Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonight Nor-Cal Tikiyaki show Roll Call....you comin'?.. Tonight,

Pages: 1 32 replies

TWO

The Tiki Underground are proud to be on board this flight.
Don't forget tickets are cheaper in advance ($20 advance/ $25 door).

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/17856

Great deals on rooms at Dinah's Hotel too.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34723&forum=17&51

So, you comin'?

[ Edited by: Tai Won On 2010-01-30 05:40 ]

Me & Corona Contessa will be on-board and got a Lagoon Room...YEAH...I can drink without worrying about driving. Looking forward to hearing Tikiyaki in a cozy tropical atmosphere. :wink:

I'll be there and ready to drink and dance the night away. Still trying to figure out my sleeping arrangements, that, is if I'm not up partying all night.

Well this is another great event I will unfortunately be missing but Tai, be on the lookout for the Jungle Trader. I gave him a big piece of that Islander Bamboo to take down there and it's got your name on it.

:)

L

On 2010-01-16 17:49, VampiressRN wrote:
Me & Corona Contessa will be on-board and got a Lagoon Room...YEAH...I can drink without worrying about driving. Looking forward to hearing Tikiyaki in a cozy tropical atmosphere. :wink:

Hey Vamp I just stayed in the lagoon room. I rather liked it...you have a great view of the koi pond.

Me and 3 friends will be there. Yeah Tikiyaki!

I will be there!

Yeah...looking forward to the view from the room. Bren...you are more than welcome to crash at me and Sandy's pad. Let me know if we need to ask for a roll-away.

Yup Yup!

Hope to be there,
crossing my fingers.

Jeff(btd)

N

Looks like its gonna be fun times! oh yeah

Cheers!
Notch

I expect lots of boozy comedy and great music. Stop by the vendor area and say hello to all of us hocking our wares!

I'm all over it because of all the buzzing about what a good time it's going to be. Also, I'm wanting to squeeze in my first visit to Smuggler's Cove on the way down to see the TO show. Does anybody want to join me?

I'm planning on being at SC at 5:00 when they open so I can get to the TO show in time to get good seats. Never having been to a tiki shin dig before is my strategy a good one or not?

I realize that Trader Vic's has good drinks but I've heard that SC is a bit better. Maybe we can enlist the kids pictured to make a straw from Smuggler's Cove to Trader Vic's so we can have the best of both worlds.

Kahili Tiki and I will be there! Got the room booked! Looking forward to Tikiyaki and a good dose of tiki goodness at Trader Vic's!

:drink:
Tacky

Dannelle and I will be making the drive up for this...see y'all there!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jan 18, 2010 6:40 AM

Once again, I'll find myself with my friends, dancing the night away, the tiki party NEVER ends... :drink:

L

On 2010-01-18 06:40, KuKu wrote:
Once again, I'll find myself with my friends, dancing the night away, the tiki party NEVER ends... :drink:

I havent seen you forever!

Looking forward to it!

I already have my ticket and I'm really looking forward to it.

TWO

Don't forget to try the "Palo Alto Style Mai Tai". MMMMmmm delish.

I remember there was a specific difference between the Palo Alto and the SF style, but the booze wiped it from my memory. What is the difference?

CL

Bill can tell ya!

A

Two coming from Belmont!

-Randy

On 2010-01-20 17:24, Coco Loco wrote:
Bill can tell ya!

-insert Jeopardy theme song here-

TWO

I believe "Palo Alto Style" is made from scratch, not the Mai Tai syrup Vic's uses in the regular Mai Tai. I also believe it has a float of 151 added.
We can do some taste testing, you know...research...in the name of science..

On 2010-01-22 04:54, Tai Won On wrote:
I believe "Palo Alto Style" is made from scratch, not the Mai Tai syrup Vic's uses in the regular Mai Tai. I also believe it has a float of 151 added.

Thanks for the info. I'll bring my lab coat. Now this is my kind of research. :wink:

On 2010-01-23 18:44, Savge Tiki wrote:

On 2010-01-22 04:54, Tai Won On wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll bring my lab coat. Now this is my kind of research. :wink:

TV's will happily supply the beakers.

TWO

We'll be doing some last minute show prep (aka drink research) at T.V Palo Alto tonight.

K

Ms. Tanya B and MC Woody will be there in effect (arms crossed, old school hip hop stance, shades, Adidas, bigass clock around neck, kangol, and Mai Tai).

On 2010-01-26 17:14, KAHAKA wrote:
Ms. Tanya B and MC Woody will be there in effect (arms crossed, old school hip hop stance, shades, Adidas, bigass clock around neck, kangol, and Mai Tai).

I will buy you the mai tai if you rock the rest of that get up. THAT would be classic! Actually, maybe we should all get our Flava Flav on.

Could not miss this- looking forward to it.

O
Otto posted on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 10:23 PM

Baby Doe and I will be there

I hope it rains so I can use my Trader Vic's umbrella!

--
http://www.tikioasis.com
http://twitter.com/tikioasis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikioasis/

on my way up in the morning.

Jeff(btd)

Trader Vic's Palo Alto has happy hour every day from 4-6pm, so get there early!

TWO

Trader Vics Happy Hour 4-6 PM is a great bargain. Mai Tai's only $6, BBQ Ribs $6, Pizza $6. What you probably don't know is just how far out of their way Trader Vic's and Dinah's Hotel have gone to help make this event possible. Please support them.

Pages: 1 32 replies