Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Irishcarver

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

Thanks for the compliment Creative Chimp.

A local surf shop has started to stock some of my pendants, here are the first ones that I made for them. Sorry about the picture quality.

Here are some before I lashed them.

Everything lashed and ready to roll. I also braid the necklaces by hand which takes a while.

I made everything from a nice selection of materials. The surfboards are Brazilian rosewood. There is some Mammoth ivory and mammoth fossilized bone, beef bone, coconut and maple.

Hey guys, been over a year since I posted on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't had anytime time to carve that much due to work but I just got a new job that gives me a schedule of 20 days on/ 10 days off. I dont have that much space to carve in my current place but I will be moving to a new house in a few months and that has a nice barn that will be turned into a kick ass workshop...

I will post a few pics of little things I have completed!

Welcome back! Look forward to seeing new stuff.

Here are a few that I have done since last on.

This makau is made from fossilized stellars sea cow rib bone.

A manaia with polynesian tatau design

This one I really like the way it turned out. I used India ink and smeared it on the surface and then sanded it back to the bone. The ink went into the pores of the bone and gave it this marbled look.

P

welcome back brother!

Nice fish hooks!

Great Work!!

Thanks guys. Can't wait to move to a new place where I will have space to carve. One of the first things on the list will be a huge tiki with my mailbox in his mouth or something like that! May as well dream big!

P

I see your back in the states...

where ya stayin?

Been in the states the whole time man. Still up in MA. I work with a company based out of VA so I get to travel all over the country which is cool.

Flying these bad boys!!

You need to put a big tiki on the side of the helicopter.

Fly over my house and drop one of those sweet pendants on my lawn, please. I'm right in the middle of MA.

Haha, I wish I could.

Hey guys and gals. Been away for a while, busy building powerlines around the country. Anyways, I have some new work I'd like to share. Some of the pieces are still for sale.
Slice of Whale tooth with Hei Toki lashing

Two Mammoth Ivory Makau

Lono tiki made from Warthog tusk (just completed)

Celtic double triskell with custom airbrushed box

Walrus jawbone (fossilized) Makau

Samoan style warclub

Oosik (walrus penis bone) warclub

Surfboards

http://www.irishcarver.weebly.com

[ Edited by: Irishcarver 2013-11-25 13:05 ]

P

wow bro, those are really good... 8)

Thanks man!

B

Cool stuff Damien, you've been busy!

A couple of new ones!

Olive wood Manaia

Damo! Man! Fantastic stuff! You've been busy sandin' away in the carvin room! You're almost getting me inspired!! HA HA

Haha, good man Dave. Giiit some!!!!

Pages: 1 2 66 replies