Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

End Of September Tiki Mug Trade Off **please post here regarding next trade**

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

L

Started this in the old tax day trade thread but here is a new thread....

This would be done in order to still allow the Christmas trade to take place.

If there is interest then I would be more than happy to organize the swapping since Bogielocks has retired from being in charge.

I figure post that you want to take part by Sept 20. If there is enough interest then I will make sure everyone has their names within a day or two after that. Then you need to have your package shipped by Sept 30. Within the first 2 weeks of October we could be posting our trades on this thread.

Yes it can be international which will include Canada of course :)

I would like there to definantly be a Christmas trade personally because it was so great last year so if this trade and a holiday trade are too close together please leave your feedback here.

I am thinking if we can get 15-20 traders than its a go. And yes you can participate more than once.

SO far :
Bongo Bungalow
Closettiki
Myself
Psycho Tiki D
TikiPug
Mrs. TikiPug
CoCo Joe
Minitor
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Shaker
Slacks Ferret
ExquisiteCorpse (2 times)
Bogielocks
Queen Kamehameha (2 times)
Easter Island Elvis
Tikiville
Pikey's Dog
Tikipaka
Unkle John
Tacky Tiki
Big Kahuna
Nukke
Sneakyjack
Tikisgrl
Lighting Steve
Sweet Daddy Tiki
KiltedTiki (2 times)
Brokeassbuilder
Debbiedotikito
VampressRN
R/A tiki guy
MikeyTiki (2 times)
TikiPops
Ukutiki
8FT
Rantiki
Tropical Icebergs
Tiki Lee
Tobunga

are in.

I will keep updating the list periodically.

Any feedback / questions are always welcome!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-09-27 19:27 ]

T

I'm up for a trade but, not for Christmas because of the mail situation. It takes forever for packages to get places at Christmas time. Using Thanksgiving as a target for a receipt date even though it's an American Holiday and not a traditional time to receive gifts might be more logical?

Thoughts? Comments?

CJ

count me in

M

I'm in for a Sept/Oct trade...maybe with a Halloween twist??? I think a Christmas time trade would be far enough away to not lose anything from having the Sept/Oct one before it.

I'm in! I love the mug trade.

count me in.

Yeah. I'm in too!

count me in x2

Put me down for one too..

Rick

Liz, if you need help, let me know.. :)

T

I'm In! Yeah baby! :D :D

S

In!!!!!! :D

PD

I'd like to join in if there's room...

Cheers from the UK.

Joe.

UJ

Count me in!

Count me in too!

YAAAY I'm In!

Im in!

TT

I'm in!!!

Gotta go mix a drink and start packing up a box.....

:drink:
Tacky

BK

Awright, toots, I'm in!

L

Nukke I will add you to this list since you left your name on the other thread. I will update the names in a bit.

Few things for the newbies/members who have not traded before:

Although this is a 1 mug for 1 mug trade a lot of people go above and beyond and include extra items. You are under NO obligation to do this...but if you would like some extra ideas on things you could include please check out the other trade threads. I like the idea of Halloween themed so although that is not a requirement you could expand in that area if you so choose.

By signing up here you are confirming you will not only receive a trade but will send one as well. Please do not leave your trader hanging. If there is a problem once trades are asigned please PM me so I can see how I can help you.

For mug ideas please check on ooga-mooga for help seeing what your trader may not have. This would be a good time to update your ooga-mooga lists people :wink:

This trade is international...so you may have to ship outside your country. Keep this in mind when you start coming up with ideas to send.

The way I will pick will be to draw names from a hat. I know there are major and minor collectors/collections on here....we are all open to receiving something we already have because these trades are about meeting new people and no one can be guaranteed that they will get a new mug...its always best to try to send something that the other person may not have but once again no pressure...please just have fun!

My favorite part of these trades are the personal touches. Be sure that somewhere on the box or in a note that you indicate who you are so your tradee knows who sent their box!

Anything else people would like to add by all means do so.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any concerns or questions!

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Sep 2, 2009 1:31 AM

thanks Liz, didn't notice this thread last night. Definitely count me in!

yaya - from other thread too! just in case

T

I would like to be in! Thanks!

I would like to play again, x2
thanks

In.

S

Actually, I'm not going to participate this round. Sorry.

I have never done this and am not real sure on just what to do but I would like to give it a try. Don`t have much in the way of extras and worry about offending my recipient by sending something lame,lol. But I'll give it a try because who doesn't like getting a present!!

