Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra at Kon Tiki - April 10th - Re-Light the Night

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

I know there is a thread for this already, but I wanted to give everyone the details of our performance at the "Re-Light the Night Ceremony"
Though the re-lighting ceremony will take place outside under the torches with a fire show by Flam Chen, The Tikiyaki Orchestra will be performing 2 sets INSIDE the Kon Tiki.

The first set will be a dinner set starting around 8:00.

The second set will be a late night after the last band performance outside, by Thee Swank Bastards...probably around 11:00 or so.

It's an honor to play inside such a classic tiki temple as the Kon Tiki, and the amazing interior will serve as a perfect backdrop for us.

So, those of you who've never been to the Kon Tiki, make your dinner reservations now...this will be a really great, intimate setting...
Dinner, cocktails, exotica..what more could you ask for ?

The later set, should prove to be a blast, as, I'm sure everyone will be lit up like those torches, and we'll do our best to stir up the Kon Tiki Ghost,
with lots of bongo beatdowns in true Tikiyaki style.

Also, Bong from the Smokin Menehunes and The Hula Girls will be sitting in for Gary Brandin on Steel.

So, everyone come out and experience this special event, with all the vendors, and entertainment, this is a show not to miss.

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-03-03 08:12 ]

TM

The menehunes played there way back when, and I strongly advise eating the hula chicken (or whatever they call it now) because it is OLD SCHOOL fake cantonese, with the sweet red syrup sauce! You are gonna love it, Jim!

Have a good show, my friend! I will be there in spirit!

Bong's gonna be there!?!?!
Sweeeeeetness!

can't wait.

Jeff(btd)

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2010 9:22 AM

Jim -

Mel and TikiG will be in the house - first timers to the Tucson Kon Tiki

• not only to see Tikiyaki Orchestra (of course), Thee Swank Bastards and Shrimp Chaperone but of course to witness the re-lighting ceremony shebang :)

By the way you mentioned above to make dinner reservations - I guess one would have to call the Kon Tiki to do so?

T

Yea, I'm guessing you have to call the Kon Tiki.

Hang on with the reservations for a few hours (please). I'm frantically updating the web site and it should be done by this evening.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Jim. We're going over to the KT soon and we'll have a drink for you. As it's my Birthday tomorrow and Maggie's Birthday on Friday we may have more than one :)

Here's the fine details regarding the Tikiyaki Dinner Show:

The Tikiyaki Orchestra will be performing 2 sets INSIDE the Kon Tiki.

Because seating is limited and we'd like to minimize disturbances during the show, we've had to come up with a few little rules:

We'll be taking reservations from 6 'til 7.30

We will hold your table for 15 minutes after your reservation. Please don't be late!

Everyone at your table must order dinner.

Below you'll find a link to a handy seating chart. We'll do our very best to keep updating this as quickly as possible, but please understand if your table choice is unavailable:

http://www.kontikitucson.com/relightthenight/relightseating.html

Remember, seating is limited and dinner reservations are strongly recommended.

You will need to call the Kon Tiki directly at (520) 323 7193 to make your reservations. They are open at 11 a.m (Arizona Time) daily.

Tikiyaki will play a second set later in the evening with no reservations required.

Don't forget your Limited Edition Event mugs, either! Available for purchase now and pick-up at the event :)

http://www.kontikitucson.com/relightthenight/relightmug.html

This is gonna be an amazing show!

T

Nice flyer !!!

On 2010-03-04 08:35, cheeky half wrote:

WooooHooooo! Reservations made :) Where's Bong's Picture??? I thought he was performing with Tikiyaki??

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Apparently Woohoo not check the original Re-light the Night thread where GROG post this flier earlier this morning:

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-04 10:52 ]

Here's the updated poster:

Fixed.

(thanks for the assists there, Grog and Jeff. Much appreciated)

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2010-03-05 07:20 ]

WoooHoooo! Grog you are quick :)

Eddie the drummer

Who cares about all those old geezers and lushes! :lol: What I wanna know is if the original art work on top of this thread will be available in poster form! If so, please someone bring one back for me, I totally dig it! (Sorry, Tikiyakies, you are all beautiful, of course!)

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2010 10:26 AM

On 2010-03-07 10:18, bigbrotiki wrote: (Sorry, Tikiyakies, you are all beautiful, of course!)

GROG didn't know Bigbro was a FICTION writer!

Hey Sven, thanks for the 'poster love'. Yes, we plan on doing a limited run of prints that will be available on the night.

Please save one for me, I can't make it by, I'm too far away...

Definitely not Tucson. Fear not, intrepid traveler, we'll save you a poster.

Pages: 1 18 replies