ROOM. IT'S TIGHT QUARTERS WITH MANY FRAGILE ITEMS DISPLAYED. WE HAVE OTHER ROOMS TO TOUR AS WELL. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL. CHEERS, WENDY AND DAN

Things change along the way and I hope all is well with Bullet and that we hear from him soon. Perhaps he will join us next year?

I am happy to back up the announcement that Dan and Wendy are going to open up their home for this crawl. For those of you who have seen their collection, you would probably echo my thoughts and agree that this is one of the premier amassing of vintage, contemporary and one of a kind tiki mugs, bowl and items around, plain and simple. Many were made for Dan by Wendy.

For those of you who have not seen their collection, this is a rare opportunity to see items you may never have the chance to view up close and personal. Usually Dan and Wendy show their collection in very small groups, so this is a first for them and us to marvel as a large group. The majority of their collection is upstairs and in pretty tight spaces, so Dan and Wendy will take small groups through during their crawl time.

Welcome aboard Dan and Wendy.

PTD

WOWOWOWOW!!! That Jungle Room is awesome. If you do get to this crawl, it is indeed a sight to see. It is a tropical splendor in there and the collection of mugs and music is off the hook.

Hope to catch Bullet's collection in the future. :)

S

I am thrilled that Wendy and Dan's place is now on the line up for Sunday!

I've only seen pictures of their place and I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in person.

I know I will be drooling over Dan's mug collection, that's for sure.

I am always happy to see them both on any occasion.

Hopefully Bullet can participate next time around.

I've been privileged to see his collection several times and it is truly amazing.

Looking forward to seeing all the Sac Ohana this weekend...

Will there be Hawaiian Eye episodes playing downstairs?

An opening of the Jungle Room is a special event. This could be the best crawl ever!

Just four short days away til the crawl.

I had better start gathering up stuff for the Tiki Trade and Garage Sale...you should too!

I will try and post some preview pictures in the next couple of days!

Let us know if you are going to be here!

PTD

Hi All,

Matt the Cat here.
Painkillers will be served for all who dare.

See you at the Keno Kai, your first stop on an aspirin driven weekend.

Matt,

Shouldn't you call those "Paingivers"?

Two days away from our annual crawl. Still hoping to hear from a few more of you all brave enough to venture out and join us for some fun.

Speaking of brave, I have a couple of bottles of unklefun's homemade rum if you dare to take a sip. Doing so may assist you in helping him name his concoction!

Pictures are coming for the stuff I will have out for the Tiki Garage Sale and trade. Either later today or Friday for sure!

For those attending the crawl: TikiMookie and Matt the Cat's place is the first stop Saturday. You can PM me or Vampiress RN for the address if you do not have it. You can either Mapquest or GPS for directions, but it is pretty easy to get to. Off Highway 50 at Sunrise in Rancho Cordova. Once you are there, I have printed out the rest of the hosts addresses and directions to their places and these will be available at the first stop.

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-10-08 06:37 ]

Oooh, Painkillers. I LOVE those. I'm serving Polynesian Paralysis. It's going to be a yummy weekend!

Since Saturday might be a long day for folks, I will have a light lasagna dinner for everyone. Nothing fancy...just a little something to soak up the ETOH. I'll be serving a tropical punch and hope Brad will jump behind the bar for Mai Tai requests.

Drop me or PTD a PM or email if you need the EVite. The weather will be great for crawling!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the crawl!!!!

Looks like we have close to twenty confirmed participants...busy day today and not much time left to pull everything and take pictures for the sale...may have to hold off til tomorrow or you may just have to come see for yourself.

Still time to let us know if you want to come.

PTD

Sorry I can't make it, I'm DJing a 50th anniversary midday party. Lots of Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry. Hope to see some of you at Brenda's. Duane our first crawl was in 2006. I am happy Sacramento is on the tiki map once again. You guys rock, have a great and safe crawl.

Hey Duane,

I hear you on the busy day! I've been dusting and preping the Keno Kai for visitors. We've rinsed out the tiki mugs for drinks and will have some fine food ready for snacking. Can't wait!

Thanks for setting up the crawl, this should be fun. I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them soon after.

See you all tomorrow :)

Mookie

It's going to be a great two days, come one come all, Wendy and Dan

W

Can't wait. See everyone tomorrow!

Looking forward to the first stop, so I can have a Painkiller.

Still working on the sale, but here is a preview...

Three Miguel Corbarrubias prints, two original and one later copy all old!

There will be Witco, velvet paintings, wood carvings, Coco Joes, and I have not even got to the mugs yet!

bigbadtikidaddy is going to bring some stuff as well, maybe others??

Later,

PTD

See you Sunday

W

Had a great time today meeting all the tiki Sac Ohana and being invited into lovely homes. Looking forward to the same tomorrow. Life here is good.

Good to see you!!! Had a lot of fun today.....great Ohana!!!!! See you in the morning at Alohacurrent's pad!!!

Tacky and Kahili

Dazed and confused and tired and happy and I will post some pictures soon.

What I am really tryin to accomplish tomorrow is to have the first ever Tiki Girls Gone Wild Flash The Camera Sacramento Edition happen on Sunday. So far Chief Bartender and Tikihammer are on board, but I need you to PM them both to further convince them this is a worthy of posting?

Maybe not, but I thought it was worth a try...

Regualar pics tomorrow!

Thanks to Tikimookie and Matt the Cat and VampiressRN for hosting today and see everyone else in 14 hours! hah!

PTD

On 2009-10-10 20:38, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
What I am really tryin to accomplish tomorrow is to have the first ever Tiki Girls Gone Wild Flash The Camera Sacramento Edition happen on Sunday. So far Chief Bartender and Tikihammer are on board, but I need you to PM them both to further convince them this is a worthy of posting?

Maybe not, but I thought it was worth a try...

And when did I agree to this TGGWFTCSE? (Please recall I'm not a girl and I'm not sure anyone wants me to flash anything for the camera.)

Mahalos to Duane and Ami for their hospitality yesterday on the crawl.

It was great to see everyone again and to finally get to meet you and Ami.

Your collection is amazing, glad I got to see it.

It's another beautiful day today, perfect for crawling...

Ditto from us. We had a wonderful time with everyone. Entertaining conversation, terrific tiki collections and decor, wonderful food and a tiki sale to tip it all over the top. Thank you everyone.

We'll have a lot of food when you arrive in Elk Grove today for our tour. So please come hungry.

Dan and Wendy

Looking forward to crawling today...see ya'll soon. :)

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.