L

On 2009-09-04 00:17, Lightning Steve wrote:
I have never done this and am not real sure on just what to do but I would like to give it a try. Don`t have much in the way of extras and worry about offending my recipient by sending something lame,lol. But I'll give it a try because who doesn't like getting a present!!

No time like the present to take part! Dont worry about offending anyone...think of this as a way to get to know more of the people on here that you may not ever have spoken to before.

Best advice is once you have your trader's name check out some of their posts. Do they post a lot of movie stuff..or mention that they love hula girls..or have said somewhere what their favorite drink is?

Make it personal...
send recipe cards or drink coasters
items that are Canadian specific-like funky candies that are only available in your area or travel trinkets like postcards
tiki art you made yourself
halloween stuff--since it will be received in October

really the skies the limit. Look at some of the other posts for ideas and remember it is really about the mug you trade...so dont freak out over the extras do as little or as much as you want. :)

i again am new to this but definetly intrested!!!

Sorry I posted on the wrong one. So here goes again.I am in!

I'm in...just hope my swag helps to soften the blow if the mug I send is a repeat or totally lame to a seasoned collector. :)

RTG

I'm in!

L

Hey everyone...if you have signed up please feel free to start sending me your mailing addresses. Oh and be sure to include your real name as well :wink:

And there is still time to join..lots of time actually...so feel free to throw your name in the ring for a trade.

:)

M

I'm in for two!

N
nuKKe posted on Thu, Sep 10, 2009 4:55 AM

Liz kindly and wisely asked us international participants, for a list of our vintage mugs. I don't really have many vintage mugs, but here's a list of my small collection, to help my partner. I excluded Bosko, Munktiki and limited edition Tiki Farm stuff, as I can't see a reason why anyone would give away their extras :wink:

This ISN'T my wishlist, it's my actual collection sans the above mentioned, AKA the largest mug collection in the Promised Land, as far as I can tell, at least.

so here it goes:
California souvenir mugs:
Sam's Seafood Maori
Royal Hawaiian
Bali Hai (both The Goof and Mr. Bali Hai)
Trader Vic's L.A
Tiki Ti coconut
Conga Lounge
Forbidden Island (old style brown and new style)

Non-Californian:
Kon Tiki Montreal
Otto's Shrunken Head
Fireside Moai
Harvey's bucket mug
Benihana geisha, buddha, samurai
Mai Kai barrel
Mai Kai X-eyed (unglazed and without any Mai Kai marking, must be a test or something)

Various Tiki Farm:
Drei Moai scorpion bowl
Goon brown
Grog brown
Giant Ku
Triple header
Benzart's Vicious

Other:
Cocount mug
PMP peanut
Orchids R73A (Hula Girl)
Orchids R12 (coffee mug)

[ Edited by: nuKKe 2009-12-08 12:09 ]

T

I'm in for one.

U

Count me in!!!!!

Thanks,

ukutiki

8T

8FT is IN!

R

Count me in!

L

Looks like we have lots of people in for the trade. Just bumping this thread to make sure anyone else who wants to take part is able to!

If you haven't sent me your address please pm it to me before Sept 20 - thanks!

L

I am bumping this again in case anyone else wants in. Please sign up / send me your info by the 20th.

Mahalos!

L

Last call for anyone wanting to trade this time around.

I am only waiting on 1 person's info so I should be able to match everyone by Tuesday at the latest.

Anyone else want to participate please speak up and then pm me your address.

Thanks!

Hey, I just made it!

I'm In!

L

All traders should of received your trades today.

Please remember to pm me when you have sent your package and if you have any issues with shipping please let me know.

Thanks everyone! Its going to be a good trade!

haven't heard anything

L

On 2009-09-22 16:41, exquisitecorpse wrote:
haven't heard anything

Your pm is showing "unviewed" that I sent yesterday. I just resent the same pm to you just now.

Please check your pms to make sure you get your trader info.

If you have any problems let me know . Thanks!

8T

I just mailed a package to my trader. I have my doubts as to whether they will be getting something they don't already have though. From the posts on "tiki finds" it seems that they find tons of stuff in the wild. I didn't knowingly send something they had shown. Hopefully if they receive something they already have, they won't be too disappointed.

L

Don't worry about that...its about having fun and your trader will be happy with whatever she/he receives!

I'll be posting mine out on Monday as I'm currently away from home over the weekend....

Cheers,
Joe.

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies