Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

New Year's Eve ! The Tikiyaki Orchestra at Don the Beachcomber !

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies

T

DON THE BEACHCOMBER PRESENTS :

THE 2ND ANNUAL JUNGLE JETSETTER'S NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL STARRING THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA and THE ELIMINATORS !

Come ring in the new year in Paradise...Don The Beachcomber style.

The night's festivities will include :

3 course dinner
champagne toast and party favors
2 sets of live exotica by the Tikiyaki Orchestra
1 set of classic style surf by The Eliminators

...all in 15,000 sq ft of pure classic Tiki bliss.
For those of you who have been to Don the Beachcomber, you know the drinks are top notch, classic DTB Tropical cocktails all the way, and the food is outstanding.

The show will be reserved seating in the High Chief's Banquet room with additional dinner seating in the Hidden Village, and a limited number of non-dinner/show only seating in the back of the Hidden Village.

For those of you who were in attendance at last year's New Year's Eve Jungle Jetsetter's Ball, you know what a great time it was, and so we decided that we HAD TO do it again this year...I'd love to make this a tradition for the Tikiyaki Orchestra, as we'll be playing my favorite Tiki Temple to our hometown Ohana.

Tickets :

$95 - Includes reserved V.I.P. seating, 3 course dinner, champagne toast and show. ($75 ticket price PLUS $20 tax and gratuity)
$25 - A Limited number of show-only seating will be available for those who just want to be there for the party.

Doors open at 7:00 PM
Show starts at 9:00 PM

Don The Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321
[email protected]

Ticketing for this event will be done through Brown Paper Tickets, whom most of you have dealt with before for Tiki Oasis.
So to purchase tickets go to https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/90404

We're really looking forward to another great New year's Eve party with the Ohana, and hopefully, another great Tikiyaki Pancake Breakfast at the Harbor House across the street from Don's.

Stay Tuned for more details !

Here's some pix from last year's Madness, which included Soccer Tiki proposing to WooHooWahine !

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=30544&forum=17&start=150&hilite=New%20year's%20Eve

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-08 19:02 ]

Date Saved!

SWEEEET!!!!!

T

WHOA BABY!!! We are SO there!

JB

Saved.

wooohoooo

er I mean hell yeah...

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 2, 2009 6:13 PM

GROG can't go to Florida right now, so don't do it in Florida.

[ Edited by: grog 2009-11-02 23:42 ]

HM

Dave and I are in!!

T

Just yesterday I'd mentioned to my wife the possibility of TTO performing on New Year's Eve & now it looks like it's a go. Can't wait to hear more details!

By the way, how'd the move go this weekend, Jim?

HT

Please count my wife and I in for New Years

Me and three others are so in!! Can't wait my 2nd annual New Years Eve with Tikiyaki. What could be better?

T

On 2009-11-02 20:02, Tobor64 wrote:
Just yesterday I'd mentioned to my wife the possibility of TTO performing on New Year's Eve & now it looks like it's a go. Can't wait to hear more details!

By the way, how'd the move go this weekend, Jim?

Moving is hell but I survived,thanx. Stay tuned.....We'll make an official announcement in a few days.

JB

On 2009-11-04 08:03, tikiyaki wrote:

Moving is hell....

On Hallowe'en doubly so...

WoooHoooo! We can't wait to hear the details :)

T

What, again?! Geez... this whole 'awesome time for New Years' is going to get old. Oh well... I'll try to make the sacrifice and force myself to have another awesome new years.

We're there. 2010 is looking pretty good from here with this start!

bump

I'm in with three of my friends!!!

Ahem! It has been a few days.... Where are those details as promised! :wink: I can't wait!! I want to plan, plan, plan! Hey Kris! So both of us are going with 3 friends. That makes a nice group of 8 we should sit together and represent the Valley!! Looking forward to meeting you!

"The gods have been angered by all the celebrating"

[ Edited by: Bewitched By Tiki 2009-11-13 19:59 ]

[ Edited by: Bewitched By Tiki 2009-11-13 20:01 ]

SOrry guys...

Just waiting on some final details, and I will announce everything as soon as it's all ironed out.

Sounds good Bewitched!

T

It's Official ! New Year's EVe with the Tikiyaki Orchestra and the Eliminators at DOn The Beachcomber !
See post page 1

T

Tickets ordered!

We're going to be spending the night, so does anyone have any accommodation recommendations?

T

On 2009-11-16 15:22, Tobor64 wrote:
Tickets ordered!

We're going to be spending the night, so does anyone have any accommodation recommendations?

Steve...

Don's has a deal with the hampton inn, I think, nearby, for like $89 for the night...It's a special Don The Beachcomber rate. I'll post the details as soon as I get them.

The 777 and Ocean View are right next to Don's (stumbling distance) but they're very lo-fi....ie; cheap.... Some people I know refuse to stay there.
I stayed at the 777 last year. I was too tired to care about little things like cleanliness :o

Here's the "stumble route" , similar to the one I posted last year. You can literally stumble to 3 different hotels, all under 1000 ft away.
With the strength of those Zombies, it's probably a good idea to have a place to sleep within' "Stumbling distance".

Last year, there were room parties at the hotels. Good fun !

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Nov 16, 2009 4:09 PM

Stumbling paths!! YES!

Two in the morning, stumbling back to the motel, enveloped in a dense creepy fog...only to make it back to the motel for another round of partying in someones' room (D. Hornes?)

Fond memories, Jim, fond memories!

Hope to make it again this year.

WoooHoooo! VIP Tickets just purchased. We can't wait for Another Great New Year's with The Tikiyaki Orchestra :)

T

Thanks for the info, Jim. The Hampton Inn sounds perfect. And with the possibilities of room parties afterward...? This just keeps getting better & better.

T

On 2009-11-16 16:09, TikiG wrote:
Stumbling paths!! YES!

Two in the morning, stumbling back to the motel, enveloped in a dense creepy fog...only to make it back to the motel for another round of partying in someones' room (D. Hornes?)

Fond memories, Jim, fond memories!

Hope to make it again this year.

That fog was crazy huh ?
Fond memories indeed....one of the best times I've had with this band.

Greg I hope you can make it......we gotta get Mango out for this !

Great News,
thanks
Can't wait.

Jeff(btd)

Way COOL!!! Four VIP's headed my way!!!

weather you stay at the Motels Next door, or the one they have reserved or at a friends house on the floor in Seal Beach.
:wink:
its worth it, New Years Eve with Tikiyaki is the Best.
and now with the Great Drinks and Food of Don's
Its gonna be simply amazing.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-11-19 19:00 ]

No brainer! Booked 2 V.I.P's (Very Intoxicated People) If i wasn't me i would be jealous of me!

Ha!! Classic.

TT

VIPs on the way. Wouldn't miss it!!

U2 a few weeks ago.....The Pyronauts and Dick Dale right before Christmas , and the Tikiyaki Orchestra for New Years .What a way to end this year and bring in the new one.
Life is good !

T

OK, here's the hotel info for the Hampton Inn...The have a special DOn The Beachcomber New Year's Eve rate...

Hampton Inn & Suites
2401 Seal Beach Blvd.
Seal Beach, CA 90740
562-594-3939
1-800-HAMPTON
http://www.sealbeachsuites.hamptoninn.com
Corner of Westminster Blvd. & Seal Beach Blvd.
$89.00 DTB New Years Eve rate (regularly $110)

Tickets are goin, so get em now.

Well, it sounds like it was a blast last year, so I went ahead and got tickets for this year. Really looking forward to this!

T

Thanks again for the Hampton Inn info, Jim. Just got our reservations confirmed!

I heard tix for this were flying out the door,
get them before its too late.

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-11-19 20:04, bigtikidude wrote:
I heard tix for this were flying out the door,
get them before its too late.

Jeff(btd)

Or...go hang out at DTB's doors and grab them while they fly?

My tickets just arrived :D
Brown Paper Tickets does such a great job. Get your tickets people!

On 2009-11-20 11:46, OnlyATikiLad wrote:
My tickets just arrived :D
Brown Paper Tickets does such a great job. Get your tickets people!

Wow...what do they look like ?

....a photo please !

Oh man are they sweet. Like a golden Wonka ticket..only better! Topless wahine in each corner and...Oh wait that's a different ticket. They are very exciting though. I'll find the camera. :D It's going to be a great show! :drink:

A thing of beauty really.

T

Sweet ! Thanx !

H

So great to have a cool place to go to start the New Year! Our tickets are secured, and we're ready for action...

H

I'm so glad you guys are doing Don's again this year. Last year was an absolute blast! I wouldn't miss it for the world!

So who is on the Fence about this?
a bunch of people at Don't last night were talking about being there.
and how much fun they had last year.

It's only gonna be better.
Great Food and Drink under Don's ownership now.
and I'm sure they are prepared for the crowd this year.

and what hasn't been said about how amazing, and Fun Tikiyaki Orchestra.
and the Eliminators are.

Don't dilly dally and miss out on this.
Tix are going fast I hear.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies