Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!

Pages: 1 2 86 replies

T

Awesome work as always, Doug! The Undead Mug Collector is great!

Tomorrow is the big day, really looking forward to it... just hope I have everything done in time!

All that raw talent up North at one time!
Earth-Shaking!
Have a great Time,kids
and people...
support your tiki artists
they're good kids!
:)

And don't forget to bring lotsa CASH! There's no longer an ATM at FI, so make that CASH stop before you come.

Drats, I can't go. Someone drink and spend cash for me (an easy order to fill)!!

On 2009-09-26 17:22, Easter Island Elvis wrote:
Drats, I can't go. Someone drink and spend cash for me (an easy order to fill)!!

Double Drats I was gonna ask you to do the same for me

M
mp posted on Sat, Sep 26, 2009 9:12 PM

Awesome work everybody! Eric the Bob bag is killer! I will be at the sale tomorrow
with all kinds of stuff. Ill have some tiki and non tiki paintings, a few mp mugs
and a few tiki farm mugs. Also a bunch of fun thrift store stuff.
Looking forward to it. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Mu Fanchoo will see you tomorrow

**REMEMBER BRING LOTS OF CASH....NO ATM AT FORBIDDEN ISLAND, WE NO LONGER TAKE CREDIT CARDS, :( WE WILL ACCEPT CHECKS. :o

We have several close out Tiki's 3 ft - 4 ft at very reasonable prices.

Here are some of the other works available:

Wall Tiki

Wall Tiki 2

A Bamboo Ben from my collection

Original Painting

REAL Stained Glass Tiki Bar sign

Custom Stained Glass Moai Heads

also

I have a framed print of August Holland's "Pearl of Wisdom" as seen in Forbidden Island

Woot! We're packing up the car!

L

Really great to meet so many of the Ohana today...and loved having some of the SoCal gang up here as well.

It was a great event and hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

Thanks Mike for getting it all together!

Some Pix of everyone enjoying themselves. If you look carefully there is a shot of Hummu Hummu in there as well.

It was great seeing everyone there includgin MisTiki, Brenda and Nyteshade.

Thanks to Mike, Suzanne and the whole crew at Forbidden Island for making this such a fun time.

MAHALO to you all.

Mahalo to everyone who stopped by (and to buy). It was baking out there, but the Ohana was not to be missed. :) Big props to Mike, Suzanne, Jessica and the rest of the FI Crew. Good work, y'all.

Oh, and...

On 2009-09-24 22:46, tobunga wrote:
And I made some framed maps made from vinyl, fuzzy car upholstery and Naugahyde. They are inspired by those vintage maps from travel agencies of south seas islands, and are all three dimensional and stuff!

So much more fabulous in person*** I HAD TO HAVE IT!!***

Wow, the turn out was spectacular! This certainly was our biggest and best Parking Lot Sale to date. Right at 2pm we had a good size crowd. By 4pm, the place was jumping and it stayed that way through the final set of the Lee Vilensky Trio!!

A huge thanks to the vendors, some of whom traveled a great distance just to be there, for making this all possible. The selection of goods was mind-blowing and seeing "sold" signs on all these wonderful pieces was heart warming!

Mahalo to all who made it out there and a huge thanks to my managers and staff, who effortlessly quenched the thirst of the masses, without even breaking a sweat!

Here are some pics:

The FI parking lot gets transformed

The King gave us all his blessing

So cute!! And that Tiki Bob doll aint bad either!

The Taco Truck arrives!

One of Jungle Trader's fabulous pieces leaves the building

"And here's one of.." Mai Tai showing Mo'Eye what went on beyond his booth

The Lee Vilensky Trio kept the revelry going till the very end

Also, check out Enid Westberg's slide show on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24635180@N07/sets/72157622468993450/

MAHALO!!! Till next year...

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2009-09-29 00:45 ]

CL

Great pictures Michael! We had a great time. Thanks for putting on a great event - again and again! And I think Bill was actually probably showing either pictures of the party the night before (which you would have been in :)) or the TV warehouse sale. Either way, he is our resident documentarian of all of the great things going on in the Bay Area and elsewhere! :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2009-09-28 13:18 ]

Thanks Mike, Suzanne, Susan, Mano, staff. Awesome. I LOVE Forbidden Island!

P

Looks like a terrific event.
Awesome art.

Couldn't this be a twice a year event? We had to work this weekend and missed out on all the fun.

On 2009-09-28 18:48, danlovestikis wrote:
Couldn't this be a twice a year event? We had to work this weekend and missed out on all the fun.

Ditto, one year apart from F.I. is too long. uhhm, except I was there in March.

Wow! What a great time I had!! A big thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and a really, really big thank you to Michael and the FI staff for putting on a great event! You guys rock! Northern California rocks! Beer rocks!

Mahalo!

MH

Hi,

Just wanted to say I had a nice time at the event, out from Boston! great timing that it happened while I was in San Fran. Great to see Humu, and meet bongo fury in his hut, see Otto again, and meet Mai Tai (can I be invited to some of those crawls!?) Suzanne, I did a double take seeing you out there! The only wish here is that the full menu was available; I finally got out there to FI, and it was super limited on the drinkos. Next time I suppose.

saludos!
Mr. Ho

looked like fun - maybe sometime I'll be back there again with good timing

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2009-09-29 11:31 ]

I had a terrific time. Thanks to Michael, Suzanne, and all the crew! It was my first Tiki event without the ex-husband anywhere around. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome and not like a leper. Tiki ohana are the warmest people around. I am lucky to count you as my friends.

Big Mahalos to Michael who treated me like visiting royalty, the Forbidden Island staff...Suzanne for the extra special fall drinks (loved the one with the pineapple falernum) the crazy bowl drink with the huge flame, the off-the-menu swizzle and many more. Somehow I ended all 5 nights at FI. Thanks to all that came by and said hello and bought Okolehao's Black Velvets and some of my stuff, and my little brother "Hurricane" Vic.

Special thanks to Mai Tai & Coco Loco who put me up for a few days and helped me put on a few pounds at all the local diners. The food & drinks at the Conga Lounge were great. It was really nice to meet all the Northern California Ohana that I had not met at other events plus the good folks from Wisconsin. Great food, great drinks, great people. Ray, Michelle, Scott, Brenda, Chad, Jenny, Mel, Ron, Jen, Bill, Maria, Caroline, Rob, Doug, Stacey, Will, and.....and.....

More thanks to Juan at Trader Vic's Palo Alto for the "extra" special cocktails. Also Pat at Judd's Hill and late night pie & burgers with Swamp Fire and Happy Chi....

I will try hard not to wait 15 years between visits and I will bring Mrs. Fury with me next time.

Aloha!

M
mp posted on Tue, Sep 29, 2009 8:10 PM

Thank you Michael and everyone at the Forbidden Island for an awesome time. Also thank you
to everyone to came by to say hello, pick up something and Mahalos to everyone who took some of the
free monkeypod bowls home. Purging all those bowls helps me with my awful thrift store sickness :)
I borrowed a few picks from Enid Westbergs flickr page to show some of the pieces that have new homes now.
Enid I hope you dont mind.

Uncle Roger and Mu Fanchoo

Suffering Bastard carving from my wedding and Cuerpo O Alma, a day of the dead painting.
What a good time! Thanks again everyone, MP

Great event!
The newest member of my tiki family shown with his creator Jungle Trader.
Congrats on finding new homes for ALL your awesome tikis!

See ya' at the RockaHula Duane. (sp?) They cleaned me out man. I gotta carve balls out for the next 2 weeks, and that's a real good thing. Keep it Aloha!

We named that guy "Vic" and Vic thinks you may as well start carving his moa brother first :D Same size as the smaller one that was bought out from under me :(
T.O. in Hollywood then back up north for RockaHula...Oh the tiki madness!
Cheers, Dwayne :drink:

Check your PM's Dwayne. Flashing red envelope.

Is there going to be a 5th Parking Lot Sale? There is no mention of it on the Forbidden Island event calendar for September.

Just got a happy reply from Forbidden Island that there will indeed be a Parking Lot Sale this year Sunday, September 26. Vendors....start carving now!!!

and as a bonus just one day before.....
Saturday September 25 South Bay Home Tiki Tour
make a weekend of it

Lake Tiki has plans to be at this one!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 9:07 AM

GROG' unemployment run out by this time, so there good chance GROG want to come up and vend as well.

CL

Yay, look forward to seeing you up here GROG!! :)

On 2010-07-20 20:17, Rum Runner wrote:
and as a bonus just one day before.....
Saturday September 25 South Bay Home Tiki Tour
make a weekend of it

I have this weekend shindig starting with the south bay home tiki bar tour on my calendar but I don't know if there are going to be tickets sold to this event or what. Does anyone else know? Is it just a show up and hang event or is there going to be some kind of head count?

[ Edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-07-21 15:02 ]

T

Hey, I get laid off on the 24th...now I've got something to look forward to that weekend!

On 2010-07-21 08:49, Lake Surfer wrote:

Please do your very best to make it. Two years ago I bought a piece from you that I love and I was sorry you were not there for the last one.

On 2010-07-21 22:27, SuperEight wrote:

On 2010-07-21 08:49, Lake Surfer wrote:

Please do your very best to make it. Two years ago I bought a piece from you that I love and I was sorry you were not there for the last one.

Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you again this year! I've got some really special pieces lined up for this year's sale!

The wahine and I are looking forward to a whole weekend of NorCal tiki with the home bar tour the previous day and all the other treasure the Bay Area has to offer!

AceyTiki are talking about coming down for this. Tropicali*honey may be coming up from San Diego to meet us, too.

W
Weitz posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 1:07 PM

I love FI, but I'm going to be in Moorea starting Sept 15. Can a lovely bay area (preferably someone who lives in SF or Berkeley) person pick me up something and I'll pay them back? I'm dying for one of those fugu mugs if they decide to sell them again.

Pages: 1 2 86 replies