Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

1963 Hawaiian Vacation

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

On 2009-08-10 16:50, Dustycajun wrote:
Wow, Kate!

Talk about saving the best for last.

I agree, DC. That menu was the perfect ending to a lovely vacation. On the next page we end up back on the plane flying home.

Page 42

Page 43

Page 44

Page 45

Thanks, Kate!

J

thanks kate that was awsome. I really enjoyed seeing the scrapbook

jennifer VanOosting allen

I have one last set of items to share. Although I mentioned earlier that the scrapbook was 46 pages, page 46 is actually an envelope containing a few odds and ends.

Here you go.

Page 46 or The Envelope

Back in May when I started looking through this scrapbook at Oceanic Arts, by page 3 I knew that I had to buy it. After sitting down and really going through it at home, I knew that I wanted to post it for everyone on TC. It reminded me so much of what this site used to be about.

I hope that you all enjoyed this trip back to 1963.

that was great.

P
phinz posted on Wed, Jun 23, 2010 6:06 PM

On 2009-07-30 17:34, Tiki-Kate wrote:
This next page has some of my favorite graphics. I love those Dole pineapple girls.

I got a good laugh from the suntan lotion manufacturer telling users to apply more after they're done in the sun for the day to moisturize the skin and from the pride that Dole took in the massive amounts of spraying that they did on their crops.

Not to mention their pride in their "jiuce line".

M

Just spent a good hour revisiting this post. What a wonderful memory of a trip I would love to have experienced. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Van Oosting, and most especially to Kate.

T

Such an amazing thread! Was trying to find some information on the menu posted on the OA auction website and fell into this treasure trove of history. Thanks so much for posting all of this!!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies