Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Menhun'econs? or Leper'hunes?? Pg 2 St.Pat'iki's best Wishes

Pages: 1 27 replies

CA

I put a bit to much energy into making some cool Celtic based mugs and haven't put to much thought into "Who is St. Pat'iki?"

Help me out and win a 'Green' Tiki necklace from me. I'll send one to the person with the best description... I may use it on my ebay descriptions for the mugs....
let's end this thing on the 13th? 10:00AM so I can mail the Lucky Charm out before the big 'New' Day....

here's a bit O'Brain food for thought and some Happy St.Pat'iki Day Wishes from The KING!!!!! and I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF0Rz3dt7s
buy the way? do you put Stout in these or....?

more pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32212&id=1485764506&l=c88b6e06b3

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-03-12 18:26 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-03-13 10:12 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-03-17 10:19 ]

your crazy....Al!

UB

Might that now be a wee bit of Blarney comin' from that video now?
Proud to be an Irish Tiki file me self!
Happy St Patty's and CHEERS!

Oh my! At first I thought you were kiddin' us, but I should have know better than to underestimate your CRAZINESS! Those mugs look FANTASTIC!

B

I love that shade of green and the Hawaiian/Celtic designs mesh well. Nice work - again!

Z

Saint Pa'tiki was known all throughout the polynesian isles as the one who drove out the cargo cult snakes from the isle of Ire... also known as marqesaritaville. He brought Rum to the islanders, who had only known of some beverage known as 'whiskey' before, and bestowed upon them the Mai T'ireland, a beverage made with blue curacao instead of cointreau, and a dash of yellow food coloring.
~Zero

Mai T'ireland:

• 1 oz. Dark Rum
  • 1 oz Light Rum
  • 1 oz Orange Curacao
  • 2 oz Orange Juice
  • 1/2 oz Lime Juice
  • Dash Orgeat
  • Dash Simple syrup (bar syrup)
  • Yellow food coloring (or a dash of Yellow Chartreuse)

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2010-03-07 16:06 ]

T

Move over Hope and Bing!
I can see a whole new series of on the road trip movies!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_w3UG6C_Mo
Nice new mugs.

Crazy Al, you live up to your moniker just a little too well, I'm starting to think it's not an act! :lol: Great mugs and beautiful green glaze.

TT

Oh, St. Pat'iki! Well known patron saint of drunkards, rum distillers, loose hipped wahines and mug collectors! Kidnapped from the Emerald Isle by a South Pacific headhunter tribe, he miraculously saved his own life by teaching the savages to distill their own liquour with what they had on hand...sugar cane! After partaking of their fine rum, the women of the village treated him to a special hula...well, that is why St. Pat'iki is not so well known....he wasn't such a saint anymore! But Crazy Al has perfectly captured the likeness of the Celtic Tikis found in the ruins of this ancient village, and the skull mug is a wonderful example of St. Pat'iki's influence on the headhunter's trophies!

Ok...enough rum for me for a bit...I'm getting as crazy as Al!

:drink:
Tacky

The Lava Lounge...deep in the heart of the Enchanted Canna Forest!
On board the Tikiyaki Airways flight, waiting for a Mai Tai!

[ Edited by: Tacky Tiki 2010-03-07 15:03 ]

Great Mugs,
and loved the Vid. with King Kuk.

Jeff(btd)

CA

nice direction on the Pat'iki legions!! the cocktail is what i was looking for too........

Z

The second, but equally important libation known to the Islanders of the region, was named the Emerald Lagooni, and is traditionally served in green ceramic vessels as an homage to the good saint, utilizing several of the rums and fruits that he brought from the mythical Land of the Beach, an area unknown to the cliffs and rocky shores of the islanders.

The Emerald Lagooni*
1/4 Naval Orange, cut into 1/8 slices
1 small Lime
1 oz. Vanilla Cognac
2 oz White Rum
1 oz Demarara Rum
2 oz. Gold Rum
1 tsp. Oregat
1 oz blue Curacao
1 can Ginger Ale
1 Dash Agave Nectar
Orange Juice

fill 2 Pa'Tiki mugs with ice, pour 1/2 can Ginger ale into each. Shake & strain all but Agave and juice into cups. drop 2 or 3 drops of agave in each mug, top with orange juice. Cut lime into quarters. Squeeze 1 quarter lime in each cup, add lime chunk & orange chunk to top.

~~Alternately, this beverage can be served as a Marquesan Snake Chaser, with all ingredients mixed in a Scorpion bowl.

~Zero

PI

Wants!!!

Z

As do we all, Pomaika i. As do we all.

from Wikipedia:

"Patron saint of all cocktails having the word 'Irish' in them, and guardian of 'All The Tiki Bar(s?) in Ireland' according to legend, Crazy St.Pat'iki has been gaining increasing popularity on this side of the Atlantic with the resurgence of Tiki Culture in America.

Excommunicated from the Catholic Church in 1826 for serving cocktails during holy communion and blessing the congregation with the phrase; "God is like a Box of Chocolates", St. Pat'iki was later granted full sainthood after performing several bona-fide miracles, including:

1. Turning whiskey into rum
  2. Driving the snakes out of Kathy Ireland
  3. Creating the Blarney Stone by passing it through his kidney
  4. Accidentally killing a leprechaun with a swizzle stick while blessing it.

Later, he was the first saint to receive Double Secret Excommunication for deep-frying Snicker Bars in the baptismal fount while chanting "in nomine Crisco!".

Typical greetings between adherents of St. Pat'iki include blowing paper umbrellas out of cocktail straws at tiki bars and the folding cocktail napkins into origami tikis, which are worn on the head. Other rituals include tying shamrocks into the hair of one's beard (or, in the case of women, one's armpits)."

Oh My!

CA

here the weeeeeeee little prize!

It's Blarney!

CA

Ok... I think all 'three' of my contestants get the prize!!
Zero-Tacky-Sabu!!!!!!!
so I'll send out Three!!
p.m. me your addresses... i have to go make those cocktails now too......

thanks all... and spread the Blarney Tiki Magic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF0Rz3dt7s

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-03-13 10:25 ]

On 2010-03-12 18:21, crazy al wrote:

Find the four leaf clover and win another prize.
Happy Patty Day!

Great mug Al.

I will be wearing mine on the big day, no doubt about it!

~Zero

CA

Mr.-0-! i hope you get one of these today!!

Unga! is da Man! Find the Four-leaf Clover in one of these two pics and a bit o' the Blarney Green will be with you Today!
DON'T POST ANSWERS...other then 'Found it!' leave the Leper'hune fun for others. Thanks

Have a safe and happy day... what ever you might be drinkin!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-03-17 12:40 ]

P

[ Edited by: pdrake 2010-03-17 12:24 ]

P

give of yourself. it's the most precious of all gifts.

[ Edited by: pdrake 2010-03-17 12:24 ]

AAAARGH!
WHERE'S WALDO!?!?!?!

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2010-09-27 00:07 ]

Thanks, C'Al for me Lucky Charm that arrived in me mailbox yesterdee!

C

oooooh ooooh oooooh!!!!!

Aloha Al!!!

I just saw the "find the 4 leaf clover" thread!
I found it!!

Toward the middle of the left hand side - the one with darker leaves.

Am I quick enough??
Hope so :D

Hope you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!
-Caroline

OH!! Spoiler!!!

Thanks Al for my Lucky Tiki!! I came home from work on the big day to find him waiting for me!! He now has a place of honor in my tiki room with Tiki King, Buzzy, Coco Joe's and Kirby pendants!!

Mahalo!!

:drink:
Tacky

Pages: 1 27 replies