Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

T

Prepare for take-off!
Tikiyaki Airways announces new non-stop service from Palo Alto to Paradise!

Due to the rather long trip, Captain Lush will need to refuel (re-booze), so there will be an extended lei-over at the Trader Vics terminal, built especially to accommodate the discerning passengers of Tikiyaki Airways.

Your trip will take you to exotic ports o call where you and your guests can schmooze over delectable cocktails and browse the many duty-free shops filled with Polynesian Pop goods from around the world. Thrill to the tropical sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra as they perform for the first time in the Trader Vics Palo Alto terminal for this special flight.

As with any flight, there is inevitably lost or unclaimed baggage. Therefore, each passenger will receive a luggage claim ticket upon boarding. The ticket will give them the opportunity to claim a suitcase and whatever is inside! Due to the heightened levels of FAA security, aloha wear and flight crew wear is strongly encouraged.

Book your flight now!

Admission : $20 in advance / $25 at the door
Doors at 6:00
Show starts at 8:30

TRADER VICS
4269 El Camino Real,
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650-849-9800

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/17856

This event will take place in the large Banquet room in the back of Trader Vics.
Vics is attached to beautiful Dinah's Garden Hotel which Trader Vics which is perfect for you out of towners, or weary travellers who want to enjoy Vic's Mai Tais, but not drive home !

http://dinahshotel.com/

You can get a special rate for this event.

Standard Rooms: $95 plus taxes
Executive & Lanai Suites: $125 plus taxes
King Suites: $135 plus taxes

Here is the link to take you directly to the Dinah’s website to book a room.

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/istay.cfm?hotelid=4793&languageid=1&versionid=10&rateplanid=568246

Or you can go here:

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/onescreen.cfm?hotelid=4793&languageid=1

and then click on “access code rates” which is on the bottom right hand side and enter access code “tiki2010”

OR

The toll-free number is 800-227-8220. Their group block is under the name “Tiki 2010” and the group account number is 42610702074.

So, warm up your winter with the Tikiyaki Orchestra !

DUTY FREE GIFT SHOP VENDORS :

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-01-14 10:53 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-01-17 14:35 ]

Hell Yeah!!
ROAD TRIP!!

Jeff(BTD)

OMG!!! I am so there...hope to get the Sacramento Ohana to join the Lei-Over. Will be in Aloha formation with my flight bag in tow.

Can't wait!!!

L

Its about damn time you all flew up this way!

Looking forward to it!

I found out about this gig over a week and half ago on brown paper tickets , when I went to purchase New Years eve tickets for Don The Beachcomber.Congrads to all TO for your premier showing gig in Nor Cal .Looks like I gotta make another road trip .

Corona Contessa & I have our tickets...yabba dabba doo!!!
Probably gonna grab a hotel room too, so I can suck down a few cocktails.

Bill...if ya need a ride give me a shout. :)

Tickets procured...

Just got my tickets too!

TWO

Tikiyaki Orchestra's first Nor-Cal appearance? Oh hell yeah.
I wouldn't miss it. Tickets? Check!

J

I'm in!

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Nov 28, 2009 3:38 PM

All over this Lei-over...

TV's Palo Alto Banquet Room, and outdoor patio deck is sublime. It's just beautiful.
I have been told the Garden's Hotel is lush with tropical foliage and includes a water feature.
All that and TO in NorCal? This is a no brainer. I am so there.

H

Trott and I will see you there!

It's on like Tron.

I thought it was Donkey Kong?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Just bought my ticket! Even with my meager post-divorce budget, I wouldn't miss it. See ya there!

T

Alright SoCal tiki savages! Are you going to let our beloved Tikiyaki be eaten alive by those northern cannibals?! Hell No! Tikiyaki needs our support.

I also hear there are some damn fine tiki bars up there, not to mention the Smuggler's Cove opening up. I'm just saying... sounds like a prime time for a road trip!

I'm planning to be a part of a road trip to the savage north, drink my financial woes away and delve head first into some great escapism. WHO'S WITH ME?!?! If we can get a few people, splitting gas, hotel, bar tab, etc. (thought I'd throw in that last one just in case I catch you off guard... had to try) should be much more doable than what I would spend alone.

I'm in for the road trip.

Jeff(btd)

T

Special Room Rates At Dinahs Garden Hotel for this event...see page 1

Great news for all the Nor-Cal folks!
I've been dying to see the T.O. for a long time now.
Unfortunately... I'm moving to Denver mid-January.
I'm gonna go cry in my Mai-Tai.

Seeing is believing. Tastic and I toured about 10 rooms/suites last Friday night at Dinah's Garden Hotel and we were very impressed. The African Suite with it's furniture carved from solid wood, the Asian Sunset Suite 2b 3b, the Railroad Baron Suite with train circling the ceiling and all very spacious I'll add. Koi ponds and waterfalls meander thru the property with bamboo forests and floating planters. The hotel and TV's is the perfect place for a tiki event. Although the spacious pool area may not get a lot of action in January you can bet it would be a hoppin' place for a NorCal tiki event for summer 2010. I love this place.

T

It sure looks like a great place. If this one goes well, maybe we can do another when the weather is warmer, and the hotel can be fully utilized.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this event.

L

On 2009-12-07 14:34, tikiyaki wrote:
It sure looks like a great place. If this one goes well, maybe we can do another when the weather is warmer, and the hotel can be fully utilized.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this event.

Yes, Yes can we all get to planning a NorCal Oasis Jr. please?? :)

We are so excited you guys are coming up!

Its going to be a great night!!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Dec 8, 2009 7:20 AM

I'm interested in joining the roadtrip :)

PM me - Let's discuss the fine details. Thanks, G

M
mieko posted on Tue, Dec 8, 2009 1:35 PM

Reservations made! Thanks for the special room rates!

I'll be vending so that all the Northern CA people can get my awesome pendants and T-shirts!

T

Bump ! Vendor paces are almost full. Room for one more.

Looks like a great lineup....The duty free shop will be hopping !

Got a room reservation...that place looks awesome. Really looking forward to this!!!

Vendors wanted? Vendor here. I guess I better start working on some pieces for the show! I hope it doesn't interfere with my boozing.

OK,

We have our list of Vendors for the Duty Free Gift Shop Air Bazaar

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

If I can get a space big enough I'll be out with these and more. btw, these aren't finished yet.

boy that's a big one,

"thats what she said"

man, she sure has been saying alot lately.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 1, 2010 11:44 AM

On 2009-12-31 17:50, Jungle Trader wrote:
btw, these aren't finished yet.

If they just need staining, Fido can help.

HA! GROG!
I will carve one of your logo err, cartoon motto whatever you call it, Grog. What kind of wood where you live?

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-01 12:17 ]

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-01 12:16 ]

L

We just stayed at Dinah's last night and we thought the place was well worth it. We had a lagoon suite so it looked into the pond full of koi. Then we had a pretty decent breakfast there this morning.

The staff/front desk were really accomadating and we were glad we stayed there.

looking forward to the Lei Over even more now!

TT

I'm on board!!! Anyone from the Sacramento 'Ohana making plans to visit FI or anywhere else on the way down?? Road Trip!!!!

:drink:
Tacky

T

VENDORS !!!

Here's the vendor Lineup, lots of good stuff to be had in the duty free shops !

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

mp

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

TIKI FARM

If you haven't bought your tickets yet, well, what you waitin' for ?

Can't wait for this show! About time NorCal gets treated with the exotic sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra!

L

Ya know Vic...you should carve me a mini-moai that could fit in the palm of my hand...and in my apartment!

On 2010-01-11 20:06, leleliz wrote:
Ya know Vic...you should carve me a mini-moai that could fit in the palm of my hand...and in my apartment!

I have one that will fit in your apartment. But not in your hand. There should be a few vendors with moai pendants. Everybody loves Mo.

On 2009-11-27 09:05, tikiyaki wrote:

Prepare for take-off!

Due to the rather long trip, Captain Lush will need to refuel (re-booze), so there will be an extended lei-over at the Trader Vics terminal, built especially to accommodate the discerning passengers of Tikiyaki Airways.

Your trip will take you to exotic ports o call where you and your guests can schmooze over delectable cocktails and browse the many duty-free shops filled with Polynesian Pop goods from around the world. Thrill to the tropical sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra as they perform for the first time in the Trader Vics Palo Alto terminal for this special flight.

As with any flight, there is inevitably lost or unclaimed baggage. Therefore, each passenger will receive a luggage claim ticket upon boarding. The ticket will give them the opportunity to claim a suitcase and whatever is inside! Due to the heightened levels of FAA security, aloha wear and flight crew wear is strongly encouraged.

Book your flight now!

TRADER VICS
4269 El Camino Real,
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650-849-9800

This event will take place in the large Banquet room in the back of Trader Vics.
Vics is attached to beautiful Dinah's Garden Hotel which Trader Vics which is perfect for you out of towners, or weary travellers who want to enjoy Vic's Mai Tais, but not drive home !

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/istay.cfm?hotelid=4793&languageid=1&versionid=10&rateplanid=568246

Or you can go here:

and then click on “access code rates” which is on the bottom right hand side and enter access code “tiki2010”

OR

The toll-free number is 800-227-8220. Their group block is under the name “Tiki 2010” and the group account number is 42610702074.

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-20 12:11 ]

I'm busy pouring, firing and glazing mugs for the show. I just hope I can see Tikiyaki from my booth. There may be a "closed for exotica" sign hanging up during the show!

Tickets, tickets, tickets! Get your tickets while they are cheap....don't wait to buy them at the door. This is going to be a great evening with Tikyaki at Trader Vic's Palo Alto.

L

On 2010-01-13 22:49, Tikitastic wrote:
Tickets, tickets, tickets! Get your tickets while they are cheap....don't wait to buy them at the door. This is going to be a great evening with Tikyaki at Trader Vic's Palo Alto.

Mark why do I picture you with a sandwhich board on walking up and down in front of Trader Vics when I read this ??

:wink:

See you at the show!

Prepare for take-off!

Book your flight now!

TRADER VICS
4269 El Camino Real,
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650-849-9800

Or you can go here:

OR

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

Prepare for take-off!

Book your flight now!

TRADER VICS
4269 El Camino Real,
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650-849-9800

Or you can go here:

OR

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

2 weeks until the show!!! NorCal finally gets a visit from Tikiyaki.....Get your tickets now before the show sells out!

Got my King Executive Lanai Suite, these, and more, ready to travel

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies