Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Have to put the smack down, but want to keep it "T" instead of G?

Pages: 1 31 replies

TS

Try the Tiki-T
http://www.sviguns.com/1202.php

They apparently put the cap in Kapu!.... :P

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-11-11 16:21 ]

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-11-11 16:22 ]

J

Humorous intentions.

Bad timing.......

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-11-11 16:43 ]

What makes this bad timing, just curious? Its a post about a real manufactured gun I found while "In Search of Tiki"....You just can't make shit up like this! Well, anyhow, I thought it was golden.... :lol:

A Major goes postal in Texas (with two automatic handguns) killing 13 and you wonder why the timing is bad? I believe the expression is "Too soon".

The Palestinian army major in question did not use a Tiki-Ti or any other type of semiautomatic 9mm pistol in the Ft. Hood attack. He yelled "God is Great" in Arabic and fired about 100 rounds using two pistols (an FN Five Seven 5.7mm and a S&W .357 magnum revolver).

References to guns that are called "Tiki" should not be considered in poor taste on this forum now or ever. After the 9-11 attacks people here are still discussing taking plane trips to exotic destinations even though terrorists have used planes as weapons.

I saw a video of someone on the news brutally assault a woman and rob her liquor store using a bottle of rum as a weapon. That horrific attack will not make me stop talking about rum on Tiki Central.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2009-11-12 05:07 ]

T

On 2009-11-12 04:54, captnkirk wrote:
The Palestinian army major in question did not use a Tiki-Ti or any other type of semiautomatic 9mm pistol in the Ft. Hood attack. He yelled "God is Great" in Arabic and fired about 100 rounds using two pistols (an FN Five Seven 5.7mm and a S&W .357 magnum revolver).

References to guns that are called "Tiki" should not be considered in poor taste on this forum now or ever. After the 9-11 attacks people here are still discussing taking plane trips to exotic destinations even though terrorists have used planes as weapons.

I saw a video of someone on the news brutally assault a woman and rob her liquor store using a bottle of rum as a weapon. That horrific attack will not make me stop talking about rum on Tiki Central.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2009-11-12 05:07 ]

Bravo!

Nice side arm, but $6000 is out of my price range!
I'd rather spend that on liquor and cheap ammo.

Sorry for offending anyone, but I'd understand comments like the ones made above, had this been posted on the same day of the tragic event. Aside from the fact that the site I posted this on is called Tiki Central, and the gun I referenced was a model "Tiki-T" gun, didn't seem out of bounds. I might have taken "more caution" had I found this to post on November 6th, the day of the tragic event. My motive was not to rub a gun manufacturer in peoples face a week after an incident, but rather to show TCers there is actually a gun model named the "Tiki T".

Maybe, should have I waited a specific time frame, like the scene in the movie "Swingers", when they fought over what the correct waiting time to call back a girl was, only after scoring her phone number?
Would 3 months have been money?

J

It's cool. I understand you weren't trying to be intentionally insensitive. It's just that your post caught my eye the same time the radio was covering Obama's observance service mentioning the shooting victims (Yes, yesterday was Veteran's Day).

The thread was a good reminder that the Tiki community is a diverse one. It's not just us left-coast commie liberals. :) Be careful when insulting the guy with the baggy Aloha shirt. It might be covering up more than just a middle-age gut.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-11-12 11:30 ]

"What are ya gonna STEP to em' snoop dog ?"

Classic !

I'm so sensitive. I'm sensitive, my EYES... Oh my... :o it's a gun! :o Oh my lord My eyes, I'm sensitive to guns and pictures of guns and talk of guns. My eyes!!!! How can I scrub the image of the cool Tiki gun from my brain? :P

I don't know what motivates someone to name a gun Tiki-T...(A$ide from the obviou$) but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcXs5yYV20

You've just been KINGROLLED!

TS

I'll take your king and raise you a flock! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjtij5vZfA

Ok, I got sucked into a derailment....shoulda' seen it comin'!

I can understand both reactions here, the "in bad taste" one and the "just one more absurd product named TIKI find" one, but you gotta love how quickly the gun fans jump to it that there could be nooooo connection between one and the other. :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-11-12 14:00 ]

T

On 2009-11-12 12:30, lucas vigor wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcXs5yYV20

You've just been KINGROLLED!

Has anyone ran a mental stability test on someone that would know about this song?

TM

Believe me, I am in all the medical books...!!

But the only thing I will admit to is not now, and not ever...have I owned or operated a MULLET!

B

I hate guns and think that they should be erradicated from the face of this planet. That being said - I don't think this posting was "bad timing" or "insensitive" - like BigBro said - just another posting of something stupid with the Tiki logo on it - which made me laugh - well, actually I snorted with amusement. Did I see that that gun has a bamboo or bamboo-like handle? Picture me rolling my eyes!

here are some cool bamboo cannons.

That is a beautiful weapon, this company is known for their high quality firearms. This weapon is made from Titanium a rare and precious metal, and the detail and finish are near perfect. $6000.00 is a clear value for this class of handgun. I for one am proud that they used the name TiKi.
If you are squeamish about handguns then it will not make any sense to you, the post is not for you, move on.
To relate a handgun to the cowardly terrorist attack in Texas is plain foolishness. The perp probably used a toilet before he killed inocent people, are you going to not use a toilet anymore or be offended when someone says that they need one?
Guns don't kill people, a-holes do. If the people at the base had been armed, they could have stopped a coward from doing what he was programed to do and would do with a hammer if there were no guns.

On 2009-11-12 13:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
you gotta love how quickly the gun fans jump to it that there could be nooooo connection between one and the other. :)

Your reasoning makes no sense to me and is inflammatory for the sake of an argument.
A weapon is a tool, a highly efficient tool.
A tool in the hands of a fool, does not degrade the tool, only heightens the level of foolishness.
Automobiles kill more people each year than do guns. Fools drive cars, should we outlaw cars?
Remember, in this country a gun is a right, driving is a privilege. Go figure.

TM

I am pretty sure toilets don't kill people.....though I have killed a few in my time....(usually at the del taco halfway between my house, and my work.)

Lucas,
TMI, and that is something I would usually say and someone else would say TMI.
ha ha ha

Jeff(btd)

Unfortunatly toilets do kill poeple, if you look at the statistics toilets kill more children each year than guns do.

The gun is made from lightweight titanium whose symbol is "Ti" and it kills, maybe that is why they called it "Tiki". If they called it Tikill nobody would pay $6000 for a firearm with a name that sounds like "tinkel".

TM

I stand corrected!

And it is true, you could be there one Sunday morning, newspaper ready in front of you and enjoying a nice fat poop, and lo and behold.....a alligator (that used to be someone's pet but got too big and was released into the sewer system) comes up from below and bites your balls off....(well, possible a small Cayman would fit in there.) Anyway, I read about it so I know it's true!

Are there a lot of children who somehow manage to fall down the toilet and get sucked out to sea? Do Canadian fishing trawlers then rescue those same children off the Mexican coast? Or is it all just a vast, left-wing liberal conspiracy, invented by George Soros and Al Gore?

I really don't have all the answers, but I can tell you this: if Big tiki Dude plays one more surf record, the kool kids will probably have his head! It could happen! Jeff, are ya listening?

These are the kool kids rules:

1. No surf.
  2. No lounge.
  3. Absolutely no Hapa Haole. Everyone knows Hapa haole is neither Kool nor trendy.
  4. Only exotica, and only if accompanied by a mug.
  5. You are allowed to play Shania Twain. All night. Over and over.
  6. No Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, Tony Montana (or that one guy they threw out the helicopter.)

huh?
;-/

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-11-12 19:49, bananabobs wrote:
Automobiles kill more people each year than do guns. Fools drive cars, should we outlaw cars?
Remember, in this country a gun is a right, driving is a privilege. Go figure.

If you are a convicted felon a mental patient or somebody issues a restraining order against you, you don't loose your right to drive, you loose your right to own a gun.

There are no cities in the USA that prohibit car ownership. Hell a guy near where I live didn't even loose his right to drive after the first time he killed someone with his car.

The 2nd amendment to the constitution gives us the right to own a gun because the founding fathers valued our lives. Free societys like ours allow guns and societys like Nazi Germany and communist russia ban them. Gun bans render you defenceless, how can a 90 lbs woman be expected to defend herself when a 300 lbs ex-prison inmate who had just spent 10 years lifting weights and working on his fighting skills is kicking in her door. If you choose to live in an area that bans guns find out your average 911 response time and ask yourself if you could last that long.

These terrorists are cowards and there is a reason they attack planes, army base facilities, schools and universities. Peoples right to defend themselves has been taken away in these areas leaving them helpless as lambs in the slaughterhouse.

TM

The statment above is very typical of the same argument the far right gun lobby usually makes. I am not saying that the poster above is a member of that illustrious group, but this is the same type of thinking. They pick the most unlikely situation and use that as the main reason why guns are good. How often is the 90 pound female really confronted by the 300 pound hardened prison dude? Often enough to make it easy for everyone to load up? A gun won't really stop the hardened street hood as much as you think. You gotta get that gun out and aimed in under a few seconds, all the while dealing with fear and adrenelin. Sounds good on paper. Unless you are Rambo you may find it sounds easier then it actually is.
I have friends that are in RBSD (reality based self defense) and they pretty much are training for street survival on a daily basis. it's a warrior culture mentality they are part of. I don't approve nor disapprove, but I am just saying that simply owning a gun is no guarantee you can use it effectively, and the average person is just not capable nor inclined for the street based self defense that would be required to really protect yourself against the 300 pound gangster.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2009-11-16 10:34 ]

I am much less a typical right wing gun nut than you would ever believe.

I hope and pray I am never a crime victim and however ever improbable I hope a mountain lion never jumps in my window either and tries to eat me. I was a boy scout and our motto was "Be Prepared".

I also hope I am never in a serious traffic accident, but I wear my seat belt 100% of the time to insure my safety in case it happens, not because I'm some "right wing demolition derby nut" out looking for an accident.

Guns are not some tool it takes a life time of combat training to master. When I was younger I shot trap and skeet. I hit a target the size of an ashtray flying at over 50 mph and I could do it better than 20 out of 25 times the first time on the range.

My children have never seen or handled a real firearm, however thanks to the Nintendo Wii I am sure if I gave them a real shotgun they already have the needed skills to hit a target at close range with it.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2009-11-16 10:54 ]

The debate about guns, good or bad, can be summed up quite easily.....

If you are against gun ownership, don't own one.

And the same solution can be applied to so many of the debates that pop-up from time to time....

If you are against Jimmy Buffet, don't buy his albums.

If you are against 'Modern' Tiki mugs, don't buy them.

If you are against flushing alligators down the toilet for fear they will crawl back up the pipes, then invest in some smaller pipes that go to your toilet.

If you are against __________, then simply don't buy/support/encourage ___________.

On 2009-11-16 10:52, captnkirk wrote:
I am much less a typical right wing gun nut than you would ever believe.

I hope and pray I am never a crime victim and however ever improbable I hope a mountain lion never jumps in my window either and tries to eat me. I was a boy scout and our motto was "Be Prepared".

I also hope I am never in a serious traffic accident, but I wear my seat belt 100% of the time to insure my safety in case it happens, not because I'm some "right wing demolition derby nut" out looking for an accident.

Guns are not some tool it takes a life time of combat training to master. When I was younger I shot trap and skeet. I hit a target the size of an ashtray flying at over 50 mph and I could do it better than 20 out of 25 times the first time on the range.

My children have never seen or handled a real firearm, however thanks to the Nintendo Wii I am sure if I gave them a real shotgun they already have the needed skills to hit a target at close range with it.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2009-11-16 10:54 ]

I received my weapons training in the US Military. I have to say, I enjoyed it very much at the time. But, I did get rid of all my guns a while ago. Too much of a liability when you have kids in the house, and the safety locks and hiding your ammo make it impractical to get the weapon out and use it in a timely manner, INMHO. I keep a good stick on hand, under the bed, and when I go hiking.
You really want good home defense? Invest in a 4 dollar bottle of X1 Mildew remover. I blast of that to the eyes will take anyone down quickly.

T

Here's a thought -

If you don't like _______; BUY IT then DESTROY IT!

Do your small part to keep our economy rollin' along :wink:

Pages: 1 31 replies