Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

2010 January Mug Swap **Get Your Swap On People!!**

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies

L

It has been decided that the next swap is in January as a sort of post-holiday event.

Please submit names by January 1. You will receive your trader's name by January 4 and ship date is no later than January 15.

When joining please PM me with :

Your address
Some mugs you may be looking for so I can pass this along to your trader
If you don't want an international trader let me know
The names of people you have traded with before so I can try to give you someone new

Any questions please let me know

TRADERS FOR THE JANUARY 2010 SWAP:

LeLeLiz
Psycho Tiki D - 2 times
Big Kahuna
Tikiville
Uncle Trav
Unkle John
Snakyjack
Nukke
Tiki Shaker
Tropical Icebergs - 2 times
Tikisgrl
Tobunga
ka'lenatiki
Lighting Steve
MikeyTiki - 2 Times
exquisitecorpse - 2 times
CoCo Joe
Sideshow Bob
Sneakytiki - 2 times
Tikipaka
Staredge
Slacks Ferret
Pikey's Dog
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Closettiki
Kilted Tiki - 2 times
Bongo Bungalow
crushenstein
Ukutiki
abstractiki
Dustycajun
Tacky Tiki
TabooDan
TikiPops
RanTiki
Lynn McTiki
TikiPug
Mrs. TikiPug
Easter Island Elvis
House of Ku
Catmomma

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-07 18:53 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-20 15:37 ]

New Year's would be excellent...just a thought though...it might be helpful if some of the traders indicated what they need...not anything over the top...but if there is a mug local to an area that is not easily found in others or such?

PTD

New year (mid Jan) might be better with holiday shipping - PLUS if someone gets you a double of mug, or one you may not like, as a gift for the holidaze you could dump it to someone in the trade!
Either way thanks for coordinating this (these) in advance.

I'm IN!
Had a great time with the last one and plan on bumpin it up a bit for the next one too!
My thought is wont the mail be awfully slow during the holiday season?,overloaded and over worked may mean a lack of concern on the part of the handlers...hate to see things get lost

What if we wait 'til after the holidays & do a "Winter Blues" trade. That way, all the holiday stuff will be over & people won't have anything to concentrate on but Tiki!

I think a mid January "cabin fever" trade would be great. Especially for those of us stuck up in the snow. Something to look forward too.

I'll partake again. Anytime is cool with me.

I think mid January would be fine too.
The thing with xmas time is the postage back-up and people traveling.
I would like to do it and in Jan because of that, plus it kinda helps the holiday stretch a bit.

I have given it much rum, and with rum comes great thoughts...and the idea of mid Jan. is indeed the most appealing idea on the board. Yes Xmas is hectic, Jan. 1st is upon us so quick we can't come up with valid excuses why we haven't mailed yet...but if your not together for mid Jan...sit back have more rum and start filling an empty box with whatever...it's not the mug we enjoy the most..it's the whatever. Last go round we were so over whelmed by the creativity and generosity of the fantastic Ca. tiki artist "Eric October"...it wasn't so much the mug as it was the whatevers..and he did send great whatevers. With this in mind I ask all potential senders...haven't you already started a box of whatevers..we have..So to sum it up, here at the Tiki Turtle Rescue and Preserve and Sancuatury..we say "Mid Jan. has our vote....8)

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Nov 20, 2009 5:38 AM

Had a great time participating last time and would love to take part again. Deadline doesn't matter to me as I don't celebrate holidays/new year.

L

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

This is going to be "The 2010 Tiki Swap Extravaganza" then!

**Last day to join the trade - January 1

**Date you will receive your swap partner's name by - January 4

**Ship Date - NO LATER than January 15th

Then we should be able to post our trades by month end. Great way to spend a January!

I have begun the list of traders on my 1st post. This should give everyone enough time to take part and hopefully make it the biggest trade yet.

WHEN YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS***

*include who you have traded with before so I can hopefully give you a new person

*feel free to include a few mugs you may be looking for so I can pass this along to your trader just to see if they can assist in your hunt

*if you can not afford to ship internationally let me know so I can give you someone that is not international to you

*if you are unsure of what to send with the mug - although under no obligation to send extras--please refer to previous swap threads to get ideas on extras

I'll add that I'm on ooga-mooga so anybody that gets my name can easily see what mugs I have ,I list my entire collection.(hope this helps)
Cant wait for this trade!

T

Count me in, I have things that need to go to new homes. Thanks, Tikisgrl

I'm in, will have better mugs this time!
Also on Ooga Mooga, as Lightning Steve
(Geez, some people can't spell,lol.)

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=1180

[ Edited by: lightning steve 2009-11-22 03:24 ]

CJ
T

I'm in!

S

I'm in!!! Will try to set up an Ooga Mooga account between now & January.

[ Edited by: Staredge 2009-11-22 07:45 ]

Count me in!
Had a blast last time!

Cheers!

Bob

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/collection.cgi?mode=gallery

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2009-11-23 06:12 ]

Please count me in 2x. Most of my collection can be viewed in creating tiki in the show your home tiki bar/room/yard thread.

L

Already looks like this is going to be a great swap.

Just wanted to remind everyone that we are swapping Internationally so please feel free to join if you live outside the U.S.

The more the merrier!

Alrighty then. I'm in.

L

I am bumping this thread (mainly to be annoying!)

In again.

On 2009-11-27 13:46, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
In again.

Ditto!

...as always...............COUNT ME IN.......

post holiday gift exchange..........cool..............

I'm in again, put me down for two again,
Thanks

I'm in! May I say how nice it is that Leleliz is coordinating this again. As I recall, last time some caused the trade to be a bit of work. Not getting your package mailed on time, not providing a correct address, etc. No doubt that these trades are fun, and that's why so many join in, but let's all remember that this is a commitment. There... I'll hop off by soap box! Now, what crazy stuff can I fit into a mailing box...

T

On 2009-11-19 14:34, Tropical_Icebergs wrote:
...sit back have more rum and start filling an empty box with whatever...it's not the mug we enjoy the most..it's the whatever. Last go round we were so over whelmed by the creativity and generosity of the fantastic Ca. tiki artist "Eric October"...it wasn't so much the mug as it was the whatevers..and he did send great whatevers. ..So to sum it up, here at the Tiki Turtle Rescue and Preserve and Sancuatury..we say "Mid Jan. has our vote....8)

Well, I'm in again... the most fun part of the trade is filling the box with tiki goodness! And I forgot to include some of the goodness that I had collected for the last trade, so it will go out on this one...

Tropical_Icebergs, is that an African Spurred Tortoise? Cool!

L

Just bumping again so those that wish to partake dont miss out :)

U

Count me in.........1/1 here we come.

I'm in! :)

On 2009-12-08 17:34, abstractiki wrote:
I'm in! :)

Hey Abstract, if your in, then I'm in too!

DC

fantastic DC, this should be fun! :)

T

Okay Okay, after these last two characters signed up.....I'm in!!
Thanks for offering another one of these trade off's!!

Mahalo,
TabooDan

Looking very very good...what is the official count of trader want to bees up to?..8)

L

I think we are at 38 trades among the traders.

Come on guys...just a few more weeks to sign up !

T

I'm in !

L

Last week to throw your name into the ring. Please sign up !

I'm in! Let's do this!

IN !!! sounds like fun.

L

Alright guys ...if you are interested in being part of the swap get me your information....I will be assigning swap partners by Monday the 4th.....so don't delay if you want to join in!

liz,

put me down for a second trade this time around!

Thanks for doing this!

D

L

You got it Duane.

Hey DustyCajun can you pm me your address please?

Everytime i try to send you a PM i get an error message and i cant seem to find your address so i am not sure if i ever got it.

Can someone pm DustyCajun for me also in case he doesnt see this?

thanks!

T

Better late than never, I'm in.

Last to the party, I'm in too.

L

Alright kids....

looks like we have 38 traders who are trading 44 times!! Woot! Woot!

I will begin passing out traders via pm on Monday so please start checking your pms after that.

Ideal date to have the boxes shipped by is January 15 but try to ship as early as possible. Last trade there were people who didnt send their packages for over a month...this is just not acceptable, sorry and not fair so please ship in a timely manner. If there is something keeping you from shipping timely please pm me.

Some things to keep in mind when trading :

*Do not send broken or repaired items. This was a slight issue in the last trade and I want everyone to be happy they received something in good condition.

*Do not JUST wrap your mugs in newspaper when shipping-let's all repeat "Bubble wrap is our friend" and use it

*Do NOT just decide to back out of shipping your box. If you want to pull out of the trade you have until MONDAY JANUARY 4 to do so.

*I would strongly urge EVERYONE who is sending packages to spend the extra $0.70 to get tracking....seriously

*To the newbies trading-yes it is a 1 mug for 1 mug trade but as you know we all seem to go a little overboard in our boxes. There is no pressure to send more but its always nice to get extras in your box anyways so do what you can if you wanna.

*When you ship pm ME--not your trader. Its a surprise so please try not to spoil it.

*Post pics of your packages as they arrive. If you are unable to take pics PLEASE notify your trader either by pm or by posting on this thread that you got their box. Last trade people were left wondering for weeks if their package was received and it was a headache for them and for me trying to get responses from their traders to find out.

*and for good measure--USE BUBBLE WRAP PEOPLE!!!

Any questions or issues you can pm me--I check the forums daily. This is a huge trade so I am eagerly looking forward to some serious swap action!

Let the trading begin!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-01 21:39 ]

BK

I cannot extoll the virtues of bubble wrap enough!!!!

T

On 2010-01-02 09:16, Big Kahuna wrote:
I cannot extoll the virtues of bubble wrap enough!!!!

Uh-oh... as the probable cause of this extolling (from a previous swap)... YES, by all means, bubble wrap... then bubble wrap again.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies