Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Milana's Little Grass Shack is now completed!! Enjoy!

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha friends - well, my wife Valerie never ceases to amaze me. She's always been into woodworking, but now she's really outdone herself!

3 months in the making, 1 major illness along the way, 2 trips to Oceanic Arts and about 100 trips to Home Depot.....and finally --- Milana's little grass shack is finished! Our 4 year old daughter is gonna love spending time in here.

There's not a thing that she didn't do entirely by herself. I basically just provided the uke accompaniment for inspiration, while sittin on my butt.

Now if I can talk my wife into building me a thatched hut recording studio....

H
hewey posted on Fri, Aug 14, 2009 4:59 PM

Such an awesome looking hut, and we only get one pic? MORE PICS! :D

That looks great, reminds me of McHale's Island, where do you hitch up the PT boat?

B

You gonna rent that out to the general public? I'd live there!

W

That's just beautiful.

Once again I'm happy to discover the eye for detail people on Tiki Central have and the desire to see a project done in an exceptional manner.

Of course your problem now is your missus did this for your four year old...The bar has been set pretty high for future projects.

T

Tony & Valerie,
It was nice meeting you at Amy's party on Friday night. My wife & I had only viewed Milana's little grass shack on my blackberry screen. Now that we have viewed it on a bigger screen you can really see all the detail. Valerie did an awesome job.

Mike & Karen

GREAT JOB!
wow...

I wanna move in!

Nice work! And think, if you ever end up in the "dog house" it's a pretty swank place to be.

I want one

How neat is that?! Milana's got some cool folks!

-Andy
http://tikijoesocean.com

K

Love it! Anything cool inside to show pics of?

WOW!!! That is fabulous...your wife is quite a talent. I'm lucky if I can file my nails evenly. What a great accomplishment. Would love to see the inside...wink wink. :)

That is really great and she did it all by herself, wow! it looks great and another cool addition to the yard.

Amy

BB
Big B posted on Mon, Aug 24, 2009 6:20 PM

This is awesome ... ive got to build my boy one of these !!!!

Absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about the major illness. I hope all is well now.

Pages: 1 15 replies