Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The home bar sound system

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

Thanks Bonj!

I have SO much to learn.....

This was posted on FB today and think it is pretty kewl.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/282aON/inhabitat.com/ibamboo-is-an-electricity-free-iphone-speaker-made-from-a-piece-of-bamboo/

iPhone users aren’t exactly at a loss when looking for a place to dock their phones these days. But even in a market that’s flooded with a myriad docking and music amplification systems, the iBamboo Speaker by designer Anatoliy Omelchenko of Triangle Tree manages to separate itself from the pack. The simple-yet-chic design consists of a single piece of bamboo — one of the world’s greenest natural materials — with a slot cut into it where the iPhone is placed. The natural shape of the speaker amplifies the tunes, producing a pseudo-stereo effect that requires no electricity.

DARN...want one!!!

And just in case you missed it, for you urban sophisticates, don't miss the iBamboo Urban...

http://ibamboospeaker.com/index.php/ibamboo-urban/

Gonna dust this thread off. I am finally getting the Hukilau Lounge back into action after a long dry spell. My wife had purchased a small bookshelf stereo system for our anniversary last year and I'm finally getting around to make some small shelves to hold the speakers high up on the wall of the lounge. It's a great little unit with CD player and best of all is it has Bluetooth. Now I can control all of the tunes and all of the functions of the stereo via my phone from behind the bar. Very handy indeed.

I have a stereo-paired set of Sonos speakers. Not super loud -- but our bar will be more of a place to talk with the appropriate music in the background. Also - the versatility is nice. Easy to make separate playlists depending on the mood - Straight up exotica, surf / garage, Space Age bachelor pad, bossa, classic jazz, old Vegas. I know I'm sacrificing sound quality, but it will do the trick.

AK

Pages: 1 2 54 replies