Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

End Of September Tiki Mug Trade Off **please post here regarding next trade**

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

Tobunga..I'm ready to pour your drink...let me know when you will be stopping by..
.....8)

The 2nd trade came a few hours after my last post
I would like to thank Bogielocks for his great trade.
I didn't have any of these items.
can't wait until we do this again

Still no sign of my mug trade. Am I this year's Bongo Bungalow?

L

If you have received your trade BUT have not posted pics PLEASE let your trader know!

I have gotten a lot of messages regarding this issue and it would save everyone the trouble and worry if you sent your tradee a message. If you dont know who they are because they did not include their TC name pm me and I will tell you.

8T

Thanks to Lightning Steve from the Great White North.

Wood mug, tikifarm shot and candle holder.

Frankies, Kahiki and unmarked swizzles.
Various postcards.

C

I am very bummed I missed this one :P I have been involved in all the other swaps but I was on vacation in September and missed the posts, bummer! Is there going ot be a holiday swap?

OK, just for the record, I received my package many moons ago. I just kept forgetting to get batteries for the camera. Damn ADD! Thanks to Kilted Tiki for the second straight swap. I guess we're officially dating now! :lol:

More grat mugs, swizzles & swag. I gotta tell ya, I thought the pendant he sent me last time was cool, but this one's even cooler!
Mahalo KT, thanks again,
Rick

T

Finally was cutting up the box from my Tiki Trade & slipped in the bottom was a note from my Trader! Thanks Tiki Kupcake for my Cannibal Mug. Beth

Aloha!

My computer died last week, so I'm posting a quick note at work to say "Mahaloz Plenny" to the Tropical Icebergs for all the great stuffs! The PMP carvings are super-cool and unique!

T'anks Alot!

Ok-I'm trying again!! Been having problems getting the pictures to post!

My trader was Sneaky Jack. He sent me some really awesome stuff!

Here is the main grouping-minus the CD!!

Here are the assorted cards he sent me!!

Here are the Tiki Farm mugs he sent!!!

And the swizzles!! I love swizzles!

and last, but certainly not least....Exotica!!!!

Sneaky Jack sent me a bunch of stuff from the Ohana Luau at the Lake in Lake George NY. Swizzles, postcards, the above seen sticker. He also sent me the best CD of his own choice exotica tunes!! I listened to it all the way down to the Rock-a-hula Pool-a Party in Modesto last weekend! I'm going to put it on my new ipod this weekend! What a great way to share your favorite tiki sounds with friends!

Thank you so much Sneaky Jack, and Liz for putting this all together. I'm going to keep at trying to upload these dang pictures. I've done it before with no problem, but for the last several weeks it times out before they load! Shoot!

:drink:
Tacky

[ Edited by: Tacky Tiki 2009-10-25 18:03 ]

L

I have gotten a few messages about people not receiving their trades yet.

Packages were supposed to be shipped by the 1st week of October. It is now November so I am not sure why people did not ship and keep their end of their agreement but I know there are a few that have not.

Next trade if you plan on participating please keep in mind the ship date and show the same consideration to others as you would like shown to you. I know people get busy but a month out and you still have not shipped really is pushing that a bit far and is simply not fair to your tradee.

If you have not sent your trade or received your trade by now please pm me so I can find out what is going on.

I am thinking we could either do a Holday trade in December or a Happy New Year trade that could extend out the holiday season into January. I know a lot of people end up with super busy Decembers so I want to avoid this lag is shipping from happening again. If you sign up next time please do so ONLY if you can ship when required. If the issue is shipping internationally then by all means let me know. I tried to give out of the U.S. traders someone who was in the states so maybe they could get mugs they didnt have which would make the trade that much more enjoyable for everyone.
Input/thoughts are always appreciated for the next trade

Thanks!

N
nuKKe posted on Sun, Nov 1, 2009 10:23 AM

---WARNING-----NUDITY AHEAD------
Tiki Lee, you absolutely rock! I picked the package from my in-laws' office and was too impatient to wait til I get home and then open it and then wait for my brother to return my camera. Luckily, as I was devouring the content of the package my mother-in-law recalled that there's a camera in the office and took a pic. Not the best quality, image-wise, but look at the fantastic content:
An Adventureland card, guiding me to look through all the packaging layers.
:sheckymug:2 Orchids Of Hawaii mugs - my first ever OOH.
:sheckymug:An awesome Tiki Lee's pendant.
:sheckymug:Maori resin key chain.
:sheckymug:Napkins - Liberace and very heavy duty TV's.
:sheckymug:Swizzle sticks: Menehunes (one vintage, with a butt!), Frankie's, Castaways, :sheckymug:Hilton Hawaiian resorts and Flamingo.
:sheckymug:Letter opener with a gorgeous carved handle, dull and rusty like these self-defense apparati people carry with them when they go clubbing in certain parts of my city hehehe
:sheckymug:Mondo Tiki flyer.

But nevermind the tikis; Tiki Lee also sent 3 vintage Playmate posters that will go straight to the wall and an empty box of an item that redefines good taste: Luer pure lard.

Tiki Lee, you rock! If you ever make it to my neck of the woods I'll take you to drunken fishermen's bars in Haifa! To float on the Dead Sea! To an Oriental restaurant whose sign is a replica of the Sahara Hotel's famous neon!

Liz, you rock too, for being the hostess with the mostest. Thanks!

Keren/ nuKKe

[ Edited by: nuKKe 2009-11-01 14:06 ]

I had an early morning visit from the fedex guy today - he dropped off this big box

that was full of cool stuff

Huge[ass] Herman by Doug Horne - this big dude has got to hold 20 oz. easily (nope, just checked - a whopping 36 oz!) and a War God bank by danlovestikis Wendy

also some swizzles and Forbidden Island coasters and a packet of daisy seeds!

Thanks Marlena (VampiressRN), it was worth waiting for - I love it all and didn't have any of it.

T

Better than than never.
Brokeassbuilder sent me a sweet, sweet package of items i didn't have. Thanx.

Thank you to Tacky Tiki for the box of goodies. I love the earrings you made. I rocked them at the L.A. Trader Vics last weekend.

CJ

now I know where the came up with the name "Trader Dicks"

On 2009-11-06 11:00, Coco Joe wrote:

????

CJ

On 2009-11-06 11:04, Mrs. TikiPug wrote:

On 2009-11-06 11:00, Coco Joe wrote:

????

has nothing to do with you guys..just a comment

Why did you make the comment if it had nothing to do with us? Or is it something that has nothing to do with the trade, but it's funny and you'll share it on another post? Just curious, since you made the comment right after the picture of the stuff I sent to MrsTikiPug.

:drink:
Tacky

If it's not to late I'd like to comment on nothing, cause if I had something it wouldn't be the same as if I only want to say nutin about sumthin...so that was my nutin about somthin that really amounts to less than nutin about somtin..only a little less of it and "Please add more rum"...thanks for allowing my mindless post to be posted....8)

Sorry for the delay in getting these photos sorted, finally found the camera and the batteries at the same time!

My swapper was Nukke (Keren) - all the way from Sunny Israel.

First up was a bunch of Cool swizzles and cocktail decor, along with something bitter-sweet to eat:

Next, a very nice handwritten letter, on Shag stationary (natch) explaining all of the items in the trade.

A cool Havana Club glass - ideal for my 7 year old HC.

And two small pots of genuine Honey from the "Land of Milk and Honey"

(I'm saving these for Holiday Cocktails):

Finally, the mug itself, and I was super stoked to receive a hand thrown numbered edition Moai (#4), made by Keren herself!

It will sit happily amongst my other Moai pieces...

Many thanks to Keren for so many cool items.

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2009-11-21 08:19 ]

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2009-11-21 08:21 ]

I received it quite a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to taking pictures of the booty from my second trader TikiPops. Thank you very much, I didn't have any of these!

I'd love to ride this wave.

L

If you havent seen it yet we are having a swap come January 1 as like a post holiday swap-a-thon.

Please join up over here :

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34642&forum=5&20

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies