Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

End Of September Tiki Mug Trade Off **please post here regarding next trade**

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

L

Please PM me when you have sent your trade...no need to write it here.

Thanks!

N
nuKKe posted on Thu, Sep 24, 2009 2:55 PM

sent!

Mine was received today from 8FT Tiki. From the post made earlier, I have not found or own any of the three mugs or the placemat from Coco Palms. Not sure about the swizzle? Thanks so much for the package, card and items...good surprise today and also a reminder I need to get mine mailed out. Mine will go to my trader on Monday.

Westwood tiki, unmarked smaller dark Coconut and Pirate mug from Kona Kai in Kansas City MO.

Thanks again, 8FT Tiki!

PTD

L

Great to hear they were new to you Duane..8Ft was worried about that!

So glad to see that packages are being received already.

I havent posted a list of people who should be on the lookout for their packages because some folks have been commenting here so I didnt want the surprised ruined.

As the end of September gets a little closer I will however.

Any concerns or problems shipping please pm me .

Thanks and keep the pics coming!

M

I got my package a couple days ago. Closettiki was very generous and hit it out of the tiki ball park. Package included 3.25 mugs, all new to my 100+ collection. The Daga surfer mug will go into the surfer bathroom, the Islander bucket will go right into the proper tiki room and the Warehouse barrel will go into...guess I'll have to make a polka room for it to roll around in. Also included was a pack of Shag Pink Panther cocktail napkins, repo Trader Vic's menu and several stickers, magnets and such.

Thanks Closettiki!

Found a little something something to go into my trader's package at the Trader Vic's Warehouse Sale. Haven't closed the box yet, will be hitting the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale tomorrow and keeping an eye out for anything more that might work, then to the PO Monday to ship.

[ Edited by: minitor 2009-09-26 12:07 ]

T

Sent!

L

As of today here is a list of the people whose packages are on their way --if you havent received them already please be on the lookout:

Exquisite Corpse
Minitor
Tiki Shaker
Pikey's Dog
VampiressRN
Ukutiki
Big Kahuna
MikeyTiki
Psycho Tiki D

Once again please PM me when you have shipped.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please do not write here :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-09-28 16:21 ]

L

8 FT Tiki
Tiki Kupcake
SneakyJack
Slacks Ferret
Queen K

keep an eye out!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-09-28 17:36 ]

I got my mug trade from ukutiki today; thank you very much I love the mug! Do you know if he was supposed to be holding something above his head?

The mug is from Moy's Japanese Steak House in Livonia, Michigan, which ukutiki says closed several years ago.

U

The Hotei isn't holding anything. He is just happy. I'm happy you like the mug. :)

L

Keep an eye out....

Tikiville
Coco Joe
Kilted Tiki
Bongo Bungalow
Closettiki
Exquisite Corpse
Tiki Pops
Tiki Pug
BrokeAssBuilder
Easter Island Elvis
:)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-09-30 00:51 ]

L

Tikisgrl was my trader :)

Thanks Beth...love the F.O.M. swizzle also!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-10-01 20:02 ]

LT

Very nice. I particularly like the Harvey's swizzle and the Orchids bowl. Where is the Moai swizzle from?

U

Sweet Daddy Tiki was my inbox trader. Great stuff! A Daga Eyeless Ku (which I didn't have) plus a Gilligan DVD, tiki stickers, 2 postcards from The Beachcomber Restaurant, and Happy Meal Moai. Mahalo.

On 2009-09-26 12:05, minitor wrote:
I got my package a couple days ago. Closettiki was very generous and hit it out of the tiki ball park. Package included 3.25 mugs, all new to my 100+ collection. The Daga surfer mug will go into the surfer bathroom, the Islander bucket will go right into the proper tiki room and the Warehouse barrel will go into...guess I'll have to make a polka room for it to roll around in. Also included was a pack of Shag Pink Panther cocktail napkins, repo Trader Vic's menu and several stickers, magnets and such.

Thanks Closettiki!

