Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies

C
claq50 posted on Fri, Mar 4, 2011 4:55 PM

Thanks,
Ive been wanting to do some bigger work but im having a tough time finding big enough logs. Ive had a ton of big queens come my way, but they all rot out before I can get any work done on them. So for now im just keeping up the practice with these smaller ones.

N
NIxxon posted on Fri, Mar 4, 2011 6:49 PM

Those two are SIIIICK!!! Def your best work so far...its really cool to see so much improvement with each new piece...keep it up!

A
amate posted on Sat, Mar 5, 2011 8:53 AM

lookin' good!

T

Now that looks like a challenging carve! Way to pull it off.

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Mar 6, 2011 2:03 PM

Sic wave top Claq! I like these....I don't know why, but, I do.

C
claq50 posted on Mon, Mar 7, 2011 6:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did both of these tikis at the same time, they went pretty fast. I finally got a draw knife this week and its definitly one of my better investments. Cuts the log prep time way down. I just shaved three logs yesturday in about 30 min. Hope to have some new work up soon.

C

Just got another 6 logs, im up to about 15 now so i got my work cut out for me.

Hi, fellow West Palmian/tiki carver! It's an impressive collection of work you have! I especially like the last two and that 6 footer, ...that thing is awesome!

C

Thanks for checking out my work. Where in west palm are ya? I'm out in royal palm beach. I just got around to debarking and sanding 6 logs. Gonna start carving tomorrow.

That's cool! I'm right over in Wellington! How do you find logs? I mostly find mine while driving around town. I'm actually looking forward to hurricane season... probably rent a chainsaw and a U-haul! haha Stock up for the winter!

C

I grew up in Wellington. Small world. I pretty much do the same, that cold snap we had during the winter produced a few good logs. My other hook up is through a landscape company, every now and then they can get me a good assortment.

Yeah? Me, too! Class of 96' Just moved back to the area about 3 years ago. A very small world indeed! I just finished a tiki, but it's a mess (stain-wise)...not sure how I'm going to save it. I have a few small logs laying around, but I think I'm going to hold off a bit...in hopes off finding a 6+ footer.

C

Ive just finished four new carves, just waiting to seal. I only have pics of the first two right now but ill post pics of the other two tomorrow. enjoy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies