Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Jay Strongman @ Trader Vic's LA

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

Hi Jeff,

Yep, going to be at TV this Thursday spinning vintage beats and contemporary tunes for the discerning rum drinker....not sure about Thanksgiving....will know more tomorrow....will post any updates asap.

Mahalo, Jay

Missed last week. Hope to make it tomorrow!
Jay's eclectic mix really sets a great mood!
Kudos Trader Vic's!

Ooops, meant to post this on the weekend......... we're skipping TV tomorrow night for Thanksgiving....but we'll be back in full effect next week (Thursday 3rd December) . Watch this space for more details. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody ! Jay

Time to take another trip through the Eden musical jungle this Thursday......

Tap your toes to "Kon-Tiki" from Jungle Fantastique , marvel at "Miserlou" played Cha Cha Cha style and drift away to the sounds of Eden Ahbez's Enchanted Isle......plus lots more vintage and contemporary lounge & exotica......

The good people at Trader Vic's have just reminded me that due to prior commitments at the restaurant and bar (Office Christmas parties etc.) this Thursday 3rd December will be the last EDEN night until the New Year....hope to see y'all there..

I plan on being there for Navy Grog's and catching up with friends. Who else?

M

I'm gonna make this one! Anybody wanna meet at say around 6pm at the back poolside bar at the Hotel Figueroa beforehand?
Holden

If this is the last Eden lounge for 2009 then I'll be there for sure.

despite thinking I wasn't gonna go,
I am gonna try to make it now.

Jeff(btd)

I will try to swing over from an art opening in Chinatown.

BB

Forget about it Sven, It's Chinatown.

I'm planning on being there.

As a further incentive to come down to EDEN this Thursday, Trader Vic's have just told me that as a thank you to all the TC folk who have supported the night they're going to run a HAPPY HOUR from 8.00 to 9.00 this Thursday night !!!

Hey, did I mention this is going to be the last EDEN of 2009 and that HAPPY HOUR is between 8pm and 9pm ? I did ? Okay, just thought I'd mention it again ;0)

Just wanted to wish everyone on TIKI CENTRAL a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, MELE KALIKIMAKA, HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a GROOVY NEW YEAR and a big THANK YOU to all those who made the trek to TRADER VIC's for EDEN on Thursday nights !!!

ALL THE BEST,
JAY

TA

Mahalo To You Jay!!!

We had a Great time...Thankz for the Cooool Mix.....
And the Fantastic Drinkz!!!!

Look forward to doing it Again in 2010!!!!

Cheers in The Happy New Year!!!
Aloha, Tiki Al

Al,
i am drunk
Thanks for posting that pic of thee Sabu. holden and i. Jay at the Vics is a good time, a good call to arms. Jays mix, which as an audio-hile he got me with a few covers and originals that night was a blast, hope more for 2010

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2010-03-19 10:23 ]

Well, after the long winter, we're finally bringing back EDEN to TRADER VIC'S DOWNTOWN. This time around we'll be doing it monthly instead of weekly to make it more of an event. Same great drinks, same eclectic mix of music and, to celebrate the arrival of Spring, we're having the first EDEN of 2010 on THURSDAY 25th MARCH. Watch this space for more details and news of a very special party night in April......
Here's to Rum & Rhythm !
Jay

Yay!

very cool,
I can make once a month for sure.

Jeff(btd)

Yay! It's a DATE!!!

iTiki Launch Party: Trader Vic’s LA Gives Away Tiki-themed iPhone Cases To First Fifty Customers...

March 25, 2010--Trader Vic’s Los Angeles announces a special promotion whereby it will be giving away iTiki™ iPhone cases to the first 50 customers on Thursday, March 25.

iTiki is more than just an iPhone case. iTiki is a South Pacific deity from the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii, who protects iPhones from enemies. iTiki actually transforms your iPhone into a tiki by wrapping the phone in a snug-fitting silicone skin, designed to look like traditional Polynesian tikis.

John Valencia, Big Kahuna at Trader Vic’s LA, said, "We love these iTiki cases and we want our fans to know about them too. The first fifty folks who come in on March 25th will get their very own iTiki case. They just need to get here in time while we still have some."

The cases were painstakingly designed over a 6-month period, with a careful eye towards making every single detail capture the fun and exotic nature of tiki art and culture.

Valencia added, "What better place than Trader Vic’s, the home of the original Mai Tai, to let the world know about one more way to tiki-fy your life."

Also appearing at Trader Vic’s on March 25th will be DJ Jay Strongman’s EDEN event. The pioneer in the booming club London club scene, Strongman mixes house, electro, disco, world music, hip hop, funk, northern soul and rock music that keep crowds entertained all night. Strongman is often requested for nightclubs, private parties and events for Madonna, Pink, Playboy’s Hugh Hefner, Whitney Houston Sony Music and MTV Europe. Now Trader Vic’s at L.A. LIVE patrons won’t even have to pay a cover to be treated to his weekly performances.

The cases are only available for the first fifty customers so customers should arrive promptly at 8pm to guarantee their own case.

iTiki is available in two colors:
() Pacific -- the cool blue of the ocean.
(
) Koa -- the warmth of Hawaiian wood.

iPhone users who can’t make the event can acquire their own iTiki at http://www.tikicase.com for $29.97. iTiki can be shipped anywhere in the world.

More information about both products can be found at: http://www.tikicase.com

That Tikicase is too funny! I want one in "Koa" (is that Hawaiian for "orange"?) The perfect frame for the Beachbum Berry application! What else can be put into the Tiki's mouth as an application: A Hula-dancing Wahine? Fire? Common Hawaiian phrases, spoken in a deep Tiki voice?

Hi bigbro,

I'm one of the two guys behind the iTiki cases. I'm glad you like 'em, especially since it took so long to get the design just right. :)

Koa is a type of wood found primarily in Hawaii, making it very expensive. It has a lovely bright shine to it which is very distinctive. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Taylor_Swift.jpg ) The orange was simply the closest we were willing to come to a wooden brown. (We really did think about making a proper wooden texture one, but it would have been very dull.)

As for what you can put in his mouth, I do have (and hope to post them online in a bit) some wallpapers you can put on your iPhone so that you can still see the back of his throat even when he's on your phone. When you get one of these cases on the 25th (or from the site later) and want a wallpaper, just email me or send me a message here.

Terence

I love those cases. I definately would like to order one as well in Koa. And would love a wallpaper as well. Should I just go to your website and purchase them from there? Great work

T

Hi!

I'll go bug Tim (my brother and the other guy behind iTiki) about whether the site's ready for orders and get back to you shortly. (Promise!) I don't think we were prepared for the photos of the cases to get out ahead of the party proper, but we love the enthusiasm.

Thanks!

The quest for Exotica continues next THURSDAY 25th MARCH with EDEN @ TRADER VIC'S LOS ANGELES, from 8pm 'til late. Besides the chance to snag an iTiki case, to relax in the tropical atmosphere of Trader Vic's and to relish an amazing cocktail or three, there'll be an aural melange of Tiki Bar friendly sounds.

Listen out for versions of "TABOO","QUIET VILLAGE" and "CARAVAN" from these albums plus plenty more contemporary and classic Exotica and lots more ....

Quick reminder and an invitation to spend an evening sampling Rum n' Rhythm @ EDEN this THURSDAY 25th MARCH , 8.00 until late @ TRADER VIC'S LOS ANGELES.

Hope to see y'all there.

Digging deep for Exotica grooves....

Ladies and gentlemen, swingers and flingers, pussy cats and aristocrats....get ready to start your motors and head Downtown tomorrow night for EDEN at TRADER VIC'S LA....8 pm until late. Revel in the Polynesian oasis that is Trader Vic's, sample the rum cocktails that have inspired generations and listen to the classic and contemporary sounds of Exotica, surf, Bossa & much more AND be one of the first fifty to arrive after 8pm to get one of the brand new iPhone iTiki cases.....

EDEN @ TRADER VIC'S DOWNTOWN LA, THURSDAY 25th MARCH FROM 8.00 'til late......

I'll be there. I know a fair number of people have told me they're going as well.

Come early to Trader Vic’s Los Angeles and get your iTiki™ iPhone cases the first 50 customers.

Also appearing at Trader Vic’s on March 25th will be DJ Jay Strongman’s EDEN event. And drink specials all night !

Hooray for Jay!
I am going to try and make it there and hopefully
I can get Claudette to come along.

IT'S TONIGHT !!!

sorry I didn't make it tonight.
I was planning on going.
But my foot has been giving me a lot of grief lately.
And as much as a few drinks would have helped with that.
I just didn't feel like hassling the traffic up to LA.

I will try for next month.

Jeff(btd)

T

Hi all,

For those of you who'd be asking me about the iTiki cases for iPhone, my brother says the site ( http://www.tikicase.com ) is all fixed up now, and accepting orders. :)

Thanks for your patience!

Terence

[ Edited by: terenceg 2010-04-05 10:17 ]

ALOHA !!!

THE NEXT EDEN NIGHT AT TRADER VIC'S LA IS NOW CONFIRMED FOR THURSDAY APRIL 29th. WATCH THIS SPACE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR NEWS OF A VERY SPECIAL PARTY ON THAT NIGHT !!!

COMING SOON....THE FULL LOWDOWN ON THE NEXT EDEN NIGHT - THURSDAY 29th APRIL @ TRADER VIC'S LA......BUT IN THE MEANTIME, HERE'S A HINT....

Okay, three more teasers for a very special evening at the next EDEN night at TRADER VIC'S LA....the date is THURSDAY APRIL 29th from 8pm until late..keep watching this space....

special event?

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 85 replies