Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

Pics...Pics...We want to see lots of Pics. We hope Everyone has a Tiki-rrific Time Tonight :)

L

Even though I somewhat overdid it last night at Forbidden Island I am super excited about this show!

WoooooHoooo! (that was in honor of you WooHoo!)

What a blast! The set up was perfect. Just the right amount of people for the size of the room and the band was a hell of a lot of fun and really good. Trader Vic's Palo Alto did an outstanding job by having two bars going the whole time just outside of the conference room and the staff seemed really helpful and glad to have us.

Each of the vendors had some really great stuff. I got a pretty good size Moai from Vic at Jungle Trader. What a nice guy. He even let me use his dolly. I also picked up a Mondo Shag mug at the Tiki Farm booth. I hope all the vendors made some money and felt the event was worthwhile.

It seemed like a really good turnout of the Tiki Central regulars. Nice to see Mai Tai and Coco who were helping out by working the door.

Thanks to all who made the event happen. And thanks to Tikiyaki for making the trek up here. Please come back again. Let's do this again sometime.

On 2010-01-30 15:07, leleliz wrote:
Even though I somewhat overdid it last night at Forbidden Island I am super excited about this show!

WoooooHoooo! (that was in honor of you WooHoo!)

Mahalo Leleliz!! Did you have a Blast??

L

On 2010-01-31 09:21, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo Leleliz!! Did you have a Blast??

Why yes, yes I did WooHoo :)

I think the only downfall was the overindulgence of mai tais on my end...helluva hangover today but it was worth it!

I really hope everyone involved thought it was worth it too. The band was fabulous, the TV staff was super nice and helpful, the venue made it intimate without being super crowded, all of the vendors seemed to be enjoying themselves so I hope they made some moola. Really happy to meet and see so many of the SoCal Ohana who made the trek up to our neck of the woods too.

Here's a few shots (please forgive my drunken pic taking skills!)
CoCo Loco checking everyone in :

The nicest couple in NorCal - CoCo Loco and Mai Tai:

The band:

The drum:

The Jim:

The crowd (things started to get kind of fuzzy right about here!):

The future Mr & Mrs Wickedly (so great to meet ya both!)

Joe Banks and I :

MP's set up -- his Square Bob velvet was already sold when I got there (no surprise-it was awesome!) but he was nice enough to hold onto one of his Square Bob mugs for me so I snapped that up. Thanks MP!

Tobunga/Eric October's set up. I got a few sets of his adorable Valentines and they are even better in person!(You all need to buy them...seriously!) One of my favorite things was this killer painting he did of the Islander. Really awesome in person and the frame is made out of the bamboo from there. He is so talented AND it is always great to see him and Manuel up here:

Pretty much the highlight of my night was when Vampiress and Marty met for the first time. Lets just say Vamp has dubbed him her future ex-husband :wink:

Some of Vic's (Jungle Trader) tikis making off with my mai tai :

Brenda's Tiki Hut and I ....please note that we are a little gone at this point!

Y'all come back now ya here!

Looks like it was a blast!
Wish we could have made it up
there to party with the NorCal TC
folks. Next time for sure.
nice snaps Liz!

L

On 2010-01-31 13:58, Iokona Ki'i wrote:
Looks like it was a blast!
Wish we could have made it up
there to party with the NorCal TC
folks. Next time for sure.
nice snaps Liz!

Thanks. Would of loved to have you both up here. Were your ears ringing? I had a few discussions about your velvets Jason with people last night and about Claudette's sculptures.

Ya better come next time for sure!

Dayum...that was toooooooo much fun. I hardly have a voice left today. Tikiyaki rocked rocked rocked. Kudos to MaiTai & CoCo, as usual the dynamic duo!!! The hotel was great...and TV was awesome. Thanks to Brad & Melanie for dragging me back to my room after way too many drinks. Love the blow gun Vic...it will look great when I get it up on the wall.

Hoping this happens again real soon...it was a blast. :)

lookin good all around - get some more of them pics!

Did the Eric October rendition of the Islander sell at the event ?

I'll tell ya' if you put all the Aloha at this event in a bottle and drank it, you'd get really drunk,...............wait, uhh, if you put all the Aloha at this event in yer pants you'd, NAY seriously brethren there really was a lot of joy and love. Thank you TO and Jim, and Jim and Tastic.

H

Saturday was downright DELIGHTFUL. Trader Vic's in Palo Alto gets better and better with each visit, but of course the gorgeous music of Tikiyaki threw them right over the top. Thank you for coming all the way up from SoCal to quench our music-parched ears in such grand style.

San Francisco has so many fantastic, top-drawer tiki spots, but we're short on the kind of larger venues that can support a full band like that, so this is a Big Development for us up here. More, more! Mahalo to everyone involved in making it happen!

M
mp posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2010 11:07 PM

Heres a handful of late vending pics.
What a great night! Thank you Tikiyaki,
Trader Vics and everyone who made it
all possible.

Tobunga's Islander painting was the star of the night.

Manuel, a sliver of Eric and his goods.

Coveting Kaimuki's mugs. Falin, I wish I had the bread
to buy up some of your mugs man, especially a STIV!

Kaimuki's goods and Notch's killer war clubs.

Amazing work (as always) from master artist Notch.

My paintings, mugs, skulls and a few classics for sale.

Here is Barrel Bob and Suffering Bob who were snatched up before the show.

Please come back this summer TIKIYAKI!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies