Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Welcome to the Home Tiki Bars forum!

Pages: 1 32 replies

Sorry it only took me five years to create this forum.

It's going to take a while for the dust to settle, and move old posts here. So give this forum time.

DO NOT bother U-modding topics to be moved here at this point. I'm working on a plan to get all the old Home Bar posts here -- stay tuned.

Mahalo,

hanford

BTW, this forum will probably get moved inside of Creating Tiki at some point (unless we all think it would be better somewhere else) but for now it's going to sit right here below the General forum.

good call Hanford!
slow and steady wins the race!

This is gonna be like the GRAND HALL of HOMEMADE TIKI BARS!
excellent!

Its alive!

Great! Now there is pressure to build a bar. :D

Hooray! Thanks so much for this Hanford! It's gonna rule.

K

Yay Hanford!

Excellent!!!

Ooooh....I am so thrilled...now I can hear more beyotching about the bike on my ceiling....I can feel the love already.

UDAMAN Hanford...thanks for listening to the huddled masses. YOU ARE LUVED!!!!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 22, 2010 6:38 PM

awsome!!

YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!

oops, double post. My Bad....

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2010-02-22 19:57 ]

tanx, HL!

Great, now I just need a bar..... Looks like I have my work cut-out for me these next few weeks.. Looking forward to all the pics in the new forum to help me put it all together..
Thanks Hanford, U Rock! :wink:

T

Hanford you rule ! I only just saw this now, as I was out all day today buying bamboo and stuff to start tikifying my Lanai....what a strange coincidence.

Thanx for this, I guarantee this will be the most popular thread category on TC in no time flat.

WHOO !!!

Teri,

Just do it! :wink:

yea whata kool post .

Finally! I'm excited...Thanks Hanford!

ZAZZ!!
I think you should keep this Forum where it is now. No need to blend it into Creating Tiki.

Yeah!!!!! Well done Hanford, this is going to be killer!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 12:58 AM

It's about damned time!

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-02-23 01:34 ]

T

On 2010-02-22 21:01, RevBambooBen wrote:
Teri,

Just do it! :wink:

Boo, I'm DOIN' it ! I can't wait until this forum is filled with pics from other people's bars, so I can get ideas.

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 8:37 AM

OO! GOODISHE!

thanks hanford

just when you didn't think this cld gett any better!!!! Hell yeah this is gunna be sweeeeeettttt!!!!!!!!

Hey Hanford, are there going to be any ground rules set down? I'm really glad to see this thing rolling.

On 2010-02-24 20:35, Matt Reese wrote:
Hey Hanford, are there going to be any ground rules set down? I'm really glad to see this thing rolling.

What do you suggest?

Clothing optional!

Well, I know there was a lot of discussion pertaining to people not posting certain things. One example I recal was arts and crafts stuff in progress being posted as a seperate topic and then being added to the home bar. Just want to be clear that many topics could easily become repeats of what is already established in other areas.

Not sure if you are suppose to post pictures yet of your bar, but this is ours.
Still in the process, Its a good feeling to go home to your own bar and relax.
Even though there is no name yet

Thanks for creating this thread.
Roxanne

[ Edited by: goddess-sunb 2010-02-26 08:41 ]

[ Edited by: goddess-sunb 2010-02-26 08:52 ]

G

Here is my Coco Bongo Tiki Bar. The theme inside is Hawaiian WW2 Officers Club.

Back Bar

I sure do like the mood evoked in the first photo. Looks like something from the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland. You've got a very cool looking place.

However, and I only mean this to sound like a constructive criticism, if I were you, I would sand the paint colours off those tikis. It would look much cooler if they had an aged appearance(plus I never cared for those painted tikis from Indonesia). Better yet, get some different ones (more classically designed) by one of the carvers in yr area.

I think this has enough traction to stay right here. Out of the woodwork come two newbies with awesome bars!
MR; Rules? we don't need no stinkin' rules!

Pages: 1 32 replies