Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Claq50's tiki bar UPDATE 09-02-10

Pages: 1 22 replies

C
claq50 posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:37 PM

I decided to take a break from carving and build my own tikibar. So far so good, not finished with yet, but posting up some status shots.

Area for the bar

Screen removed

Wall framed out

Outside wall finished

Framework on bar started

Plywood up

roof rafters up

Bamboo Arrived

Started to wrap bar in bamboo

Electric started, huge job

Started work on roof, shot from the inside

[ Edited by: claq50 2010-06-10 17:25 ]

[ Edited by: claq50 2010-09-02 13:03 ]

M
Murph posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:53 PM

Lookin' Good!

I like the bamboo across the top.

Keep us updated.

That's looking really good. And in a fast pace too!

C

Heres an update, more work done on the bamboo siding and got some of the lighting started.

front of the bar

Front roof lit up

From the bar top looking up

dude this thing rocks!!!! lookin sweeeeeeettttt!!!! i love it!!! love the light up thatch roof good idea and original too!! cheerz!!

Nice bamboo work. Where did you buy it? I haven't seen those boxes before.
KG

C
claq50 posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2010 6:30 AM

Thanks everyone, i got the bamboo from someone on craigslist. I ended up spliting it in half to get the most out of it. There is alot of detail work in using bamboo!

B

Does the kitchen window open all the way so you can access the sink I see there? Excellent placement of your bar, if so - put a sink on the Tiki bar side of the window and just swivel the faucet around! I like the lighted roof too! Being in western Washington (Seattle area), outdoor bars don't work very well - gets WAY too chilly at night, even after a scorching summer day. Most of us have our bars hidden away in dark basements!

C

Yes the window does pass thru. Im also putting an outdoor bar sink in the back corner. I just finished the bartop tile yesturday and will be grouting tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Looking good...nice bamboo work. :)

T

Great looking tiki bar. I will be following along.

Great looking tiki bar. I will be following along.

W

I love the bamboo work, what are you looking at for decorations?

C
claq50 posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 8:09 AM

Thanks everyone.

I finished the tile top finally and got the side edging on the bar top on. Ill try to remember to take a few pics tomorrow when i get home from work. So far its coming alnog nicely. As far as decorating im still trying to figure out which way i want to go with it. Once im done with the bar im going to start work on my Koi Pond and waterfall. I got the pumps filters and liners ready to go!

C

Update on the tile. I was going to use slate, but i changed to a porcalin tile instead for durability. I also did a little carving in the side molding on the bar.

That is lookin really nice. Love the carving on the bar trim. I see you also got your bar sink put in place.

C

Thanks, I just finished a little more of the lighting, it came out pretty awesome. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

C

Here is an update on the roof lighting. Pics didnt come out that great, but it will give you a general idea of what i did.

I added the recessed lighting on top.

I love the lighted bar overhang on the ceiling. Might just have to borrow a few of your ideas when I build my indoor bar. Did you light it from within with a light rope?

C
claq50 posted on Thu, Sep 2, 2010 1:03 PM

I used a 48 foot rope light. The effect is pretty cool. Definitly a better vibe then the fan light I had been using before. I got around to doing a little more work on the build this week. I pulled all the screening out and opened up the patio and then restain the concrete a beach sand color. Here are some pics.

All screens pulled out

old floor pressure cleaned off

New floors down

Very nice, and a perfect place to park that monster truck in the back.

J
Jetson posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 4:25 AM

I am diggin the the trim work you did with the molding. Very Clever!

C

Been busy latly. Got around to making something new for the backyard. Im planning on pouring a much bigger slab patio in a month or so. Then placing the koi pond finally in.

Pages: 1 22 replies