Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Bahooka mug for late Spring - Launch party info in CA Events

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

The first night we premiered our mugs happened to be the inaugural book signing of Sven Kirsten's infamous "Book of Tiki". Sven and I have been friends over these last many years and we've decided to come out with some new, fresh designs, aptly entitled "The Sven Kirsten Kollection". First up is a design Sven created for the world famous Bahooka. Done-up in one of our new glazes, we hope you dig it!

We'll be premiering this mug on Saturday, June 19th at 5:30pm. Sven'll be there, I'll be hanging out and DJ Jay Strongman will be spinnin' the tunes that night. There will be a 1-night only "buy the drink, keep the mug" special going on, too.

Mahaloz!
Holden
http://www.tikifarm.com
myspace.com/tikifarm

[ Edited by: makedamug 2010-06-13 15:16 ]

On 2010-02-23 13:01, MakeDaMug wrote:
we hope you dig it!

Yep, I dig it.

CJ

kick ass!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 1:19 PM

Yeah, man! I dig it too!!

Looks like a visit to Bahooka in May is in the making :)

Yea New Mugs!

LT

Sellz me one, please!

J

Nice !! I like how the mug isn't a typical Tiki icon. As the Bigbro reminds us, the Bahooka is more nautical/beachcomber than it is classic Tiki-style. Even in his merchandise, he practices what he preaches.

Also bad spelling is a characteristic of Hip-Hop kulture not Tiki culture.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-02-23 14:50 ]

WOW I really like this one!! Good Job Fellas!!

R

WOW! I gotta say, I really like this mug. Perfect in every way for The Bahooka. In Fact, I think I will rename my bar "Bahooka" so I can tell people it was made for my backyard.
CONGRATS, Gentlemen.

T

Great job!!
I like that its like no other mug.
There are sooo many different mugs, getting kinda hard
to make a new style.

Add me to the pile of fiercely "diggin' it"!

G

Aha! So THAT'S the mug you were telling me about Sven? Wonderful design and quite unique. I love it! Well done.

DO WANT.

Love the fact that every angle has a different look! Sven does the Bahooka proud.

Suhweet!

Thank yoh thank yoh thank yoooh! I am quite pleased with the result of this collaboration, I must say, and want to thank Kevin Kidney for rendering the excellent font for this new line (inspired by the Crane Kon-Tiki font):

I apologize for making it such a blunt name, but Holden and I felt that "The Kirsten Kollection", though fine for the Tiki Community and others in the know, would have not been as clear in terms of branding.

I am looking forward to creating future ceramic curiosities!

Congrats Bigbro, what an honor! Where did you get the design idea for the Tiki on the mug? Is this a logo Tiki of theirs? Was it Tiki transference?

It is that classic janus-style Tiki that was used in so many Tiki establishments as a railing post, it's in Tiki Modern. It actually does not appear at the Bahooka, but they don't have that many Tiki to begin with, and no real logo Tiki. And I wanted to have one simple Tiki in the mix, and he is one of the most clear cut but vintage designs.

Yowza!!!!

K

That there is a naaaaaace one! Dig it.

mmmmmmm pie.

nice job.

Jeff(btd)

Great mug & great news BigBro & Holden!

T

We'll be coming out to SoCal in July, gonna have to stop at Bahooka for this one! Great job Holden, Sven & Kevin(and whoever did the sculpt)!

B

Great work you guys! I really like the little glass float image hanging over the side of the mug. The new underglaze/glaze application looks really nice too...still, that ole standard tobacco spit glaze (as JoneSey calls it) looks just killer on that raised lettering on the bottom of the one Big Bro posted. I can't wait to see this whole line up of new mugs come to reality.

Huge props your way gents!

Can't wait to get my hot little hands on these! Love the design! I think it really represents what Bahooka is. Very nice.

Nice Mug!!!

Where's Rufus??

(: that fish is the logo tiki!! :wink:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 26, 2010 10:15 PM

Maybe they can do a Rufus plastic stirrer to go with mug.

Nice work Sven, I really like it. I remember your discussion about getting some new-old designs into the modern restaurant mug world.

Now I ask you this, can you drink straight off that rim or is this with straw only?

Congrats,

DC

Dayam...that's a really nice mug !

HT

It is really a nice mug, when you look at the mug you know it is for Bahooka tiki bar. Also, nice to have the name Bahooka on the front of the mug.

rufus,rufus,rufus=mug#2?????awesome job on this one...one of the most creative mugs i've seen in a really long time(ever!!). i can't wait to see some more of the collection..any future release dates ???

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2010-02-28 07:21 ]

Swen rocks and so do you Holden, great mug.

V

Very cool mug, I dig it too.

i am still waiting for this!! bahooka is a legend to any southern californian!

T

A first time seeing this and its great. Closest thing as a tiki bar's interior displayed into a mug.

now THAT is one cool mug!
Captures the mood and feel of the Bahooka perfectly!

does that mean you're going to have a RELEASE party at Bahooka????? Let's do this properly! I call dibs on Chico's section!

Saw this in person awhile ago. Sweet job Tiki Farm and Sven!
Overheard something about a release party too me thinks!

A must have mug, Wendy

You're killing me ......release the hounds...I mean the mug already.When is the expected
release date on this mug Sven and Holden?

Cool!

TT

I really hope you make that available for us poor schmucks who live on the other coast. That really is a great looking mug. Congratulations on an awesome start to what looks to be a wonderful collection.

Spot on! Sven and Tiki Farm ... Captured the essence of the Bahooka perfectly!

I was at Bahooka today and they're proudly displaying photos of this awesome mug and promising a "huge tiki party" on June 19th at 5.30pm for the mug release. Apparently it's available in brown or green. Any details? Bands? Other merch? Oh, I hope so.

[ Edited by: debrastuart 2010-06-05 16:08 ]

Can't wait! Just did a drive by the other day!

M

On 2010-06-05 16:06, debrastuart wrote:
I was at Bahooka today and they're proudly displaying photos of this awesome mug and promising a "huge tiki party" on June 19th at 5.30pm for the mug release. Apparently it's available in brown or green. Any details? Bands? Other merch? Oh, I hope so.

[ Edited by: debrastuart 2010-06-05 16:08 ]

It's being produced exclusively in the brown glaze shown... for now!

P
phinz posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2010 6:12 PM

Will they be available to those east of the Mississippi? Perhaps on the Tiki Farm website, since the Bahooka's kind of far away for those of us in Appalachia?

M

On 2010-06-09 18:12, phinz wrote:
Will they be available to those east of the Mississippi? Perhaps on the Tiki Farm website, since the Bahooka's kind of far away for those of us in Appalachia?

The Bahooka will have them for sale on their website (just as they did with the last mugs but I think those are all sold-out now).

Pages: 1 2 56 replies