Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

bullet's pupule hut with new clutter category added! 3/25/10

Pages: 1 15 replies

a work in progress by bullet, wendy and dan.

the first thing i did was replace the white curtains and get some real wood shutters for the bay windows and picture window.

this is a sunken living room/dining area. the living area has a 8.5' ceiling, so two 4' pieces wouldn't do. i went with 4' matting on the top and 3.5' matting on the bottom. i cut tapa into strips to fill the gap.

once the bamboo planks are in place it doesn't look half bad, i dare say!

just throwing art at the walls and seeing where it sticks. i'm sure these will be re-arranged many times before i'm satisfied.

ah, beautiful tiki clutter!

bosko clutter

maori/coco joe clutter

rat fink clutter

and png clutter.

weapon clutter

our next step will be a shelf all the way around the top for mugs, coco joes, rat finks, etc. then we'll cover the ceiling and start figuring out where everything is gonna go. eventually i'll figure out what to do for flooring and attempt to construct a tiki hut facade and doorway for an entrance. no big hurries on those two projects. i'll probably not get to them til next spring or summer.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-25 19:36 ]

Great progress! You have a lot of cool artifacts and tiki art! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it come together.

Fun fun fun...turning a warehouse into a museum. It will look great!!!

T

What a great start. Looking awesome, Love your collection. Keep the pictures coming.

Lookin good Bullet. Thanks for posting. Whatcha gonna do with that ceiling? lol.
Mine is getting painted brown next week.

Don't loose your steam and keep us updated.

Darilyn

look at that smile, ab. i can't wait to find the right spot for that big hunk of islander bamboo you gave me. talk about good timing! mahalo cuz! i finally went through your thread. it's awesome what you're doing with the bamboo.
that's a pretty good description of we're trying to do, vamp. pretty, pretty, good. (ld rules!)
mahalo vato and lola!

On 2010-03-24 21:55, LiddleLola wrote:
Whatcha gonna do with that ceiling? lol.

i was sure bamboo ben was gonna be the first to gimme crap about that! he was last time! hopefully i'll rake in enough dough at the tonga hut to stop by oa or benson's and get something to finsh the ceiling.

Daaaang!
lookin Great despite all the clutter!
At least the clutter's organized!
Can't wait to see pics after all the final pieces are in place!
Seeing you grinning so big
just brightens up the world!
Have fun on Sunday
at the Kingstiedye Parking Lot Sale at the Tonga Hut!!!
I hope you raise enough funds to get that ceiling done...

:)

That Rat Fink crap just doesn't belong. Box it all up & send it to me & I'll dispose of it for you! :D

Part of the fun of working with Bullet is seeing all the wonderful artwork. Part of the challenge of the project is not stepping on or bumping any of it while we work. So far so good. Little Lost Tiki your art is so wonderfully detailed that I look at it again and again and every time there is something new to discover. Wendy

PS Bullet good job on the thread

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-25 08:37 ]

T

OOOoo, I love Weapon Clutter

T6

WoW! I don't see any clutter..... just beautiful Tiki jewels.

I have a soft spot for Tiki art and Rat Fink. I have my own shrine to "Big Daddy" and the Rat.

The Tapa is a awesome touch. Looks fantastic! Keep posting those progress pics.

kingstiedye wrote - "look at that smile, ab. i can't wait to find the right spot for that big hunk of islander bamboo you gave me. talk about good timing! mahalo cuz! i finally went through your thread. it's awesome what you're doing with the bamboo."

Very cool bro, love the pic. Mahalo for reading the thread and letting me know whats up. When i started the bamboo project i thought It was a good concept but didn't really know how it would go over or turn out. Its been great so far. Your smile and gratitude is what its all about.

Aloha :)

Hi Abstractiki, when I took the photo of Bullet we had been looking for just the right place to hang it. You have made so many people happy. We love our piece and will find a great place for it in Dan's collection. Thank you so much, Wendy

dude you got a ton of stuff....

your home will be like a gallery/museum with all those fine artifacts.

How about posting a photo of the supplies you scored on your trip to the Tonga Room sale? Looking forward to the next building day, Dan and Wendy

Pages: 1 15 replies