Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Chicago area craiglist concrete tiki and other items

Pages: 1 11 replies

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-10-22 12:14 ]

Is it anything?

Well, it is a "a fabulous concrete totem pole" with "Great, vivid color." :)

this is crap...it's not vintage. you can buy this cement tiki at any number of garden and statuary shops for less....i actually have one i painted brown i bought 2 years ago...i paid $80 bucks for it....i happen to know this seller. he does have some nice bamboo items but still on the pricey side...

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-10-22 09:24 ]

I talked to this seller yesterday.If you look in the picture he had rare 9 and 10 band
Frankl rattan chairs and couch ... all gone.That's all I was interested in .
I don't think too many people on TC have ever seen 10 band Frankl rattan before ,
very rare indeed.

Only posted so anyone interested could see this seller was selling this tiki and other items. I never said this was vintage.

Sorry to have posted "crap".

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-10-22 12:15 ]

On 2009-10-22 12:13, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Only posted so anyone interested could see this seller was selling this tiki and other items. I never said this was vintage.

i get that and i didn't intend it as an attack on you...get as thicker skin please. ( see now that's an example of an attack) :)

On 2009-10-22 12:13, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

i get that and i didn't intend it as an attack on you...get a thicker skin please. ( see now that's an example of an attack) :)

..and i wans't infering anyone said this was vintage- i was merely making a statement of my own..but now you have gone and taken your post down so it doesn't matter anyway, does it, you big baby. :)

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-10-22 13:51 ]

I appreciated the heads-up. And the I.D.

We actually paused by the side of the road on a trip through Missouri a few weeks ago to check out some fairly decent looking garden center tikis and moai. They could be a viable decor option at the right price.

TT

People ,People please !
ALWAYS, before you post, ASK yourself'
"WHAT would TIPPSY DO?"

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-10-23 16:12 ]

On 2009-10-23 11:03, TIKI DAVID wrote:
People ,People please !
ALWAYS, before you post, ASK yourself'
"WHAT would TIPPSY DO?"

:) -probably the smartest thing you've ever said here on t.c. david.....don't you ever forget it.

and don't forget, i mentioned that i already owned one of those cement tikis, so i wasn't stating the tiki itself was crap, but that that particular painted version on craigslist WAS crap and over priced for what it was, in my flawless opinion, anyway........no sense in tiki folk wasting their money on this same tiki if i can point them in the direction to where they can actually save money and own the same tiki but not so garishly painted...on the other hand, some folks like that clown tiki look so to each his own....I was only trying to help..but once again, no good deed goes unpunished as evidenced by the response to my original post here....

Is there any way we can turn this little incident and thread against Koalacharms somehow?

I mean, if that was a nice tiki, he would have bought it, right?

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 11 replies