Found a little something something to go into my trader's package at the Trader Vic's Warehouse Sale. Haven't closed the box yet, will be hitting the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale tomorrow and keeping an eye out for anything more that might work, then to the PO Monday to ship.

[ Edited by: minitor 2009-09-26 12:07 ]

ALL I can say is that Idolmaker Sticker is priceless! - Must have been found at Oasis?

L

On 2009-09-30 16:47, LOL Tiki wrote:
Very nice. I particularly like the Harvey's swizzle and the Orchids bowl. Where is the Moai swizzle from?

Its from : Polynesian Village - Somerset Hotel

Lucky, lucky me had Unkle John as the TC'er with my name. A package arrived today:

Mmmmm... what could it be? A drawing of glass floats and the words, "Breakables Inside".

Well, lets looky inside... packing corn? I love packing corn!

But maybe there's more...

Hey, here's a couple of Hawaiian touristy materials, sure to be collector's items... a little tiki guy with tiki picks... a skeleton necklace and some umbrellas and garnish sticks. Very nice!

But there seems to be more! What's wrapped up in newspaper?

Oh my tiki, it's a skull mug! Very nice glaze.

And an indigo tiki! Sharp and I don't have tikis like these!

Thank you Unkle John!

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2009-10-01 12:02 ]

L

Keep an eye out...

R/A Tiki Guy
Bogielocks
Tiki Lee
Lightning Steve
Debbiedotikito

Been away for a week, but came home to find a sweet little tiki surprise...

My trade came from RanTiki. Lotsa great stuff. I'm still camera-less, but borrowing one tomorrow so I can take pictures. I just wanted Randy to know everything arrived safe and sound. To answer your question..
Nope, I don't have it.

Mahalo

Rick

TT

I'm so jealous! Those who have received their boxes got great stuff! I've never seen the Westwood 8ft sent PTD! And I have a few Westwoods (but am always getting more...got one today, in fact! Love them!)
And nice swizzles! Postcards! Stickers!!!

I hope my box is on the way....saving a spot on the shelf for the new mug....can't wait.....what mug will it be?.....ohh! tiki goodness on the way........can't wait!...it's like Christmas.....a surprise new mug...love them all so it doesn't matter what I get.....can't wait!......

:drink:

Tacky

my trade arrived today........
hmmmm...a tapa wrapped box....
.thank you Tikiville

a great mug i did not have..........and a great bunch of swizzles.....
ive been saving up swizzles to frame and this gives me a lot of new ones......

the tiki trading gods have smiled upon me.........

L

Keep an eye out :

Tacky Tiki
Tikipaka
Tobunga
Mrs. Tiki Pug
Tropical Icebergs
Queen K
Tikey Mike
Keep in mind other packages may be on their way and I was not notified so keep an eye out everyone who is left

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-10-03 19:04 ]

Got mine from Mikey Tiki!

I'm thrilled with the menu and signature mug from Thatch. I wouldn't have been able to get one of these otherwise...
Mikey also included a few other nice bonus swizzels and a toothpick holder. Thanks Tiki Mikey! I'm very happy.

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2009-10-04 22:48 ]

On 2009-10-03 20:21, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Thanks Tiki Mikey! I'm very happy.

Your welcome, I'm glad everything arrived OK and you like the mug. I will try to get the recipe for the Baby Eater drink that belongs in the mug you should really try it...

Got a package yesterday all the way from Canada yesterday

A couple of mugs I don't have, candles, giant swizzles and some swizzles from the Beachcomber in Canada.

Thanks Slacks Ferret!

T

I was out of town all last week. I had a great package sitting in my chair when returned. It was a box full of great stuff from Mrs. Tiki Pug. Here's a picture of everything.

A mug from Tiki Bar, Solomons Island, MD. A very nice Shag show poster. A shot mug from Mandalay Bay & one from Party City. Matches & coaster from Hukilau & the Mai Kai. A VooDoo Rum coaster. A box of Hawaiian Memories postcards. Postcards from Forbidden Island & Tiki Central Ohana Hut. Swizzle sticks from Hukilau, Frankie's, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Fraternal Order of Moai, & a cool Moai head one. Skull tiki soap, & some cool mug hangers. Oh-yeah, & a free drink card from Frankie's.

Here's a couple of close ups.

Mrs. Tiki Pug "Staci"
Thank you for everything, I did not have any of it. The mug is great. I remember reading about that place in Tiki Magazine. All of the Swizzle's, postcards, coasters & stuff are cool. I guess I'll have to plan a trip to Las Vegas for my free drink.
Thanks again, Mike TikiPops

Everyone looks like they all have received some really cool stuff, great going all that
were involved .I caught this thread kinda late otherwise I would have participated in
this fun trade .Congrads to all .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-10-04 20:04 ]

Mrs. Tiki Pug "Staci"
Thank you for everything, I did not have any of it. The mug is great. I remember reading about that place in Tiki Magazine. All of the Swizzle's, postcards, coasters & stuff are cool. I guess I'll have to plan a trip to Las Vegas for my free drink.
Thanks again, Mike TikiPops

You're welcome. When you make it to Vegas, give us a call and we'll me you at Frankies for a drink.

Did you find the greeting card? I think it was in the bottom of the box.

T

Quote:

You're welcome. When you make it to Vegas, give us a call and we'll me you at Frankies for a drink.

Did you find the greeting card? I think it was in the bottom of the box.

I'll send you a PM on our next trip to Las Vegas. I did get the card. A nice Shag card. I
forgot to include it in my pictures.
Thank again, Mike

Well I got my goods today and all I can say is Mahalo to PTD! - Duane.
Good stuff - I did have the mugs but its all good - I like to have back ups! Stirrers are cool and match books too! PLUS Hawaii pics! and Shag card..

Excellent work! And nice Packing! all very much appreciated!
I love Islander stuff fo' sure!
Thanks again all in good fun!

• My trader person should have (her's) soon hope it works out!
T

Well, I opened the mail box and pulled out this nice package. But as I lifted it I heard something Inside rattling around, and my heart dropped. I noticed it was sent all the way from CA., and I was sure it didn't survive the trip. So I was afraid to open it, it was sounding like metal rattling around inside.

So I cut the tape, opened the flap and :o :o Wow the first thing I noticed was a nice size, hand sketched art piece and note from my gift-er. This is looking great, but what was broken?

There was a nice Tiki candle, a large folded up Tiki surf/Tiki Oasis tote bag a small box and a nice sized bubble packed piece. I started with the small unopened box and pulled out a brand new 2008 Forbidden Island mug by Tiki Diablo, made by Tiki Farm in perfect condition. So what was broken? Next was the bubble packed piece, I picked it up and it was for sure rattling inside. Hmm, what's this, I've never seen one of these before? A mug of a Captain from John's Oyster Bar. But where was it broken, it looked intact? I flipped it over and inside was two Hal'e Tiki stirrers, and a nice blue tiki stirrer. Under all that in the box were two stacks of cocktail napkins, a vintage postcard of a Hawaiian Sunset, a VooDoo spiced rum sticker, and a Forbidden Island card along with a Tiki Oasis VIP entrance card.

But the real kicker here was when I was showing it all to my husband and I picked up the captain only to here the rattleling again. I flipped over my little Captain and found out where that sound of metal was coming from. :o :o For inside was yet another stirrer, this one from Forbidden Island AND a metal bottle top from a previously downed bottle of Bud! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My thanks go out to Deb Nelson aka Debbiedotikito.

And does she ever! :lol: :D :lol: :D

UJ

Hey Bongo, you are more than welcome!

Many mohalo's to Queen Kamehameha!

After a day of tiki finds in town, I arrived home to find a mysterious package sitting at my door. I brought it inside and opened it up, but before I could grab my camera, the box lifted up off the ground and levitated. It then started to glow and pulsate into a rhythm that would make Martin Denny proud. I started to hear harmonious singing that sounded like a mixture of Elvis, Don Ho, and Dean Martin that turned into a ebb and flow roar that sounded like a midnight surf. Before I passed out, I thought I smelled the sweet smell of a hibiscus.

When I awoke, the box was neatly sitting on the floor waiting for me to look inside. I thought for a moment on what I thought I had experienced and realized what it was. It was the spirit of ohana. I opened my box and found one of Squid's Squll mugs (that makes three awesome Squid pieces I own now) and a Tiki Farm Goon mug (#88 of 125)used in the Gathering of Friends back in 2005. This one is my first Doug Horne piece.

Again, mohalo Queen Kamehameha!

I got mine yesterday. I've been so crazy busy I haven't had time to take pictures, yet. I've barely had time to get on here. UGH! I promise I will get back on here in the next couple days and post some pictures. Until then, I wanted my mug sender to know my package arrived safe and intake. THANK YOU!

i picked mine trades up yesterday at the postal orifice and was very pleased and impressed.

my cat is inspecting the packages.

the awesomeness inside.

thank you so much!

You are welcome, exquisite corpse!

T

You are welcome. Let us know when you get to Vegas to claim your free drink at Frankies. We will meet you up there.

TT

I got my box, but I haven't taken pictures yet-but I will soon!!! Really cool stuff from Sneaky Jack! Mahalo for the box of tiki goodness!

:drink:
Tacky

I got my package yesterday, it was from R/A Tiki Guy. Most of my mugs I get from ebay and know just what I'm getting. But yesterday it really did feel like Christmas, I had know idea what I would find once the box was opened!! I was just thrilled when I did get it open....Thank You R/A Tiki Guy!!!!
A cool Bali Hai mug and a menu (my first), great swizzles, and a parrot mug which I have been wanting...cool!!!

R

I received my package over the weekend, but my digital camera is currently on the fritz.
However, I received the the same package as Uncle John (see photo above). Same packaging, same mugs except my "A Gathering of Friends 2005" Goon Mug is #85 of 125. So, since I can't match the name on the return to anyone on TC, I have to assume my trader was Queen Kamehameha as well. Mahalo for the two new mugs to my collection. Was this mug from a public event of a private gathering?

T

Got my package!

Mahalo leleliz!

I scored a cool Frankie's mug, a bunch of swizzles, tiki cocktail forks, fruity garnish picks, some great paper lantern garnishes, a funny vintage postcard, a little bit of Hawaiian beach sand, and the coolest thing, an AWESOME tapa shirt that's actually my size!

MAHALO again leleliz!!!

L

You are welcome Tobunga :)

Glad the shirt fit. I was hoping so!

Looks like people are getting some great stuff in their trades

Let me know if you have any issues that I can help sort out.

T

Thanks to my secret trade buddy for the great Cannibal mug from Thatch!

Pictures when I get back from my long weekend!

Thanks again,

Tikisgrl aka Beth

T

well today is a bust up here in Canada ( first sign of snow ...)
but there is a brite side ......

This is a great surprise as well !

Mahalo also for the thoughtfull inclusions KiltedTiki ,
( see what one can do with 9 bucks worth of shipping to Canada?)

This is a GREAT Idea and like most/all of the events on this forum worth every penny and minute!

The package has arrived...and it was a great surprise I was gifted by someone I had gifted before..It was a big plus...have not ripped into it as of yet, Mrs. is out of town and it's best when shared ..will open soon and share the results...thanks to Eric for the package..

We are preparing to open the "BOX"...8)

CJ

Thank you so very much T-PAK!!! I love playing this game!

Easter Island Elvis sent this mug. I'm very happy with it. Thanks Matt
Even my wife who puts up with my Tiki thing, likes it.
Now it just waiting for my other trade to get here.

The box has been opened...many , many thanks to the creativity and generousity of our sender "Tobunga" aka Eric October...the great and wounderful artist...8)

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies