Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Trio Animation

Pages: 1 26 replies

Here is a short Promo animation for my "Tiki Trio" characters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDuDzZ4sf3s

TV Programming executives, please take note!

Original music is by the amazing Jim (Tikiyaki) Bacchi! (Thanks, Jim!)

That is extremely cool!!!! :)

The music really matches the mood of the visuals nicely!!

Great job guys!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

that was neato. loved the music too Jim.

That was great Kent!
I was very entertained.
Excellent soundtrack as well Jim.

Good Luck!

I'd watch it! (even on a Saturday morning!)

B

Ahhhh - they were SO cute! I love the mermaid too! The drummer in the beginning was REALLY going to town there - getting his rump and feet involved! I'd like to see Ringo do that!

:lol:
I'D LIKE TO SEE BEADTIKI DO THAT!
GREAT MUSIC AND FUN LIL CHARACTERS,KENT!

H

Fun.

O

Wow - that's not just good, it's really good. I mean really, really good. I can't imagine how much work that took. Start the product lincensing now! I want the plush version of those guys.

I like it!

HJ

Excellent! Thank you for sharing. Please add Charlie and Geri in future ones, if you do "the adventures of..."

Sorry, but not my bag. The music is great, the setting, animation is all fine, but the main characters are too generic and cute. The essence of Tiki is that it is NOT generic, but inspired, ethnic, different. Big eyes/mouths/feet and bright colors alone do not a Tiki make. Too close to the Neon Tiki Tribe for my taste.

Kenny - I don't think my body can move like that anymore!

Hey, it's miles cooler than most animation you see on TV today. Wish you luck with that.

And I used to work with the people who started Neon Tiki Tribe, and I will admit that they are pretty lame...

I love it!!! Wish I had that talent & skill. The colors and characters are wonderful and the music is awesome. I'll bet WooHooWahine's classes would certainly enjoy this. :)

Very nice, I hope you get the exposure you need for a big fat contract :)

T

I like it cause its not grainy

I finally had time to watch it and I think it's great!!! What crazy ideas!! Makes me wonder what those 3 will be up to next! So where might we see more of these guys' adventures?

:drink:
Tacky

TK

very nice. excellent music. that monkey reminds me of my drink stealing wife.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. BigBro, sorry the colors were not to your taste. Next time I'll ask Ruzik to help with the colors

I think I was more referring to the character design in general:

On 2009-12-11 08:54, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry, but not my bag. The music is great, the setting, animation is all fine, but the main characters are too generic and cute. The essence of Tiki is that it is NOT generic, but inspired, ethnic, different. Big eyes/mouths/feet and bright colors alone do not a Tiki make. Too close to the Neon Tiki Tribe for my taste.

J

Brother, you're asking the wrong audience. This is going to be a kid's show right? The test audience should be small children.

Forget about Tiki authenticity, it's all about the $$$ you're going to get on merchandising royalties for the plush toys. Little kids want cute, soft, and colorful.

Remember Tiki wasn't defined as a style until after the fact. It was originally used as a marketing theme to get people into bars, restaurants, and motels. I'd focus on marketability first and then worry about the "art". Unless for you, art comes before commerce. :)

BTW, I think kids will love this !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-01-13 18:39 ]

Very good point of differentiation, John-O. For me, it is all about the art of Tiki, as an adult appreciator of the art form.
I do however believe that the really cool stuff can reach both target groups, grown ups AND kids.

P

as a tiki lover i have to say that is awesome.

as a 3D animator i have to say you have great motion, flow, texture, lighting and timing.

as a long time purveyor of classic cartoons (the best ones in my book) i have say it needs a little slapstick sound effects to go along with the actions. more woots, shoops and bloops.

great job. what package did you use?

HJ

Really excellent. Where were Charlie and Geri...and what's the whole Tiki Trio history?

Are the whole Tiki Mag cartoon strips visible somewhere?

Hi, Jim - glad you liked it!

I'm thinking of the Tiki Trio Cartoon as more of a "Kid's Show", without the alcoholic beverages featured in the more "adult" Tiki Mag strip. Just finished the first "story arc" in Tiki Mag, so the whole "history" thing is a work in progress. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to tie it all together with a backstory at some point.

Top notch animation. How long did this take to put together?

Pages: 1 26 replies